Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TYPES OF CC-USERS: Are you an alpha or a maxis match?

Comments

• Nana_NanaNana_Nana Posts: 11 New Member
    Definitely use Maxis Match, save for some tattoos and accessories where you cant really tell the difference. I use to be strictly alpha but the realistic sims look, in my opinion, really uneasy against the plastic-looking backgrounds and settings. It also became too difficult to download so much cc furniture to match my sims, and I really hated having to see alpha cas clothing and hairs mixed in with the maxis match ones you literally can't delete.
  • miyaxxmiyaxx Posts: 8 New Member
    Mostly alpha, although I find some maxis match clothing that fit with my sims anyway!
  • DepressedWaffle23DepressedWaffle23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I prefer Alpha, and your sims look amazing! I wish I had an alpha sim like that.
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    edited April 2019
    yeah alpha.. love the realism, but vanilla is cool too, have this cartoonish style vibe

made this hawaian girl yesterday using a hallowsims hair:

[img][/img]46918591194_34bc94344e_o.png04-18-19_4-20-14 PM by Gustavo Lacerda Homem Assumpcao, no Flickr

[img][/img]46918592994_8b2f9c95a6_o.png04-18-19_4-20-07 PM by Gustavo Lacerda Homem Assumpcao, no Flickr
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    notice how the alpha (transparent textures) look nice with the flower collar, it gives like a 'real life' style
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    I personally prefer maxis match (I like to match the style of the game since I actually really like the style.) But I think it's amazing that there are multiple styles of CC so that every player can change the game how they want to. I personally also prefer family gameplay and don't play with occults at all but I've seen some amazing and jaw-dropping sims made by other people using CC which also totally transforms the game. The customization is really amazing actually.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    Maxis Match all the way! I love how true to the game it feels ♥
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    Maybe not all the way Maxis Match, but definitely most of it is.
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Kweenie27Kweenie27 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think alpha is unnatural to the sims 4. Maxis match always looks so much more normal for me!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I like a mix of both and go for different vibes in different saves. That way if I see a piece of either that I just have to have - I always have a place for it in my saves. i have saves where both are randomly mixed and the save has a look and feel all of its own but all my saves feel like sims 4 to me be they vanilla, Maxis match, alpha or mixed.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Alpha!!
    People mainly say they prefer Maxis Match but Alpha CC seems to be more prevalent on the websites, it's weird haha
  • IcyDragonessIcyDragoness Posts: 27 New Member
    I really love the realism of Alpha but I also like the more cartoony style of Maxis Match as well so its kinda hard to choose one or the other, haha
    But if i have to, I'd go for Maxis match. Idk the feel of it seems... nicer in a way
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I prefer Maxis Match myself. Alpha tends to stand out way too much and often it doesn't look really good in game.
  • HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    I use both alpha and MM cc, but I prefer alpha cc because of the realistic looks
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    I used to be an alpha cc person (technically I still am) but after I did a cc cleanup I've really been getting into maxis match. My friend hates mm, so unfortunate for her as I love to show her my sims, but finding high quality alpha cc is harder than finding high quality mm in my experience. My game is still mixed with both though, about 50/50.
  • Out16Out16 Posts: 51 Member
    I prefer maxis match, but I do use a few clothing pieces that are alpha. I just like my CC to sort of match what EA has already meshed for the game. If it was sims 3 then its mostly alpha.
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    I try and make my sims as realistic as I can, so I always use alpha cc.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Your Sim looks absolutely gorgeous and I don't mind Alpha at all when it's done right. But I tend to stick to MM myself for the most part, at least in regards to eyes, hairstyles, etc. Clothing I'm more open to whatever. If I find it cute, I download it and if it looks good I keep it. Haha.

I've tried a few Alpha hairs and eyes on my Sims before, but it just looked way too creepy for me. And I tend to think MM and Alpha mash-ups look SUPER creepy. It has to be one or the other.

I also don't like that Alpha tends to clash with the game graphics.
  • Scott1710Scott1710 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm strictly Maxis Match. I need a cohesive world and find that if anything feels too out-of-place for me it will bug me every time I look at it until I change it.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I usually use Maxis match because when I use alpha my sims stand out against the weird townies and just don’t fit in. I do use some alpha and some maxis match on every sim however. It’s a great combination- like realistic skin, eyelashes, sometimes clothes and makeup, and maxis match hair. Idk. Just my opinion.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maxis Match, which is annoying because there is no Maxis Match... anywhere.

Alpha honestly doesn't look anything like the game and thus, looks too out of place. I really, really don't like the way it looks.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Maxis Match, which is annoying because there is no Maxis Match... anywhere.

Alpha honestly doesn't look anything like the game and thus, looks too out of place. I really, really don't like the way it looks.

Nit sure what you mean by there is no Maxis Match anywhere. This thread includes several links for MM. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961461/in-need-of-more-cc#latest
  • RoRubyRoRoRubyRo Posts: 1 New Member
    HI Guys, sorry really new to the forms so not sure how to create my own discussion. I'm having a problem with the yellow spaghetti string issue with CC hair. I've managed to fix it on my sims head in game and CAS however in the (not sure what to call it) bottom left hand of the screen my sim still appears with the yellow spaghetti hair on her icon.

Am not on laptop mode and running on ultra graphics.

Any advice? or where I should go to ask for advice?

Thanks!
  • StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    I'm a Maxis Match person. I just like cartoony things, I guess.
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 168 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    I'm a maxis mix user aka using both alpha and maxis match. Besides Sims can really look good if you use both typ of cc.

34708132qy.png

35393934od.png

Hey there :) I know this post is kinda old, but I just HAVE to know, where to find these awesome hairstyles, especially that first one!!! <3 I would be very greatful, if you or someone else could help me out. Thank you in advance. :)