Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What questions do you have about Island Living?

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    I'm curious if there's "off the grid" ways to take care of hygiene. And if you can use toilets on an "off the grid" lot or have to rely on pee bushes. I'd kind of like some kind of chamber pot item.

I think in one of Iron Seagull's videos he said you could use the waterfall to get clean. I also noticed on the description of a toilet, it said something about off-the-grid.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Can sims identify a mermaid in disguise as such immediately, or do they have to see them doing something fishy?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    If a mermaid tries to drown a sim is there any chance of a lifeguard saving them? Or if the sim is drowning on their own for whatever teason? Or will lifeguards just be for show.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Can sims identify a mermaid in disguise as such immediately, or do they have to see them doing something fishy?

You can ask other sims if they are a mermaid but they will probably deny it the first time.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Can mermaids become ghosts?
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If your sim lives on a lot with the OFF THE GRID trait, can your sim still use their phone or does it stop working too?

That I did see in a Lets Play... phones don't work on the lot (I think they can use them if they go off the lot). The sim had to leave the lot to get a job but I forget if they used their phone or a public computer.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Can mermaids become ghosts?

Most likely. Every occult sim we've had so far has a ghost form.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    If a mermaid tries to drown a sim is there any chance of a lifeguard saving them? Or if the sim is drowning on their own for whatever teason? Or will lifeguards just be for show.

I imagine it would work like it did in TS3 where lifeguards were only for the career. They didn't have any use outside of their work hours.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I'm curious if there's "off the grid" ways to take care of hygiene. And if you can use toilets on an "off the grid" lot or have to rely on pee bushes. I'd kind of like some kind of chamber pot item.

I think in one of Iron Seagull's videos he said you could use the waterfall to get clean. I also noticed on the description of a toilet, it said something about off-the-grid.

Thanks! Hmm, I thought they didn't make a toilet for this pack... just a recolor of a basegame one.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    How will mermaid tails work in the shower?
  • Options
    How will the nude lot trait affect children? The game doesn't allow adult sims to be naked if there is a child on the lot. Will this lot trait also automatically ban children from the lot? What if I bring a child in my household to the lot?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

I believe it has been said that they don't get a tail in the shower, but I know for sure they get one in the bathtub.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options

I believe it has been said that they don't get a tail in the shower, but I know for sure they get one in the bathtub.

I'm guessing hot tub as well?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

Thanks! Hmm, I thought they didn't make a toilet for this pack... just a recolor of a basegame one.

I think it was just a regular base game toilet. Sorry, I should have clarified.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    BobpicklebeanBobpicklebean Posts: 1 New Member
    Can the kids do all the activities adults can?
    Can children be fully-functioning mermaids?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Can the kids do all the activities adults can?
    Can children be fully-functioning mermaids?

Kids can snorkel and swim just like adults along with most beach activities, I do not think they can tan and burn though.

Children like every other occult will not manifest any mermaid powers or tail until teens. They can be them but they won’t be able to do anything special yet.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    yes you have too use a mod too get sunburn and suntan for kids and teens
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Can "Off the Grid" lot trait be used in other worlds?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    What kind of heebie jeebies did they have there that all of the game changers are sick...LOL

Honestly, sounds like allergies to me.

Probably is, Deligracy posted earlier on Twitter she gets allergies whenever she goes to LA, or it might be they don’t sound like they usually do because they’re didn’t bring normal mic

Probably is the air quality there.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2019

Maybe shower in the waterfall? That is the only thing I can think of.

oops @SweetieWright_84 answered the question
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Can I play as a vampire mermaid?
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wonder if there are any new skills in the pack? :smile:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Will the corals from the sea be in debug mode? I really want to make mermaid shipwreck and put some in but I didn't see them in b/b vids
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Will the corals from the sea be in debug mode? I really want to make mermaid shipwreck and put some in but I didn't see them in b/b vids

I don't think so, I saw a Build/Buy review that showed the debug items and they weren't there.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The only questions I really have is about the Off The Grid trait:

1. Isn't it a bit misnamed since you (I assume) still have a cellphone, very opposite of being off the grid?
    2. No running water? How does hygiene work? New objects that don't require plumbing?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek