Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you usually play Careers? Go with them, Work from Home or Rabbit hole

EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
This poll does not count retail businesses.
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on

How do you usually play Careers? Go with them, Work from Home or Rabbit hole 43 votes

Let them go alone Rabbit Hole job
44%
storyybabajaynesekojranaCaityTrinaBlueSeaWavesannaliese39LatinaBunnyTechbiltHopeyStarrShinzenmunroeleListentoToppDoggSmellincoffeeHanneeWildIrishBansheeSimsandraSimSweetynetney52Maddieplaysgames 19 votes
Go with them to Active Job from GTW
16%
bshag4lvWritin_RegSimQueenie9SheriSim57RedShoe7Busufuxstxrrysequence 7 votes
Do a work from home / Freelancer job
20%
Akl500PAnmirlashanls96phantasmkissSindocatTomaTeriEnkiSchmidtSimAlexandriaCelSims 9 votes
Active Job from GTW but send them alone most days
16%
papertonguesunspriterXxAirixXfroggiiqqstorminmaysimms745Naerys97 7 votes
City living semi-active/rabbit hole Jobs (Politician/Critic/Etc)
2%
Iota 1 vote

Comments

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Depends on the sim. But I guess my most played career is Scientist because it offers the coolest and most useful rewards. I usually tag along until I’ve unlocked everything then send them alone.

But sometimes I design a sim in CAS and I think they fit the part of a secret agent (just as an example) so I put them in that career that just happens to be a rabbit hole.

It seems I just pick the career most fitting for my sims, the gameplay type it happens to be doesn’t really matter.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Depends on the sim. I always mix it up.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    As the others have said, it depends on the Sim. Although I do have a preference for unemployed/self-employed and just have my Sims garden all day, or paint, or authenticate and sell artifacts, etc.
    When I do play a career that has the option to work from home or go to a rabbit hole location, I usually vary depending on the Sim's needs, what else is happening in the household, whether they have other things to do. It's been some time since I played an active career, but I always join my Sim at work - their progress is so much slower when you send them alone. And joining your Sim at work is the main part of the active careers.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I couldn't vote because about half my Sims are freelancers usually, and the other half will have rabbit hole/semi-active jobs. I don't have GTW, but some of my Sims have semi-active jobs and I don't usually choose work from home - it depends what's going on with that sim, where they live, and who else is in their household.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm gonna have to echo the others. It does depend on the sim.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    I cant vote, cause I play mixed options. I always try to play an active job whether it is at home or at their workplace. I aspire for The sims to become a game where ALL jobs are like this and you can either choose to work from home, go to a workplace or send them to a rabbit hole.

I have had the chance to play the doctor career to the fullest so far (even included a private office for my top surgeon in the hospital building and at home), currently playing the social media career at the top as well and mostly work from home. Works good with being a single social mom who is having a toddler. And also currently playing an archeologist, but he does not have an official title yet as he still works at his tech job to get some extra income before changing fully to an archeologist with the freelancer type career. I thought of him giving classes in town, but the limited options in this game do not allow me to be creative in this.

Same with school I would love to see. Certain projects they have to do out of school which would include going to lots to talk to other students, make projects and meet with your study group, do interviews or share awareness on certain matters, do a study hour in the library etc.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Meh, I generally prefer rabbit hole jobs, gets them out of my hair for awhile! I haven't touched the active careers yet, though I have the work at home ones. I generally treat that as a rabbit hole too though. I also tend to play families, not single sims, and in my head, that makes a big difference!
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Can't answer the poll because it varies. Depends on the job, the Sim, how many are in the household, etc.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Can't vote because I do a little of everything :) I play about 50 households, and most have either a standard career orf work from home. The latter group also includes numerous jobs that I made up with no game tech and i just cheat their pay. Like one sim is a Janitor, she is responsible for tidying all community areas in two worlds. Up to now she has mostly been burning leafpiles, but there is also some odd cleaning. I follow her to work when I play her, but if I prefer following another household member that day, I just ignore her.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Once again, it depends on the sim. But more often than not, I'll join my actor sims on their job. The acting career is fun and cute, and each day feels different.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    All the above. It depends on the sim I am playing, but each of the sims I play will fit in either of those categories.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Do a work from home / Freelancer job
    I picked this option because it is how I normally play, but only by a little bit. I do the active careers where I follow them to work about a third of the time and the work-at-home careers about 2/3
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    If I have my sim play an active career I follow them until they get to the final job promotion but then I always do send to work alone. One time I did the work from home and my sim wasn’t paid as much as they would if they had gone and the progress bar didn’t go up either
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t mind going with my sims who are in active careers, but they often have families and I feel like I am missing something at home when I do. So I send them alone unless they need to advance in some way I can’t manage from home. For instance, my scientist worked until 7 every night and I didn’t enjoy cramming all that homework in for her 3 kids just to have them go to bed and start all over again. That was a boring time.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Depends. I don't have Get To Work, but I have Get Famous, and all my actor sims are followed to work unless the save is mainly focusing on say, their spouse or kid or sibling. But with the Work From Home jobs it depends on how busy they are that day. I use Freelancer a lot too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I mix it up too. Mostly since my households are small it's usually the active or semi-active careers because I like being with my sims.
    I do send them now and then to the rabbithole careers now and then but usually it's because that's the only job that matches my character.. or I have a larger family and want to focus on other sims more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I choose the career that fits the sims character, I do rotational play anyways so I get all of it.
    Only thing I do is have every sim have a different career/careerbranch, so I only have one of each active career since there is only one branche per, but for example 2 painters for each branch (and when freelancer comes to consoles another painter for that).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited June 2019
    Go with them to Active Job from GTW
    My single households have mostly jobs in the active career (including Vet). I mostly go with them, so I don't have to stay home alone XD. I really like the active careers.
    My family households have rabbit hole jobs.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I play rotationally and most homes have normal jobs. A good amount have doctor/scientist but I don't attend with them all the time. Only a small amount have freelancer
    caitytrina.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's hard to choose an option that suits me.

I love the careers that allow us to join with our sims most but at the same time I find they become repetitive quite fast and I end up not wanting to join them.

I thought I would love the freelance careers but it turns out I actually don't. They seem like a lot of hard work for little reward. I miss promotions and having skills to build up with these careers and it just seems easier to have my sims paint or write without the career.

Rabbit hole careers I like for sims that I don't focus on quite as much.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2019
    I couldn't vote either. 😊

In the family I've played the most recently, one adult has an active career and one adult freelances from home. I alternate which one I focus on every Sim day, so half the days I play the active career.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I want to do active careers, but last time I did my sims kids either would never go to school, were starving themselves, or the other parent wasn't taking care of the toddler (this is with autonomy on, I tried the take care of self thing and same results) so I'd be switching between the working sim and home about every minute, and my load times for sims 4 are about the same load times I get on sims 3.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I rarely use active careers (until I can be a conservationist :)) so I normally send my Sims to the rabbit hole careers. However, with CL, I do take advantage of the work from home feature if, say, my Sim didn't get enough sleep or something. I can work at my own pace and they still get paid. I have been playing with the freelancer career since that update and I actually do enjoy it a lot. I blasted through the acting career when I got GF, and it wasn't so bad... But the GTW active careers kind of bore me.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I couldn't vote either. 😊

In the family I've played the most recently, one adult has an active career and one adult freelances from home. I alternate which one I focus on every Sim day, so half the days I play the active career.

I really dont care if you guys vote. But the votes are definitely more interesting than "i use them all." but everyone plays their own way .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It varies, but I prefer rabbit hole careers.