Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Found out, Scuba Diving is a rabbit hole!!!

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    What.. The.. OK I said that if this pack would not take the best feature of TS3 paradise Island, that it would be the deal breaker for me.
    Ooooh the sims 4... It all went wrong from the start and there is no way to hide it.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    More than anything else, that is what i was excited for!!! i loved in The Sims 3 how you could go underwater and explore. I dont even know if something like this could be added later. UUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Could u also share the source? :)
    Could be useful for other simmers as well.
    I have no further words to explain how I feel about this. I should not be surprised actually, but as a loyal simmer I always hold hope for the better. The sims 4 is one giant let down when it comes to included features in new Packs.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I knew there would be a draw back...tsk, TS4 still never fails to disappoint me...If it's a stupid rabbit hole and the game couldn't handle it...WHY did you include it?! Why couldn't you just....not add it to avoid this?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    That's disappointing but not a deal breaker to me.

Sims can still snorkel in the water and we see them dive in it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I predicted this when talking about it to friends. Diving is awesome in 3.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Snorkelling doesn't look like a rabbit hole, though, and there are reefs to snorkel at. I'm assuming that'll work with first-person mode too :) I can live with a deep-see diving rabbithole if I can first-person snorkel at a reef.

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I didn't know they go underwater when snorkeling. I just want them to explore underwater. Deep or not.

Don't understand tho why scuba diving is a rabbit hole because there usually isn't rabbit holes in sims 4 but we'll see. I would expect them to just not include it at all. Like what's the point of becoming a diving instructor if we don't see our sims do anything?

There are lots of rabbit holes in this game. School, work, concerts and other events. One more shouldn't be a surprise. :)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Firstly, being underwater, shouldn't it be an eel hole?

Secondly, I never saw the appeal of scuba diving. After one or two times, it was the same thing over and over again. Players constantly complain about the boring, repetitive actions in the game yet, scuba diving, one of the most repetitive actions in Ilsa Paradiso, is pined for like a long lost friend. Island Living has far too many other fun and exciting things to see and do then to write it off because they didn't repeat a boring action.

Oh, good I always felt like scuba diving itself was pretty repetitive in that pack and didn't bother with it in anymore in that pack compared to the other stuff. Wasn't really expecting a 2.0 version of IP in IL. Seeing other sims snorkel and doing it looks fun.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Ugh, that is a real shame. I honestly expected some kind of hidden underwater lot. Hoping other content will make up for this.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't say that this bothers me. I didn't play Sims 3 long enough to experience it in that game so it's not like it's something that I will miss.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

There are lots of rabbit holes in this game. School, work, concerts and other events. One more shouldn't be a surprise. :)

Yeah work and school are rabbit holes but i don't think any new careers added to eps are rabbit holes. They're usually semi active.

And I don't think we have concerts in the game or unless I missed that
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited June 2019
    It’s probably a rabbit hole that leads to a secret lot, like the ones we have already. That’s what I am looking forward to seeing! Merland! (Or Mersea?)
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Eh, guess that's a little disappointing. I never really used that feature in TS3, so I'm not too bothered. But I can see how that would get to others. :(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    So my sim will just stand on the lot and be invisible (that's what a rabbit hole is) when they will go Scuba diving? That is disappointing.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Disappointing, but still hasn't deterred me from buying.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Sims 4 when will you stop jumping the shark?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member

So I went to the source and found this:

"So, there is no active diving except snorkeling. I didn’t see how it works."

Based on that, I think there will be diving in form of snorkeling , but if you want to scuba diving, complete with the gear, you can only do that through buoy, which is a rabbit hole.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Meh...not too disappointed. In the past, even with my gaming setup, it was difficult for my sims to go snorkeling without the game crashing.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited June 2019
    That's sad and disappointing. Even if this is something that can be considered repetitive and boring after a while, it would still be gameplay. Example: I don't think people who own Outdoor Retreat go camping often but they might every now and then. I don't think people who own Jungle Adventure explore often but they might every now and then. It's still something fun to do whenever you want.

With TS3 IP pack, you can build your own dive lots. It was a little complicated as it had to be fit for whatever spot you built it on w/ deep enough water and could easily glitch your sim out of the water if not placed just right. I still enjoy having my sims scuba dive in that game. I didn't expect that level of detail in this pack... but maybe one spot for it in the new world. Oh well :/

It's nice our sims can still snorkel and as mentioned, first-person view will be cool to use with this.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I don’t really hate that because as much as I love Island Paradise, it would lag horribly whenever I dived or used the house boat, which was all the time.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    That’s disappointing. From what I see so far I feel like Island Living adds little more than a game pack and not enough to be an expansion pack.