Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

350 Swatches Are Doors ONLY!

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAHAHAHAHAh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can't-I can't-....oh....oh no....I can't breath.....hahahahhahah-HAH!
Seriously? Seriously Maxis? Are you kidding me?!

https://simsvip.com/2019/06/12/the-sims-4-upcoming-350-color-swatch-update-is-for-doors-only/
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    O_O

350 swatched for JUST DOORS!?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    I knew 350 swatches was too good to be true. This is why they should quit teasing with silly tweets trying to hype people up. Their communication really needs improved.

Bright side more doors down side just doors
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    At least they could have included the windows as well! It's also for the base game only apparently. They may not have told the game-changers everything about it. That's what I'm hoping.

As someone who likes to build I am grateful for anything though. We lack so much that was available in older iterations still.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2019
    I KNEW THIS WOULDN'T BE THAT GREAT! I knew it! I knew it! This team..is a HUGE disappointment....god...I seen right through this...smh...

They need to STOP this, and quit hyping us up over nothing. What a disgrace!

But I am also laughing.....xD

With crap like this, I am beginning to NEVER get your hopes up with they hype something up...it'll hurt less that way.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So it really was true....that is just a major let down. I was already super unimpressed by them hyping up new swatches of all things, but I had hopes that old objects with lame swatch options would get a boost. But it's literally doors and only doors. I didn't think I cold care about this any less, but leave it to TS4 developers to let me down.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I never get hyped by these teasing to begin with, so no dissapointment here.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    They were incredibly vague aside from 350 swatches for base game objects. Could’ve mentioned it was doors only :| I learned not to get hype when they say something is exciting but they could’ve said doors only.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Woooooooooooow, they could have at least done doors and windows.... :(
  • AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    Now I know why I should never get my hopes up... I was hoping to have bars finally match countertops! What an absolute disappointment. :/
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »

Wouldn’t want them to get overworked! We all know how complicated and resource consuming recolors are.........

Not to mention mods could do this a lot better...

But PREACH!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Wouldn’t want them to get overworked! We all know how complicated and resource consuming recolors are.........

Not to mention mods could do this a lot better...

But PREACH!

Of course they could. Maxis is out of touch with their fan base and at this point they aren’t even trying to reconnect. They’ve resorted to misleading and falling back on the game changers to clarify for them. Pathetic!! Where’s the leadership around here?? Oh ya, they were spearheading the silly numbers game that started all of this.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Wait What!? Oh this is just....seriously are they just trying to satisfy the EA Game changers who are complaining about the doors and are not listening to the community at all?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2019
    logion wrote: »
    Wait What!? Oh this is just....seriously are they just trying to satisfy the EA Game changers who are complaining about the doors and are not listening to the community at all?

EA/Maxis does not care about the “community” because there is no “community” like there was in the past. They shattered that themselves through their own divisive actions, statements, and PR games.

They keep this game alive on marketing which they toss tons of money at every single year. If they had a community to get excited they wouldn’t have to play nonsense games over measly additions no one really cares about. They also wouldn’t have to constantly, and desperately, try to get ‘new’ players into the mix through whatever means necessary. I get Sims 4 is a live service game, but some people here say that as if it makes what Sims 4 does normal. They are desperate with this game, and they don’t have to be, but they sure aren’t trying to fix anything so they have no other choice.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    logion wrote: »

It does feel really weird that a certain popular Game Changer said she wanted more door colors and now it's added. I can only hope she already knew it was in progress and added her color wishes on top. But without any actual info it feels like they once again ignore the "normal community".
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    And here I was hoping for more skin tones, eye and hair colours... :neutral:

Like don't get me wrong, I love that they're attempting to fix the whole mismatched wood swatches but just doors? What about everything else in the game that barely matches? Really disappointing and this should have been clarified from the start.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Haha, I'm not surprised. The team always try to hype up not-that-interesting stuff. It's not a huge deal for me personally, I don't have trouble decorating with what we have now.

Couldn't they have at least included windows too, to match the doors?!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

You know i actually would like that. Matching doors and windows sounds nice.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Perhaps the 350 swatches will match the doors *to* the windows. You wouldn't have to change both.

Still, that does seem like a lot of swatches for doors.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It does seem a bit misleading.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really have some things that I would LOVE to say about this. That I can't. Because I really think this is one of the lowest of all the lows. And @SimGuruLyndsay should NOT have hyped the fanbase up to think this was something other than what it was. She said 350 swatches, because she knows it sounds like a lot. But it will do NOTHING for any of the furniture or build/buy mode items other than doors. :| Not happy. And now I see what people mean when they say this is all a big embarrassment.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."