Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i have a beautiful druid house i found but dont know how to use it in game, help please

HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
edited June 2019 in General Mods Discussion
I don't know where to put the modded house at. like do i place it in the mod folder and then how do you place it in a lot?
Post edited by Hekete on

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited June 2019
    I assume you didn't get it from the gallery, but a third party website?
    In this case it is probably in a .zip, .rar or .7zip file. Unzip it and put the files in your TRAY folder. It's in My documents->Electronic Arts->Sims 4, right above the screenshots folder. Then load your game and you'll find your new house in your library.

If there are any package files in the zipped file, those go into the mods folder normally.
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    In this case it is probably in a .zip, .rar or .7zip file. Unzip it and put the files in your TRAY folder. It's in My documents->Electronic Arts->Sims 4, right above the screenshots folder. Then load your game and you'll find your new house in your library.

If there are any package files in the zipped file, those go into the mods folder normally.

my god..... almost 50 mod folders for this house Oo can they be put in a folder inside the mod folder will it work? their ALOT!! ><
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Just moved the thread to the mod section since this is mod related :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hekete wrote: »

my god..... almost 50 mod folders for this house Oo can they be put in a folder inside the mod folder will it work? their ALOT!! ><

You will need to put any package files in your mods folder, then the tray + blueprint files go into your tray folder.

So to clarify: any c.c. Files to into mods.
    Any build files into Tray
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

You can do that, but only one folder deep. What that means is you can have as many folders in your mod folder as you like, but no other folders within these folders. So put all the .package files from your download into a folder labeled "modded house" or something else you recognize. Then put that one in your mods folder.
    edited June 2019
    see so all this folders can not be in a folder inside the mod folder?
    https://ibb.co/MpJxLvK
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    see so all this folders can not be in a folder inside the mod folder?
    https://ibb.co/MpJxLvK

That should be fine. CC can go more than one folder deep, script Mod's cannot.
    what about in tray? tray can not have any folders inside that ?
    what about in tray? tray can not have any folders inside that ?

No you cannot have folders inside your tray folder.
    ok once i did that where would i place the new house ^^ or weather how
    ok once i did that where would i place the new house ^^ or weather how

Any files ending with .package are CC and go into the Mods folder, they can be in subfolders. Everything else goes directly into your Tray folder. The house will appear in your Library.
    edited June 2019
    alright. see im new to this why im asking quetions ^^ thank you Mis owo wait : O so i understand it gets put to my library but i never added a building before : o is like adding a room that already finished i mean do i get a prompt of where pre-built houses are located?
    When you open your Library in the Game there is a menu on the right. You can choose to look at the content you made or content made by others. You can also choose the type of content (households, lots, rooms, etc.). There are further filters from there to help you find what you are looking for that become especially helpful as you add more items to your game.
    thank you, i was able to get the house loaded. ^^ =D
    thank you, i was able to get the house loaded. ^^ =D

You're welcome!
  • aprilr41aprilr41 Posts: 19 Member
    > @Hekete said:
    > I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DRUID HOUSE I FOUND

This sounds wonderful, may I ask where you found it?
    edited June 2019

> @Hekete said:
    > I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DRUID HOUSE I FOUND

This sounds wonderful, may I ask where you found it?

look for Tanitas8 house of forest witch

BE WARN!!! it requires almost 100 mod for the house to work!! lucky their included!! Here is what my house looks like.

https://ibb.co/fxN3dYc