Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Given the latest sale...choice made!

2...Next

Comments

• NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    Strangerville
    I went with Strangerville because I like the general aesthetic of Area 51, and the military career path is pretty cool too. Most of my sim stories revolve around the supernatural, so I felt it was a neccssary pack to have. The Bowling Stuff pack is a close second though. As a former professional bowler, it's on my list to buy!
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Bowling Night Stuff
    I don't have Strangerville so I can't comment on it other than it's a pack I'm waiting for to go on sale. I'm not wanting to pay full price for just yet specially with the new EP coming up.

With that said I would go with Bowling Night if you are into family play bcuz it gives them a fun family activity to do. I have my sim family do it often and it is a lot of fun. I also like the retro items though I do wish there was more stuff.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Laundry Day
    leetamme wrote: »
    I don't have Strangerville so I can't comment on it other than it's a pack I'm waiting for to go on sale. I'm not wanting to pay full price for just yet specially with the new EP coming up.

With that said I would go with Bowling Night if you are into family play bcuz it gives them a fun family activity to do. I have my sim family do it often and it is a lot of fun. I also like the retro items though I do wish there was more stuff.

@leetamme It's 40% off right now. Game packs are usually only 25% off during sales. You might wanna consider it now. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2019
    Bowling Night Stuff
    @Anmirla thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

Edit: Wow... I just looked at it. Seriously need to get home and order this. What a good deal.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Laundry Day
    I actually like laundry day stuff best out of the choice. I enjoy having my families do their laundry. It adds a little bit extra realism.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Laundry Day
    I voted Laundry Stuff because you said family oriented and the items in the pack are great. Strangerville is also great though. I love the world that it comes with, it's almost worth it for that alone.
    First Pet Stuff is actually cute if you can get past EA's dubious method of splitting content from the Pets pack.
    Bowling Night Stuff is a solid pack.. if you know you'll actually use the content.

I don't own Fitness Stuff so can't comment on that.
    iscQh5U.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Out of all these definitely Strangerville. It's a lot more fun than people give it credit for. There are different ways to get the endpoint (ok, fine, not TONS of different ways, but still, I'm currently in Strangerville for the second time and I'm playing in a very different way from the first tiem and I'm definitely not bored, so there's that). Also, I'd always take a GP over an SP (and that includes OR which is by far one of my least favorite packs :D)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Strangerville
    I bought Strangerville. I almost bought MFP stuff, but then I looked again at what the pack included and I'm holding off for a 75% off sale.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Bowling Night Stuff
    Either Bowling or Laundry day stuff. Laundry has some great gameplay and objects, but I prefer the CAS of Bowling. The short female curly hair is to die for! I bought the pack JUST for that ONE hair style, but I also love the vintage look of it all.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    I bought Strangerville and Laundry day. And let me tell you i'm having a lot of fun with Strangerville. The story is very interesting to me and the world is really beautiful. I'm nowhere near the end of the story yet. Laundry day I was certain I'm gonna buy, but I was just waiting for a sale. The items are amazing. So if you have the money go for it and grab both. :)
    Post edited by Mo0nLight321 on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Laundry Day
    I picked Laundry because the clothes and B/B are fantastic, but it's a matter of personal taste
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville

I got strangerville as I was waiting for a sale to purchase it anyways cause I hate paying full price regardless. I'm cheap I know. Stuff packs don't interest me all that much but I do have most cause of sales. I would say bowling stuff is 2nd on the list cause I like to have bowling alley bars where my sims hang out. It's a nice vibe.
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    Strangerville
    I went Strangerville because of the new world that is available, and I really like the aesthetic of the desolate, but still colonized desert (kinda like Strangetown from TS2)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Laundry Day
    I was tempted to say Strangerville because it's a fresh way to play + I really like the world, but I ended up saying Laundry because sometimes it's the small everyday details that I love, and I like the washtub & outdoor line options and use the build/buy a *lot*.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thanks everyone! I decided to go with Strangerville, since people made some good points about having a new world to expand into. Laundry day also seems to be a popular pick, so I looked at it, and I'm not a huge fan of the style? Like, the CAS and build fashion and such isn't really my thing, but it seems to have a lot of fans, so I will definitely consider that the next time there's a sale!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly, all the packs on your list are among my favorites except bowling night. I kind of regret buying the bowling night one cuz I don't think there was anything I liked in it LOL nothing I just liked either mind you, but I don't like the looks of any of the cas or build mode items so the only thing it has to me is bowling game which I tried once for about 5 minutes and can't see myself really ever using again because it was kind of meh

The rest of your list are all fantastic packs that I would have happily bought at full price and rank them a top of my list of favorites

Strangerville has the really fun mystery in it and A Beautiful World. Fitness stuff has not only the treadmill but also the earbuds which I use all the time so that my Sims can keep their fun high while doing everything else. My first pet has some of the best build and cas in the entire game, at least if you like kids and Families. It's just really beautiful and laundry day has my favorite shelves and stuff like that for build mode and I find I use it all the time not for the laundry at self but just to make houses look complete.

The bowling animations are really cool.Sims appear to really be engaged with it. The furniture and decor was made specifically for bowling Alleys so and it matches the theme really well. The clothing as well, is for when sims go out for bowling night. I really enjoy it . But the furniture and stuff wasnt really meant for residential lots but to each her own @SimAlexandria

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Honestly, all the packs on your list are among my favorites except bowling night. I kind of regret buying the bowling night one cuz I don't think there was anything I liked in it LOL nothing I just liked either mind you, but I don't like the looks of any of the cas or build mode items so the only thing it has to me is bowling game which I tried once for about 5 minutes and can't see myself really ever using again because it was kind of meh

The rest of your list are all fantastic packs that I would have happily bought at full price and rank them a top of my list of favorites

Strangerville has the really fun mystery in it and A Beautiful World. Fitness stuff has not only the treadmill but also the earbuds which I use all the time so that my Sims can keep their fun high while doing everything else. My first pet has some of the best build and cas in the entire game, at least if you like kids and Families. It's just really beautiful and laundry day has my favorite shelves and stuff like that for build mode and I find I use it all the time not for the laundry at self but just to make houses look complete.

The bowling animations are really cool.Sims appear to really be engaged with it. The furniture and decor was made specifically for bowling Alleys so and it matches the theme really well. The clothing as well, is for when sims go out for bowling night. I really enjoy it . But the furniture and stuff wasnt really meant for residential lots but to each her own @SimAlexandria

Cool. Glad you like it :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Strangerville
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I decided to go with Strangerville, since people made some good points about having a new world to expand into. Laundry day also seems to be a popular pick, so I looked at it, and I'm not a huge fan of the style? Like, the CAS and build fashion and such isn't really my thing, but it seems to have a lot of fans, so I will definitely consider that the next time there's a sale!

That's great you chose :). I love the strangerville pack and hope you do too :)

As for laundry day, if the build stuff isn't your style and you aren't interested in laundry I'd skip it. It's one of my Fav packs but I went through similar with spa day haha. I didn't see anything that I really liked in it but I bought it cuz everyone was saying how amazing the build stuff was and I figured I was missing something haha. After buying it though well I found one or two things I like but just small things that were not worth the price even on sale and I regret spending the money. The majority of packs I love but I realise now you don't need to collect them all, but rather build your game to your liking, picking and choosing what you want and don't want in it and it might not be what others like.

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Strangerville
    How do you like Strangerville? I just got it today due to the sale that is going on and so far I find it interest. While small it is a nice world and I like mysteries, conspiracies, etc...
  • joolsroxjoolsrox Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a choice to make too
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Laundry Day
    I got laundry day and parenthood together on the last big sale and I think they work well together. A lot of the colorful furniture crosses over nicely.
  • ScarletSinsScarletSins Posts: 23 Member
    I already have all the packs so I did a very "evil" thing and gifted a non sims playing friend the base game, seasons, and cats and dogs. three hours later I got a phone call from the newly created sims addict * evil giggle*
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Strangerville
    Strangerville adds a nice world and great CAS items and Bb. I only use Laundry day for some CAS items and some BB items. Doing laundry got annoying real fast for me because in a household of 2+ sims there was piles of clothes everywhere and I couldn’t keep up with doing laundry.