Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pose Player

I’m going to start using pose player in my game and I just have a few questions..

where does everybody find their poses/pose packs and where is the best place to browse for them?

Can we make NPCS pose and if so how?

can you get NPCS to take photos?(obv using in game camera from buy mode)

any other tips necessary please?:) I only want to use it for story telling purposes so I can display photos around the house etc.

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I have a few answers for you.

1. Tumblr is a good place to start, for example here or here.
    2. Yes you can, you need to teleport or summon them with the "Teleport Any Sim" statue - it's a mod that is needed for pretty much all poses anyway - if you don't already have it, it's linked in the first page mentioned under 1.
    3. Not unless you add them to your household. You need to have an active Sim take a picture if you want to keep that picture. You could make a separate household called "photographer" and add them to your household whenever you need pictures, then transfer them back to their own household once you're done.

As for other tips, pay attention to the lighting. It might be a good idea to add one or more subtle saucer lights above the spot where you want to take the photo. Also, don't add too many pose packs to your game at once, it'll be hard to find the ones you want (and it takes a lot of scrolling). If you do share posed pictures (e.g. on a blog), it might be useful to keep track of where you got them from, in case anyone asks where they can find the post in question. Other than that, just have fun (and don't spend too much time looking for poses ;) - it can take up quite some time).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    just so you know w/ the new update and the new EP its going to break a lot of mods including I think poseplay once we get the patch watch for @luthienrising 's "breaking mods" post in the Mods section of the forum
    6adMCGP.gif
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    @MDianaSanders thank you so much for the in-depth reply!

another quick question about the NPCS being able to pose if this makes sense. As far as I remember from sims 3, when you want a sim to stop posing you cancel the interaction for them to stop. How would you cancel the pose interaction for a NPC sim to stop posing once you’ve finished taking the photo?

I just want the poses for story telling and family photos etc. I haven’t used it since sims 3 but I hopefully won’t get too carried away looking haha
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    You're welcome.
    To answer your new question: to have an NPC stop posing, you just click the Sim in question and select "Stop Posing". It's all built into pose player.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    @MDianaSanders thank you again!

does anybody know if when I need an NPC to take a photo for me if I’m able to just ‘Add to Active Family’ via shift + click and then remove from active family the same way when I’m done with them?

or do I need to actually add them to the family via manage worlds?

Sorry for the millions of questions I haven’t actually got s chance to test anything out yet as I’ve had to work a lot.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    You might want to look into MCCC (only the main module, no addons needed) if you are not already using it. It has a great feature for posing:

Normally you would use the teleport any sim statue to summon sims to the spot where you want them. But the statue can only be placed on lots. So what if you want to pose a group of sims in the community space, like by the marina in Brindleton Bay? MCCC has a handy command called "summon sim onto this sim" for exactly these cases. I find it extremely helpful for my stories.
    Thank you for the tip!

If anybody still knows the answer to this please let me know!!

does anybody know if when I need an NPC to take a photo for me if I’m able to just ‘Add to Active Family’ via shift + click and then remove from active family the same way when I’m done with them?

or do I need to actually add them to the family via manage worlds?