Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack can you absolutely NOT live without?

Comments

• Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    City Living
    Okay, I’m actually surprised that Get Together has more votes than Cats & Dogs and City Living. Wow.

I know right! The only part of Get Together I really like is Windenburg.
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    Seasons
    i agree with what alot of people already said that the basegame should have atleast come with weather and then seasons should ahve just added well...seasons.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Get To Work
    I know the majority voted Seasons and I wholly agree, but GTW added quite a lot to gameplay back then. Time travel, your own personal ROCKET, following your sim to work, etc. I still think Sixam is one of the most beautiful worlds we have, despite its limited replay value.
    Get To Work has time travel???? I didn’t know that.

My apologies. I was thinking of something totally different, GTW does not have it. I'll edit that post when I get the chance. :/
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Seasons
    Most eps actually are forgettable for me, but parenthood and vampire are must.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seasons
    Expansion; Seasons (and Cats and Dogs)
    Gamepack: toss-up between Vampires, Parenthood or Wellness
    Stuffpack: Toddlers
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Seasons
    Expansion-wise: Seasons, Get Together, and now, Island Living

Gamepacks: Vampires and Parenthood

Stuffpacks: Toddler and Kids
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together.

Windenburg is my life.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    How about All The Above? :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Seasons

EPs: Get Together, Seasons, City Living
    GPs: Parenthood, Dine Out
    SPs: Kids Room, Backyard

Too soon to add Island Living until I have a chance to play it

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ang803ang803 Posts: 20 Member
    City Living
    I love City Living, the apartments and festivals are y favorite!!!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Seasons
    ang803 wrote: »
    I love City Living, the apartments and festivals are y favorite!!!

CL is still in my top 3 as well, together with Get Famous, which is awesome as well. <3
    ETA: although Cats & Dogs will have to share the spot with CL simply because Brindleton Bay is by far my favorite world (as well as, for some reason, Strangerville :D)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Seasons
    I think Island Living is going to be one of my favorites next to Seasons. Everything I been wanting-Oceans, mermaids, tanning, new beach wedding arch, etc....soon I can set up the perfect world and wedding I have been waiting for. Now just need magic and my sims themselves at least will be completed to how I wanted them and everything else will just add on to their world/lives.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Seasons

EPs: Get Together, Seasons, City Living
    GPs: Parenthood, Dine Out
    SPs: Kids Room, Backyard

Too soon to add Island Living until I have a chance to play it

I forgot about Dine Out! I loved taking my Sims couples out to have dinner. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    City Living
    I am one of the odd ones. For me, Seasons is only fun occasionally. Most of the time it's just getting in the way and is annoying. Going somewhere and it's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bizzard. Or trying to take a swim and it's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thunderstorm. Or too warm. Or too cold. Or 1000000000000 simolions extra because you have a thermostat.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together - the club system has really changed gameplay for the better.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    Seasons

Jean wrote: »
    Expansion; Seasons (and Cats and Dogs)
    Gamepack: toss-up between Vampires, Parenthood or Wellness
    Stuffpack: Toddlers

Why Toddlers? It didn’t really add much stuff.

image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    MizzSammii3MizzSammii3 Posts: 26 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    > @jooxis said:
    > KirbySkywalker wrote: »
    >
    > All of them except seasons.
    >
    > I know seasons is the most popular but overall it just adds inconvenience. Holidays are great in theory but after a few I just feel like they present a checklist of things I feel forced to do.
    >
    > The weather is nice and pretty to look at but ultimately it’s just an inconvenience. It forces you to stay indoors on certain days and it can even kill your sim and npc sims. I feel forced to stay at home on extreme weather days so random npc sims don’t die.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah the thing I don't like about seasons is that the weather is usually "bad" regardless of season. Windy/cloudy/rainy/heatwave bad day for screenshots. Ok, I guess that's realistic but still :D there's just so few sunny, normal days. I also hate the automatic bunting that gets attached to all my lots, is there a way to disable this?

I'm glad someone else feels the same way! I thought I was the odd one out with how popular seasons seems to be... but that one was my least favorite pack in both Sims 4 and Sims 3. The holidays were always a bother, and while the weather was cool, the added extra outfits needed to go out in extreme weather was kinda annoying for me, too, lol.

I could've voted Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, and even Get Famous (I haven't really explored this one to the full extent yet, but I do like it!)

I could've stayed living without Seasons and Get Together :>
  • Options
    City Living
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way! I thought I was the odd one out with how popular seasons seems to be... but that one was my least favorite pack in both Sims 4 and Sims 3. The holidays were always a bother, and while the weather was cool, the added extra outfits needed to go out in extreme weather was kinda annoying for me, too, lol.

I could've voted Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, and even Get Famous (I haven't really explored this one to the full extent yet, but I do like it!)

I could've stayed living without Seasons and Get Together :>

of the expansion packs Seasons is definitely my least favorite. if you add in Game packs as well then it's by far Outdoor retreat, a pack I regretted buying within 24 hours. It is just so SO pointless and boring. It just seems 0 thought went into it.

The very best packs?
    City Living
    Island Living (I am guessing, judging from a gameplay marathon half the night. It looks amazing)
    Jungle Adventure (GP)
    Vampires (GP)
    Spa Day (GP)
    Get Together (clubs are essential to me, to bring life to public lots)
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2019
    City Living
    I honestly use the city living apartments for most of my Sims. I love a small living space and the city environment.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Seasons
    My favourite expansions are Seasons and Get Together. I voted for Seasons because I just wouldn't want to play without seasons in the game. Seasons isn't perfect to me because the game generated holidays sometimes get annoying and I find blizzardrs and thunder storms too frequent (trying next to play without them). I think Get Together is maybe better as a expansion but the sense of time passing just means a lot to me when writing stories and wouldn't give it up.
  • Options
    City Living
    JediMuppet wrote: »
    I honestly use the city living apartments for most of my Sims. I love a small living space and the city environment.

Plus it's almost cheat mode because it's so much cheaper in the long run than a house.
  • Options
    DerkaDerka Posts: 6 New Member
    Get Together
    > @AlwaysAsking said:
    > @Derka
    > I was really torn between City Living, Get to Work, and Get Together before I read your post. After reading it I’m able to see your points clearly. My biggest problem is that I’ve had Get Together for the shortest time, and I’m not taking advantage of the club systems enough. But .... the ones I have made are really great.
    >
    > I haven’t even bought Seasons or Get Famous for the exact reasons that you mentioned. Anyway, thanks very much for your detailed answer. It helped me a great deal 😊

I'm glad my blathering was useful for someone! 😊

Yeah, it seems a lot of expansions have those one or two "oddball" features that make us just scratch our heads. For me, the random alien abductions are the worst part of Get to Work. The same Sim has been abducted 3 times now in the span of maybe 2 1/2 Sim weeks. He never does anything related to the aliens; he isn't in the scientist career, has never looked through a telescope, and I don't even let him make jokes about martians (just as an extra precaution.) I read that there's a secret "abduction meter" that fills as your Sim does more things related to the aliens, and filling the meter increases the chances of being abducted, which is why I specifically stay away from all those things. His meter should remain completely empty. Still, he's the only one the aliens seem interested in probing. It's really quite irritating... Thankfully, no unwelcome pregnancies. I hope it stays that way.

On a more positive note, as per the 6/18/2019 free update:
    "We’ve toned down the amount of excitement that occurs when a celebrity makes an appearance outside of Del Sol Valley. They should be showing up outside of Del Sol Valley less often as well, so that should cut down on the ruckus."

I am very happy about this change. I'm hoping it will make a real difference when out and about. The constant interruptions on literally every lot during every event were so annoying. This change might improve my overall opinion of Get Famous.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Get Together
    @Derka
    Derka wrote: »
    I'm glad my blathering was useful for someone! 😊

Yeah, it seems a lot of expansions have those one or two "oddball" features that make us just scratch our heads. For me, the random alien abductions are the worst part of Get to Work. The same Sim has been abducted 3 times now in the span of maybe 2 1/2 Sim weeks. He never does anything related to the aliens; he isn't in the scientist career, has never looked through a telescope, and I don't even let him make jokes about martians (just as an extra precaution.) I read that there's a secret "abduction meter" that fills as your Sim does more things related to the aliens, and filling the meter increases the chances of being abducted, which is why I specifically stay away from all those things. His meter should remain completely empty. Still, he's the only one the aliens seem interested in probing. It's really quite irritating... Thankfully, no unwelcome pregnancies. I hope it stays that way.

On a more positive note, as per the 6/18/2019 free update:
    "We’ve toned down the amount of excitement that occurs when a celebrity makes an appearance outside of Del Sol Valley. They should be showing up outside of Del Sol Valley less often as well, so that should cut down on the ruckus."

I am very happy about this change. I'm hoping it will make a real difference when out and about. The constant interruptions on literally every lot during every event were so annoying. This change might improve my overall opinion of Get Famous.

Oh wow! I have some folks on another thread that will be Thrilled to hear that about Get Famous. One of them has taken it out and put it back in twice because that was so annoying to her, lol.

I still haven’t bought either of them. And I just keep hearing more and more things about Seasons that make me say - No way. One person said her electricity bill went to $85,000 a month!!!!

Anyway, if you aren’t above cheating a bit you can unlock the hidden build items and put a satellite in his yard that he can set to “prevent abductions” every day. My families (3) that got abducted constantly had someone at top level scientist, always running off to Sixam, etc. in two cases, and in the other case the husband was an alien and they grabbed his wife all the time. It was likely for them.

The benefit of being a scientist was that they could build a satellite at the lab and bring it home for their yard, so I didn’t need to unlock the hidden objects.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Seasons
    I mean... in my opinion it should've come with the basegame. At least weather change. Without seasons it doesn't feel like it's real. I mean, I know it's a game but when it's summer ALL THE TIME it's so plastic and obvious that it's a simulation and I can't immerse myself at all.

I’m so GLAD I’m not the only one who thinks that. If we get a Sims 5 then the base game NEEDS to come with weather, because I’m not about the sun day in and out. Even sunny places get rain or clouds sometimes.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Cats and dogs! I feel like my game would be so plain without them. Every family I’ve had since I’ve got it has had so many pets
    ZjzmtTb.jpg