Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’m having an argument with myself about getting Island Living

Is anyone else out there having an enteral argument with themselves about getting this expansion? Here in the UK it is going to cost £34.99 and to be totally honest like most expansion so far in the sims 4 your not getting much for you hard earned cash. Good point is it is teaching the new gen of Sims fans about conservation and I am looking forward to living off the grid in a proper Rag to Riches style. Then the price monster comes back into my head nagging me to really think this through.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's $51.99 in Canada.

I will get it, but not right away. I'm far too busy with renovations this year to actually sit down and play at all. I'll wait for a sale on it. Hopefully it goes on sale in the fall and hopefully most of my renovations are done by then and I still have money left to buy it. lol
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    In Switzerland its 49.90CHF, so i will get it as a Birthday gift in fall.
    I will wait, since they dont really play test their game and i dont want to be a beta tester.
    I will wait for mods, that fix the gameplay, i know there will be some stupid desicions in gameplay and i know, i will be looking forward for these kind of mods.
    And in General, i need my Mods to be updated… and by that time, the game is probaly on sale anyway, with a proper bug fix and plenty of mods.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Yeah think I’m going to do the same unless I can get it for a cheaper price on amazon thanks for the comments @PreCiious and @fullspiral you guys have really helped me to make up my mind xx
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    If the content we get from the game changers today isn't enough to make a decision, you could always wait for it to come out and watch reviews and lets plays to see if it has enough content and gameplay for you to justify the cost.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They do say value is in the eye of the beholder. Look up information on the pack and see if the content justifies the £34.99. If you don't feel it does, you can always wait for a sale :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SxcDannii202SxcDannii202 Posts: 24 Member
    Hey! I'm in the UK, I always buy my expansion packs from CD Keys, Island Livind is only £22.99 on there! Hope this helps!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    People buying codes outside Maxis should know that EA does not support all aspects of sales outside of trusted retailers, so there's a bit of risk involved in those savings.
    We want you to have the best experience, but we cannot help out with purchases made through an unauthorized digital retailer.

If you purchase EA digital products from an unauthorized party and the CD key or Product Code is disabled, you will not be able to play your game and we will be unable to assist you.

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/ -- there's a list at this site.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I judge packs pretty much by how much they add to my overall gameplay. I'm happy about the possibilities that this pack will add (ocean conservation, odd jobs/part-time jobs, ocean swimming, merSims, etc.) that I'm not having any sort of argument.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've seen enough to know that I'm buying it on release, BUT only if I haven't won in any of the giveaways I've already entered in! :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png