Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids thread

Comments

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited June 2019
    I want to know what their special powers are.

Edit: never mind. Thanks to @BOY for posting a video!
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'm super excited for this life state because I hoped they would have siren-like powers! I plan to make three who are either cousins or roommates. They will be the last survivors of the lost city of Atlantis who are trying to make a new life in Sulani. For those of you who are familiar with Greek mythology there will be a siren, a nereid, and a naiad.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    Here's the collectibles that Nerissa found and keeps in her Grotto. So excited to fill it with shells and more tropical treasures!

2nqehdz.png

• SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    What happens if the Hydration is at 0 (sry if already asked)
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32XdRkPtR4

another mermaid centric video :)

That townie mermaid is definitely inspired by the mermaid in Siren :o And now I think I'm going to binge-watch the whole first season :D
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Here's the collectibles that Nerissa found and keeps in her Grotto. So excited to fill it with shells and more tropical treasures!

2nqehdz.png

What grotto? Mermaids have a grotto.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ll have to check, but I think XUrbanSimsX mentioned that mermaids don’t have to unlock powers like vampire powers, and they can do any of their powers, as long as they have enough Hydration to do the powers.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Can two mermaids woohoo underwater?
    edited June 2019

2nqehdz.png

What grotto? Mermaids have a grotto.

No, it's just a room in my sims house she filled with treasure sadly. I'm not sure if this is accurate though but while I was watching some of the game changers YouTube videos about mermaids someone said they heard talk about a mermaid grotto? Really excited to see if this is true because I was kind of disappointed by the fact that there is not deep sea diving.

Edit: Elliandra mentions a "Mermaid Cove" in her video on mermaids at about 6:17. She says she hasn't found it yet though.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    These are my plans:
    I will have my engaged sims have a child after their wedding (I plan to have their wedding on Sulani beach). If it’s a girl, I will make her into a mermaid when she is teen. If a boy..then..he’s just gonna be normal.

My second plan: My other mermaid I’ll have will be in the same save, but a different household. She’ll be a siren. She often drowns men with her voice, till finally she decides she wants a heir. She will find a good looking guy to seduce and have a child with. If the child is a boy, she will drown him once he reaches teen (sadly). As you pretty much guessed, she only wants a daughter. If she gets a son, she will get pregnant again with the same guy hoping for a daughter, then drown the father of the children brutally.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvhNdvKO1Ss

this video shows off the mermaids really well, including their powers! the bathtub animation is amazing. <3 all of their animations are amazing actually.

Thank you for posting this video! I'm so hyped for mermaids, I love the swimming animation, the kiss, the songs, and bathtub tail! So cool! I wonder if ghosts can be mermaids, then I could have evil drowned spirits mermaids that drown others as an old curse or something xD
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    No special mermaid wohoo? :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2019
    I thought you’d all find this cool. I wanted to see the difference between the tails. It is kind of cool!
    This is the yellow tail swatches from the mermaids gameplay video posted earlier.

b7jcbc.jpg
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvhNdvKO1Ss

this video shows off the mermaids really well, including their powers! the bathtub animation is amazing. <3 all of their animations are amazing actually.

Thank you for posting this video! I'm so hyped for mermaids, I love the swimming animation, the kiss, the songs, and bathtub tail! So cool! I wonder if ghosts can be mermaids, then I could have evil drowned spirits mermaids that drown others as an old curse or something xD

The mermaid sim which is a "townie" on the island looks incredibly evil in her mermaid form - it was in Deligracys video
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    What happens if the Hydration is at 0 (sry if already asked)

I believe they can lose their mermaid-ness and become human?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    These are my plans:
    I will have my engaged sims have a child after their wedding (I plan to have their wedding on Sulani beach). If it’s a girl, I will make her into a mermaid when she is teen. If a boy..then..he’s just gonna be normal.

My second plan: My other mermaid I’ll have will be in the same save, but a different household. She’ll be a siren. She often drowns men with her voice, till finally she decides she wants a heir. She will find a good looking guy to seduce and have a child with. If the child is a boy, she will drown him once he reaches teen (sadly). As you pretty much guessed, she only wants a daughter. If she gets a son, she will get pregnant again with the same guy hoping for a daughter, then drown the father of the children brutally.

I like your second plan, seems rather interesting. I plan to do something similar with my soon to be mersim and do the Amazon challenge but with a mermaid legacy!
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I took some screenshots from the EA play livestream (so this should be ok to share) which shows some CAS details:

Mermaids come with 9 exclusive eye colours
    mermaids-eyes.png

9 exclusive skin tones
    mermaids-skin.png

4 tail options with various swatches
    mermaids-tails.png

2 fin tops (alongside new bras)
    mermaids-fin-tops.png

2 new face details, one of which might be a face tattoo available to all sims
    mermaids-face-detail.png

I wish there were more fishtail options.....but I know modders are gonna have a blast with those. Unless we can unlock some idk.

The skins aren't exclusive. They are the skintones for aliens.

THANKYOU! It was annoying me so much that no one brought it up that they’re just rehashing old skintones from aliens! They couldn’t have AT LEAST gotten creative enough to make some pearlescent or pastel skin tones?

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have one family that I plan to move to Sulani at some point. She's one of the granddaughters of my legacy founder. She does not like children but still live with her two younger brothers and their fiances. Her brothers just each had a child, so there are two toddlers running around the house at the moment. While she loves her niece and nephew, Lilian has no desire to share a home with them, especially since they make it hard to concentrate when she works from home. So she has decided to move to Sulani to live a quieter life. It will also make a great place for her family to visit from time to time. I'm considering making her a mermaid at some point or having her settle down with a merman (if I can find one). She also may or may not end up with another kid...

Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    SimGuru Ninja shared a picture of an evil mermaid using some features from the Vampires pack. Oh no, @SimGuruNinja ,you just made me want to buy the Vampire pack too! I never wanted Vampires before. But I think I should get Island Living first, just to make sure I will enjoy playing with evil mermaids! :)
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    SimGuru Ninja shared a picture of an evil mermaid using some features from the Vampires pack. Oh no, @SimGuruNinja ,you just made me want to buy the Vampire pack too! I never wanted Vampires before. But I think I should get Island Living first, just to make sure I will enjoy playing with evil mermaids! :)

do u have that link?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Yea, I’d like the link too sense I’m planning on making an evil siren and I have the vampires pack!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @boy oh crap that's scary. lol thank you. It's nice that we can use the vampire stuff for the mermaids.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    Can two mermaids woohoo underwater?
    @AshtontoAshton22 No, they can WooHoo in the waterfall though.

Better than underwater if you ask me!

image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I was worried I would have to mod vampire teeth for my mermaids. The Shark teeth are awesome but so many of the vampire teeth work great too.