Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is moschino?

Comments

• SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I like some of the urban styles by Moschino. They could've collaborated with H&M for real.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    These are the majority of the clothing pieces we can expect in the SP.

kiu8hb3nqhr21.jpg

It's just missing the shoes.

I wonder if our sims are also getting the Moschino cap and phone covers.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Honestly the more content we get in any series is fine by me lol :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I didn't realize I've seen Moschino Barbies! Thanks @Sigzy05 :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like some of the urban styles by Moschino. They could've collaborated with H&M for real.

H&M are far more stylish and affordable than Moschino. I have a granddaughter that loves their clothes and she gets miffed at me when I call them ugly clothes for the rich - lol - although I have to admit my granddaughter looks cute in them. Shes in her 3rd year of college - well just finished her 3rd year - but she's also a simmer and says she is stoked she can soon dress her sims like her.

To each their own. But knowing me - I will buy the pack eventually anyway - I sort of want the new career in model photography anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I really hope we have other items because I'm not a fan of the drawing looking stuff, to me that looks so cheap.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

kiu8hb3nqhr21.jpg

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I really hope we have other items because I'm not a fan of the drawing looking stuff, to me that looks so cheap.

kiu8hb3nqhr21.jpg

SimGuruLindsay said we were getting all of the fashions from the capsule collection of the Moschino x Sims line "and more" so....idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    @izecson wrote: »
    That pics of Moschino Clothing above dont scream expensive to me and are similar to the clothing sold on my local flea market for less than 7 usd.

moschino-hp-gq-25oct18_b.jpg

moschino-hm-event-6-imaan-hammam.jpg

This probably screams more expensive. :p Their (Moschino's) colab with H&M.

See, THAT is much better and more cooler and richer-looking than what I see on their websites and some of the googled images. Their other stuff seems to be graphic design prints on regular clothing.

Oh, wait. I wonder the reason the fashion in these particular pics look better is because... they collaborated with H&M, hmmm?

Because H&M has some cute and nice regular clothing. At more reasonable prices compared to Moschino’s, that’s for sure.

I even found stuff in JC Penny’s and Macy’s that are cuter and prettier than some of those high-end graphic designed clothing.

So far, from what I saw of Moschino’s is mostly those ugly graphic stuff. :pensive:

Project Runway, the tv show, tends to have better-looking stuff than this graphic design brand.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Some of my sims are one percenters. Why not flaunt it.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    Well apparently you guys are out of touch with todays youth lol...
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    lol I thought it was a LGBT stuff pack when I first looked up the brand because the pictures that came up was the pride stuff. However, if its more than that I don't mind buying it, I will just ignore the stuff I don't like.

why does the lgbt stuff bother you so much?
    I was very confused by the whole Moshino stuff pack announcement and earlier goods drop a couple months ago until my younger sister whos in highschool "explained why I'm old" and why the rest of you who don't "get it" are also old now. Old being over 22 i guess?

In its current popularity Moshino is an extension of current spotify hip-hop culture for the rich kids to show off in ultra clash obnoxious ways that scream money at you and make you want to be them or dress like them.

Or as my sister put it - "like its jersey shore culture for L.A social media stars"

It didn't start that way - Moschino has some serious history as a designer but thats not why we are getting this stuff pack now.

Todays youth know Moshino because people who they follow on instagram, social media or release new hip hop tracks made by 14 yrs olds that own spotify charts wear it because its obxnious, gets your attention and says I got money fast and easy. Its part of social media youth culture now. If you don't know this then your like old, right? k? Lol...ya...thats how it was put to me.

Basically the majority of americans who have the money to consume Moshino don't know or care about its history, they care about it because they see other teenage hip-hop stars who write horrible horrible music (that sounds like it was recorded in bathroom stalls) or social media stars wear it and think it means success, popularity and money. Its makes you stand out.

Anyway thats according to my teenager sister and her friends. Obviously I'm too old being over 21 so I have no clue, and if you are over 21 then ya...neither do you.

So if you take that in mind and the fact that The Sims 4 is aimed at teenagers/youth demograph and not adults (who mostly play and pay for it it go figure) as EA claims, then it makes sense they would look at fashion that is popular with that demograph.

"If you don't like get Moshino, then your old" as my sister put it.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @TOLKIEN

My teenage daughter had never even heard of that designer. She is a junior in high school, so I guess it may just be a regional thing if teens in the US know about them.
    edited June 2019
    Well, if this ugly thing is what the youth is into, then I’m glad I’m not 20 or under anymore, lol. :smile: (I’m a 90s kid, but in the much younger range and not in the 40+ years old range.)

Thank goodness there are kids with more variety of tastes out there, and who enjoy some of the updated retro style as well.

I’d rather have other brands. Hot Topic and Gothic Lolita stuff is better for my own tastes. (Sims 3 had Gothic Lolita clothing.)

Even when I was young, I HATED Jersey Shore and Kardashians, and other reality junk like that.

I’ll be waiting on info about the fashion career, but I may skip this Stuff pack if it’s the ugly graphics stuff.

Soooo glad the many other Sims 4 packs apparently have better tastes.
    (She/her)
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Not all of their clothing is the flashy stuff you see on the runway. I'm hoping the developers steer clear of that and give us more wearable looks.

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

My god that is awful :#
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    edited June 2019
    Not all of their clothing is the flashy stuff you see on the runway. I'm hoping the developers steer clear of that and give us more wearable looks.

ZKmwlV6.png

FYWhaJM.png

DNI3OI7.png

4yfOWPq.png

UuQ6Z1D.png

Ok, see, that’s better. Take out the teddy bear print on that last one, and it’s overall a decent regular clothing collection. (Not worth hundreds of dollars in real life, though, lol.)

I’ve seen cute and handsome outfits in the older Sims games and in other Sims 4 packs. And in real life department stores and malls, of course.

I LOVED many of the past Stuff packs in all of the Sims games including Sims 4, but I’m iffy about the clothing of this Moschino brand to get this pack.
    (She/her)
    edited June 2019
    @TOLKIEN

My teenage daughter had never even heard of that designer. She is a junior in high school, so I guess it may just be a regional thing if teens in the US know about them.

It might be more of a west coast thing maybe? Then again their are lots of teens who wouldnt touch then new hip hop too, my sister hates it, guess its who you follow though too.

Also from my sisters friend thought it was a brand not a designer too. I'm in Canada btw and I'd never heard of the brand myself and my sister/friends only know of it as the ugly rich kid clothes americans wear. They think its "gross" - although I'm unclear if gross is a good thing now... ? If you see a canadian wearing them then its "like rachet americania" - followed by girlish giggles that cause this man to scratch his head in confusion.

Although I showed my sister this thread and she thought the pictures above with the fur designs (or sorry "cheetah") are like so grandma. Or in her words "who wears cheetah? Grandma owning it!? So 90's." Whatever that means...apparently "zebra print" is in now.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    They know people aren't gonna buy this so they put a career in there to bait us. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited June 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    They know people aren't gonna buy this so they put a career in there to bait us. XD

Right? But its not even a FULL career - so I'm not even sure now. I have to admit I will be checking out the pack JUST for that reason alone but if its like really hollow - like take pictures of fashion and post online or something - then thats a no buy too. Honestly I'm not even sure what this career would look like in a stuff pack...I mean I guess I get fashion pack - fashion ...er photographer (designer would make more sense) but I can't see it having much depth...hence why its part time I guess?

If they added some gameplay element to it besides taking photos that would get my attention - but then what? Post online? Hows that any different then say a fashion blog? Hm....
    You know in reflection, what with the social media careers and popularity aspects added to this game recently - then with this new expansion pack I can see how they are really aiming at younger (aka teenage) crowd. The thing is - and this is the funny part from everything I've read, seen and experienced social media is part of young peoples life - most of them hate it. Where to adults we find it a way to communicate, follow ect - to youth who basically were handed a cellphone early age its like work that needs to be constantly maintained not because you want to but because all your peers are and its just something you DO.

Again my sister thinks there is something wrong with me not having facebook, I have other social media but I got rid of facebook due to a nasty break up nearly 10 years ago and never looked back. But its very clear that EA/Maxis is trying to appeal to teenagers with this game now more then ever.
    edited June 2019

kiu8hb3nqhr21.jpg

I doubt it will include purses/clutches shown.

HOWEVER is this pack DOES introduce purses/clutches into the game and only via this pack - then I could see it selling like crazy possibly. Since such a thing has never existed in the Sims and I could see a lot of simmers wanting it. (yes I know CC does exist for purses).

I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to see the world Moshino changed into simmish too, to fit into the sims better. But I doubt the designers will allow it...never know though.
    edited June 2019
    OOOokkk you know WHAT if they actually produced a stuff pack with the costumes from this Moschino street...horror(?) fashion show I'd totally buy this pack...for my sims to dress up for during halloween lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzlUTqNUpkk

OR maybe from this fashion show below - def. skip to the 3m mark for highlights onward. Totally could see these clothing pieces in Sims 4 lol...they need to add that strut from 3.40-45 mark to the game too. ROFL. WE NEED THAT STRUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_40bdpN1JU

I actually really like the dress at the 10m mark and 11.10m mark too, basically alterations of the same but I like those two dresses. Maybe I'm just old fashion though. I doubt we will get any of this though, just the most tacky stuff possible of course.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Right? But its not even a FULL career - so I'm not even sure now. I have to admit I will be checking out the pack JUST for that reason alone but if its like really hollow - like take pictures of fashion and post online or something - then thats a no buy too. Honestly I'm not even sure what this career would look like in a stuff pack...I mean I guess I get fashion pack - fashion ...er photographer (designer would make more sense) but I can't see it having much depth...hence why its part time I guess?

If they added some gameplay element to it besides taking photos that would get my attention - but then what? Post online? Hows that any different then say a fashion blog? Hm....

Full career meaning like an active one? Yeah, I don't think it will be that but probably more like the social media influencer type.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2019

SimGuruLindsay said we were getting all of the fashions from the capsule collection of the Moschino x Sims line "and more" so....idk.[/quote]

Looking through their website, I wouldn't mind if the 'and more' items were from their runway look as I can see my sims wearing more of them as there more wearable. Not into the pixelated looking clothing. Will take the plumbob earrings and charm bracelet tho.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    $500+ for individual pieces of clothing?!?!

Im open to more clothes/stylized stuff or from certain brands or w/e, but most of the moschino items I've seen just look ugly.

But I'll hold judgement on the pack until we see more. But irl the moschino items are pretty ugly.

$500 is cheap for designer. There are t-shirts, yes, t-shirts, that sell for $2100+.

But, you are right, Moschino is hideous clothing. I would have rathered Italian inspired furniture.