Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Found out, Scuba Diving is a rabbit hole!!!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?

There are lots of rabbit holes in this game. School, work, concerts and other events. One more shouldn't be a surprise. :)

Yeah work and school are rabbit holes but i don't think any new careers added to eps are rabbit holes. They're usually semi active.

And I don't think we have concerts in the game or unless I missed that

You can get invited to a concert that's a rabbit hole. I could never make it work. My sim always seemed to miss the time.

Most of the part time jobs are rabbit hole jobs.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yeah I was a bit disappointed about this I’m not going to lie. But, the pack does look amazing so I’m not too upset.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    This is so unsurprising that it’s impossible to be disappointed.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Okay no you can’t scuba dive but the reason that was so needed in sims 3 is the water wasn’t clear. Dive lots were needed to do any of it and they could be unstable as cool as they were. I would have loved true scuba diving but the water is crystal. You can see everything from above the water unlike sims 3. And just imagine first person snorkeling, I finally have a real reason to use first person. So I’m not too disappointed because there is still beautiful visuals to see. That’s all that’s needed for me to be happy.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Yeah that's the trend with The Sims 4. Visuals to see and nothing else lol, no actual playable content. Scuba diving as a rabbit hole is plum and it completely breaks the inmersion.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    But I can't imagine many of us players scuba diving constantly as you will probably only play it for 30 minutes and never get back to it as you already been to that scuba diving area.
    If you want your sim to scuba dive, you will need to buy the proper equipment. If you want to take pictures while your sim scuba dives, you will need to buy a special camera. One of the GCer's showed off some of the BUYDEBUG stuff and there are some beautiful pictures taken while diving that your sim can take, much like pictures of space while in a rocket.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    well, plum.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m totally fine with it being a rabbit hole. In the sims 3 it always lagged. I loved island paradise but could barley play it because of how much it lagged, and I was playing on a pretty good computer.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    yupp wrote: »
    I’m totally fine with it being a rabbit hole. In the sims 3 it always lagged. I loved island paradise but could barley play it because of how much it lagged, and I was playing on a pretty good computer.

I do not understand why you can't have both for the sims4, features like underwater scuba diving and the game not lagging. Other games can do it.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I think, I'm happy with the snorkeling despite my gaming rig that I use to run all my games. To me it looks like enough has been added to keep me playing.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Engine limitation? Budget issues? Deadline? or maybe they just decided not to include it without reasons, who knows. it always irk me that some guru said specific things are expensive to make and budget is not enough, with facts that Sims 4 solds pretty well, EA should've give bigger budget for the sims team.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Island Living is one of the best expansions ever made and is going to be worth it no matter what. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really mind. If they added it then Island Living would be even more buggy. Also, they probably wouldn't have postponed Legacy Edition if they added this, meaning a lot of people wouldn't be able to enjoy Island Living.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't really mind. If they added it then Island Living would be even more buggy.

I agree. I’m not convinced they’d be able to execute it properly.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

The issues with lag in Isla Paradiso were with some pretty bad routing errors in the world -- including doors that didn't work, some landscape they would get caught in, and even a shower that was placed backwards. There are repairs to the world, but IP vanilla lags hard. In custom worlds with dive lots, lag truly isn't an issue which makes me think the lag wasn't caused by the dive lots.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

The issues with lag in Isla Paradiso were with some pretty bad routing errors in the world -- including doors that didn't work, some landscape they would get caught in, and even a shower that was placed backwards. There are repairs to the world, but IP vanilla lags hard. In custom worlds with dive lots, lag truly isn't an issue which makes me think the lag wasn't caused by the dive lots.

Oh yeah, I totally understand. It was such a beautiful pack but very difficult to run. So what I guess I meant is I don’t mind it being a rabbit hole because I won’t miss it since I never really played it much in the sims 3 due to my game constantly lagging when I played that world.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    It's not a deal breaker for me but it would've been cool to have.

Maybe just wishful thinking but if they could add an active dive lot later on, (which I doubt) I would settle with something like the hidden lots(sylvian glade/forgotten grotto). You could be diving and come across a trench (then going through chance cards) that leads to an underwater cave.
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    It's not a deal breaker for me but it would've been cool to have.

Maybe just wishful thinking but if they could add an active dive lot later on, (which I doubt) I would settle with something like the hidden lots(sylvian glade/forgotten grotto). You could be diving and come across a trench (then going through chance cards) that leads to an underwater cave.

There is a cave to explore but it is a rabbit hole.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    So_Money wrote: »
    This is so unsurprising that it’s impossible to be disappointed.

Agree lol. Im buying this pack because the world looks very pretty . And the furniture and new buy items are attractive. The actual gameplay is a little underwhelming.

I also already own all the sims 4 packs, it would be awkward to stop now :) I don't like seeing greyed out icons.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a game pack based purely on ocean activities and underwater exploring. Soft ball, volley ball, Marco polo, swim tag, a few hidden underwater locations.

I played Isla Paradiso and while I have played the underwater scuba diving interaction. The underwater areas were also stuffed with plants that made it difficult to navigate underwater. Plus, there really wasn’t much to see.

But If there was a pack like that to be released, I’d recommend less plant clutter that covers the screen while underwater with a few improvements on activities underwater as well.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?

There are lots of rabbit holes in this game. School, work, concerts and other events. One more shouldn't be a surprise. :)

Yeah work and school are rabbit holes but i don't think any new careers added to eps are rabbit holes. They're usually semi active.

And I don't think we have concerts in the game or unless I missed that

Most of the part time jobs are rabbit hole jobs.

Yeah you're right. They never added part time jobs to eps so I was expecting it to be semi-active. Though someone said that for lifeguard you unlock new beach interactions so I'm fine with it being a rabbit hole in that case.

Not sure about diving though. I hope we can at least do something special with it even if we can't go underwater with them.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I was too but it was not your system, it was more of an developmental issue than what your system had. I cannot overlook that one issue as it was EA/Maxis that was driving the program.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    That is why I learned to look beyond the hype and not buy the program out right with limitations and if I like the program even with it's limitations I will never pay the asking price and get it cheaper which I will.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2019
    logion wrote: »

I do not understand why you can't have both for the sims4, features like underwater scuba diving and the game not lagging. Other games can do it.

I agree and it has more to do with expertise and tweaking the develoer does and when I hear how the game will be more buggy it certainly does not put the developer in an good light as it for me tells me the developer does not know how to use modern machines or technology to achieve an program with excellent features and not just content that is more candy for the eyes and it takes more that to wow me.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on