Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The truth about Island Living

SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
So... remember that random free update we got that included Carribian themed items, hair, clothes, a sliding door and ceiling fan? Lol. Guess where it came from? Island Living. So it’s clear to me that the Island Living expansion was originally supposed to be a Caribbean world with lots of Jamaican food and clothes, items, etc. Think about it. City Living had a ton of Asian influences, Jungle Adventure showed love to Hispanics. But at some point, they tossed that idea and decided to make it a general Island theme (Edit: I stand corrected A Polynesian world). Hmmmm... wonder why? But they had a lot of the clothes and stuff already done so they decided to spin it and toss it in the base game. I see you Maxis. Smh. The world looks amazing, though. I’m definitely getting this pack but a little disappointed they didn’t go with a full Caribbean expansion. *shrug*
Post edited by SomeChick1 on

Comments

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    You never know, the team could release a Jamaican themed SP.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    They need to add reggae music
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    You never know, the team could release a Jamaican themed SP.
    / Nah, it took them years just to give us some decent hair, skin and makeup. Remember those awful afro puffs? Cringe.

12JEREMIA wrote: »
    They need to add reggae music

Why not just download some reggae music and put it in your game? It’s not even difficult. I’ve disabled all music and only play my own.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think it's great that the island has such a Polynesian feel to it. I love the folklore and elementals and "history" of the world.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm trying not to look too much into it, but from what I've seen the theme doesn't strike me as "general island," it strikes me as Polynesian like mentioned above.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    @fullspiral to each his own but I wish they had stuck w Caribbean - giving us a full pack/world instead of a few hairs and clothes.
    Cupid wrote: »
    I'm trying not to look too much into it, but from what I've seen the theme doesn't strike me as "general island," it strikes me as Polynesian like mentioned above.

Okay, I’ll go for that. Still, annoying the Carribian world was scrapped.

• isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I remember very early into the TS4 being released, a screenshot was leaked of a UI concept to show off possible expansion packs. The theme they used for the concept mock up was a Polynesian vacation/adventure... so I think some developers had the idea to set a pack there for some time.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I clicked on this because I thought the pack had like, some dark origin or something :joy: And this does feel like Polynesian to me, not general island. After all, Iceland is an island and this certainly doesn't feel like this.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@orkhid22 Those random Carribean themed items? Come on, when did they ever done something like that? It’s obvious that stuff was supposed to be a part of a Carribian pack that was scrapped for this. There will never be a pack/world for us. I’m just happy they finally figured out hair and skin. Was it really that difficult?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    They might also have asked the concept artists to draw general tropical themed stuff before settling on the Polynesian theme, and they liked the Caribbean designs enough to make them anyway.
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    @orkhid22 Those random Carribean themed items? Come on, when did they ever done something like that? It’s obvious that stuff was supposed to be a part of a Carribian pack that was scrapped for this. There will never be a pack/world for us. I’m just happy they finally figured out hair and skin. Was it really that difficult?

It's not obvious, it's speculation on your part. Also, it's Caribbean.
    When in doubt, correct their spelling\grammer. Feel better about yourself? It’s really obvious but if you can’t connect the dots, that’s on you.

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The Caribbean stuff wasn’t out super long ago maybe a year or so when it was patched in right (less than that I had my new computer by then which was in July)? So how is it possible they did this whole beautiful pack in less than a year and scrapped an idea? It’s likely they just released the Caribbean stuff for fun not because of them scrapping original island living content. It takes at least a year I’d imagine to make a pack and probably longer to be honest. So no it’s not obvious or likely. It’s pure speculation.
    People are so gullible
  • prisinkaprisinka Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="SomeChick1;c-17104983"]Those random Carribean themed items? [/quote]
    It wasnt random. It was in celebration of Carnival, a holiday celebrated throughout the Caribbean.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited June 2019

It's not obvious, it's speculation on your part. Also, it's Caribbean.
    When in doubt, correct their spelling\grammer. Feel better about yourself? It’s really obvious but if you can’t connect the dots, that’s on you.

*edited to remove petty remark by me

Again, though, I don't think it's obvious. I think they're two separate things and I don't see any evidence to support the idea that they released a couple of items from a scrapped pack.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

They give us random stuff all the time, doesn’t mean a Pack was scrapped 🤦‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2019
    What if... instead focusing on one's grammar, or on one's way of saying stuff, we're just focusing on the actual content in this topic, which is the OP saying something in the lines of the Carribean update stemming from (or the other way around) Island Living, according to it's influences, etc. and just focus on that discussion instead? Life's already tricky enough as is.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    Truth? More like speculation. If it was planned to be like the Caribbeans, they have no reason to change. I think it has always meant to be a Polynesian Island but they gave content from other cultures. Just like we got items for Day of the Dead and heavily Mexican inspired decor and clothing in one patch yet El Salvadorado is more South American inspired. Seems like they try to add a bit of everything for everyone when they can.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The "truth" in your title is really misleading.. Unless the developers state otherwise, this is just your own speculation.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I’m sorry you’re upset they went with the Polynesian theme. I hope you get all the worlds and items youre wanting in your game by time the series is done. The title of this thread is misleading as I thought there was something more serious to speculate about. You got my hopes up about something juicy :s
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You don't know 100% that there ever was supposed to be a Caribbean pack. Maybe those few objects were all the Caribbean stuff they were ever going to give us.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top