Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there away to stop sims from trying to come into my house?

2...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry to hear that! Did you manage to make a backup of the save? He’s definitely not a roommate then. Maybe it’s wiser, once you’ve reinstalled everything, to start a new game with your family?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @JoAnne65
    I have backups of all my sim stuff on an external hard drive.
    I'm kind of glad I reinstalled as I was having an issue with plants looking funky
    and turned out I had some weird alien retexture mod installed for IP and I don't even know where it came from.
    So now, I got rid of that dude, but a new guy is here, and now not only was he trying to get in, now he's ringing the doorbell nonstop.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If the sim truly belonged/lived on the lot, they wouldn't be doing that. Sims cannot ring their own doorbell. Maybe he wants to know what you have done with his friend, that first sim. :p

Is this a redo or extension of the scenario where you TA'ed (got rid of) the first sim or the one where you used MC > Add Sim to add them to a different residential lot and thus made them a resident? Is this one a food merchant again or something else? I'm starting to wonder if this lot used to be a marketplace or something else somewhere along the line in its development history and it's stubbornly holding on to such an attribute.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Are you sure you're not trapped in an episode of Black Mirror :fearful:
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited June 2019
    @igazor
    I don't know much about the lot.Its a custom world I downloaded and when I started the game it was an empty residential lot.
    No, he doesn't have any role, just says retired.He tried to come in 3 or 4 times, then after a while, he rang the door bell and waited to be invited in, I just ignored him and then he stomped his feet a few more times and left.

I can say though, that I have similiar things happen in all my games.But not quite as bad.
    For example, if any of my houses have a pool, everyone and their brother tries to use it, the mailmen, the newspaper kids, I'd even have random sims come over and try to go in it, if the pool has a locked gate,they stomp their feet until overwatch resets him.But none of them ever try to come into the house.The paparazzi aren't even as bad as these people on my porch.lol
    Maybe he wants to know what you have done with his friend, that first sim.

I sent him to the twilight zone.I'm about to add a cowplant and see if any of them get enticed by cake, the problem is, if I'm not careful, my own sims become plant food lol.I had to close my game once and restart, cause my main sim got gobbled up.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have had a similar problem with one game a few years ago. I think I was playing in Appaloosa Plains. Sims keept going inside. I locked the doors and ignored them until the gardeners turned up for work. They refused to use the door at the back that I’d set up for them. Insisted on using the front door and went home if the front door was locked. In the end I just gave up on that game. I probably still have it somewhere.
    I may end up starting a new save with my sims.I just hate resetting up story progression and all the mod settings lol.
    edited June 2019
    I sent him to the twilight zone.
    But that's the same as TAing him. We already knew that a replacement would spawn if you did that. What happened to the idea of using MC > Add Sim to give him his own household or add him to another?

Role Sims who are currently not on duty do often show up as just Retired so that the game doesn't try to assign them to something else. Seasons festival booth workers will also show up that way when a festival requiring their staffing is not currently scheduled.

I may end up starting a new save with my sims.I just hate resetting up story progression and all the mod settings lol.
    Mod settings can be exported out of one game and imported into another by way of Overwatch. There is no need to set up mod options manually on each new game/world, unless one wants to. The export creates a Library file to hold the settings.

NRaas > Overwatch > Immediate > Export/Import

Many players report they get better results if Retuner settings are done as a separate export/import from everything else, but OW does reach all of the other mods that way and they can all be handled in one step going in either direction.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2019
    We already knew that a replacement would spawn if you did that. What happened to the idea of using MC > Add Sim to give him his own household or add him to another?

I tried that, the original guy never came back, but a new guy does.
    Awesome, here I've been manually redoing my settings each game.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    ... but OW does reach all of the other mods that way and they can all be handled in one step going in either direction.

ALL other mods or all other NRaas mods?

Even if it is all NRaas mods that is great. I had been exporting SP options (which is of course the one with the most options to set up) and then starting a new games from an already configured game to get the configuration of all the other mods.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    ... but OW does reach all of the other mods that way and they can all be handled in one step going in either direction.

Even if it is all NRaas mods that is great. I had been exporting SP options (which is of course the one with the most options to set up) and then starting a new games from an already configured game to get the configuration of all the other mods.
    All other NRaas mods, sorry should have been more specific.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »

All other NRaas mods, sorry should have been more specific.

Even so, it's a great function that I'll use in the future.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Prefacing this remark with the disclaimer: I am no expert!

Is it the basketball hoop that is doing it? I have had sims continually try to get into my house if I have a juice keg on the premises. I no longer have kegs at my house. :#
    Prefacing this remark with the disclaimer: I am no expert!

Is it the basketball hoop that is doing it? I have had sims continually try to get into my house if I have a juice keg on the premises. I no longer have kegs at my house. :#
    It does happen more I notice with objects in my yard for example the basket ball hoop or trampoline but the pool as well
    Alrighty, so the dude finally went away and haven't had issues...but now I have a new interesting issue with a completely different world and house.Just now I had a burglar and the police were called, instead of dealing with the burglar, the cop changed into his swimsuit and tried to go swimming, but because I have it fenced and locked, he couldn't get in got reset because of being unroutable and the burglar got away.
    The maid will stand and try to swim to.

What is with the obsession with trying to swim in my pool?