The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Sims 4 have an opening video intro?

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
I was watching videos of older sims games where you start the game up and they play an intro video which makes the game exciting and out of all the games in the series, The Sims 4 doesn't have one... do you think they should have one?

Should Sims 4 have an opening video intro? 131 votes

Yes!
33%
auroraael14Frn0731GoldmoldarKita5399IcewolfAngel_mixBloosmooMizz_TriceyScarbo27ceyricDillynJamesSimplyTorirambahadoerTrashmagictnb494BigCatlover26Internal_ChaosfroggiiqqBearpal64FlyingPotato659 44 votes
NO!
66%
Akl500PicmnfrshBluefairy286JasestoryySimpatsyannWritin_RegmcruddelanorbretonfriendlysimmersSimpkinJestTrudrake_mccartyluthienrisingstilljustme2sekojranaldmarkoKirbySkywalkerLizzychicagoKim5496 87 votes

Comments

• whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Yes!
    I honestly don't mind that there isn't one, but now that you mention it, I kind of miss the Sims 3 opening. It was cute and nostalgic and I think that a short opening before the title screen wouldn't hurt a bit.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    That’s why it’s feels weird when I stare the blank screen. But idk, maybe not, I always skipped it
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes!
    Even with the floating plumbobs in sims 3 was awesome, give me the feeling "ok lets play this"
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    NO!
    Honestly, I don't particularly care either way. The Sims 1 didn't have an opening video, and I always skipped the videos of past games; after the first time I'd skip TS4's video too.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    NO!
    I'd skip it every time. Or download a mod that makes it not play it.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    NO!
    An animated intro would be nice, of course, but it would slow down the loading process.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    NO!
    I like those in games that have a goal or story or overarching theme, but even then I skip them most of the time after I've seen them a few times. I'm fine without for this game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2019
    If there is an option to turn it on and off, sure.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't care tbh.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    NO!
    Overall I don't think it's necessary -- unless it's entertaining and narrated by Sir Patrick Stewart:

https://youtu.be/n1o9wuGA24M

B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    NO!
    It'd be cool to see the first time, but I'd just skip it every time after that. Right now, loading up the game is quick and requires minimal interaction.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    NO!
    I’d like minimal pictures for the loading screens, but otherwise a video intro is not my cup of British etiquette.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'd mod it out after watching it once or twice. I assume most people skipped those intros too after seeing them.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    NO!
    No. It might seem cool at first, but it gets annoying after a while and just tend to skip it. Maybe have them change the background a bit with loading screens.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    NO!
    No, no and no. I mean sure it will be cool the first time but eventually your all going to start pushing the escape button to skip it and be looking for options to turn it off.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    NO!
    Overall I don't think it's necessary -- unless it's entertaining and narrated by Sir Patrick Stewart:

https://youtu.be/n1o9wuGA24M

B)

Gosh I miss The Sims Medieval.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,573 Member
    NO!
    No, I always tend to skip those.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    NO!
    Any game with into movies instantly getting modded to remove them. Even worse when it cannot be skipped. Even that two-second Maxis screen is gone in my game.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    NO!
    I watched them like maybe twice and then always got annoyed that I had to skip them every time I booted up the game.
    As mentioned above, the Sims Medieval one is an exception to that rule, but since the Pirates and Nobles EP has a gameplay video that overrides the original intro, I've always skipped it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    NO!
    This would be interesting for 2 or 3 times and then it would just get boring. Besides loading the game takes long enough already, no need to make it take longer.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes!
    Thanks to Mods, Sims 4 has been a wonderful experience for me. Before those mods, Sims 4 was a never ending list of disappointments. After seeing top notch intros for Sims 1, 2 and 3 my first disappointment for Sims 4 was seeing it go straight to the startup screen....Then I found out there were no pools, ghosts or toddlers and I was even more disappointed.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited June 2019
    NO!
    I watched them like maybe twice and then always got annoyed that I had to skip them every time I booted up the game.
    As mentioned above, the Sims Medieval one is an exception to that rule, but since the Pirates and Nobles EP has a gameplay video that overrides the original intro, I've always skipped it.

I completely agree. I also liked that particular intro. One of few game intro's I never skipped. It still bothers me how they replaced it with P&N
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    NO!
    I would watch it maybe once, then tune it out or mod it out. It would be a waste of time & resources better spent on the game itself.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    NO!
    It didn't even occur to me that there's no intro video this time around until I saw this thread.

That said, it would probably get tiring quickly if there was one.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    Yes!
    good reminder but also after clicking that yes I remembered that is the exact point my game usually lagged for the first time so maybe its okay it is not there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free