Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This freaked me out! Dead or not?..

Im playing a household with only 1 sim and 2 pets. I was going on a vacation and my sim died.. so I went to main menu without saving because I didnt want my sim to die. I loaded the save before I went to vacation and just played for a sim day or so when I noticed a gravestone in my household catalogue.. with my sims name on it (but my sim is alive and never died in this save). :|

Im not sure how this happend because I didnt save when he died and I havnt had another sim die with the same name.. im confused and alittle freaked out. If this is a bug its not such a big deal because I can probably just delete the gravestone. :s

Has this happend to you?

Comments

• Options
    VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    That sounds like a cool horror movie!

Like having a nightmare about your death.
    Then you wake up and see that your dream was kinda real.

To answer you,
    I never experienced that problem.
    But, I admit, I disabled auto-age option. (Less risk of dying u know)
    Nothing is more important than empathy.
  • Options
    trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    Vince wrote: »
    That sounds like a cool horror movie!

Like having a nightmare about your death.
    Then you wake up and see that your dream was kinda real.

To answer you,
    I never experienced that problem.
    But, I admit, I disabled auto-age option. (Less risk of dying u know)

haha, yes! Im not sure if I want to place the grave on his lot so he can mourn himself or just keep it in the catalogue.. just in case.
    He died of fire not age.. I havnt disabled auto-age but Im just buying alot of the youth potion so Ill stay young!
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I had an elder die of over-exertion and then brought him back via the wishing well, and the old urn was still there. When I killed him off again I got a new one. And I can't figure out how to delete the old one, so I moved without it in my household inventory and it went away. Anyway, It was weird.
  • Options
    PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    That happened to me once. The sim died and then I exited without saving, but when I returned, there was still a grave in the household inventory with my sim still alive and walking around. I haven't figured out a way to delete it yet, but it's entirely possible to just leave and ignore it in the family inventory.
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    That sounds like some type of creepy Undertale-ish thing where the game always remembers...
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    That's creepy.
    I'll have to test that out to see if it is an issue that many players have.
    The plan is to have a sim die, exit the game without saving, go back, and check the household inventory.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I had that happen a few months ago, my Sim dropped dead on her way to work. My Sim lived alone with her toddler, so i got a Game Over screen. I exited without saving and when i went back to the save, her grave was in the inventory.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think it's a bug, I had one too when my sim accidentaly died of sunlight and quitting the game without saving, and found his gravestone on family inventory. but it was over a year ago..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    Sounds like a scenario of Schrödinger's sim! :O
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I had the same thing one of my sims died from freezing. I exited the game without saving and the grave was in the family inventory. I just took it out of the inventory and got a sim to destroy it which never affected the initial sim that died
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Oh I had better look I had a sim I wasn't playing, but is in my rotations, die while at the gym, I had to exit without saving. I will have to check his inventory next time I play that house. I did go check to make sure he was alive lol.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Maybe the game planned his death a little before the actual happening and the stone could not be undone due to that.
    I am serious btw :D