Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids thread

Comments

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I never imagined that mermaids would appear at Sims 4. When a saw the leak I was sure they would not be a new lifestate :( Discovering the opposite was one of the best news I have received in my simmer life <3<3 For now the CAS looks awesome, my vampires, aliens, ghosts, "fake" fairies and I are so happy :# It is awesome to see other players love supernatural stuff!

I loved Sims 3 mermaids but not all the routing issues they had in the open world lol For many reasons I prefer the occults of Sims 4.

I want to know how mermaids work!

Yay <3<3 MERMAIDS! <3<3

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it already but toddlers and kids cannot be mermaids (via giuliettasims on tumblr)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    With the thought of mermaids before I was like eh but now that they are coming and have seen them, I am super excited and plan start my game of with one. I want to give her a beautiful name too.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We're not hearing much about what they do. Or at least, the things they'll be able to do that regular sims can't.

Some mermaid powers listed by a simmer who played the game on Saturday: "Mermaids will have a special power to lure the sim, to make him/her falling in love or even drown the sim. Sim that has drown in the ocean can not resurrect. So you need to be careful."
  • puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2019
    I haven't seen anyone post their mermaids to be yet so here's mine. Meet Nerissa, she is the daughter of a powerful sea goddess named Calypso who was marooned to a deserted island. After she and her mother were put under a sleeping curse by her brother Nereus which lasted for centuries she awoke to discover her mother had vanished, the world around her was completely different, and worst of all... her powers had been stolen from her! Since the day she awoke she has dedicated every waking moment to finding the hiding place of her divine abilities. She's tried dabbling in voodoo and herbalism, braving dangerous tombs to discover ancient Omiscan mystical relics, even battling pirates, monstrous plants, and grand master vampires in hopes they'd somehow lead her back to her powers and her mother. Just recently when exploring the Forgotten Grotto she discovered a treasure map leading to a rather remote island by the name of Sulani. Will this island finally provide Nerissa with the answer to her problem?

Nerissa in San Myshuno before setting up to sell some of the ancient artifacts she authenticated.
    103ycud.png

Nerissa, looking rather malevolent after being supercharged. Here you can catch a glimpse of her home which is located beneath the ruins of the island bluffs.
    2nkrxuu.png

If I was to describe her personality I would say she's flirty, mischievous, and just a little bit evil.

Her traits are...

Jealous, as i'd assume she'd be jealous of her traitorous brother as he did turn out to be rather successful (his descendants eventually became the royal family of the surrounding archipelago.) She also has a tendency to be rather siren-like and feels insecure when she hasn't been in the presence of her over lover for a while so I guess the traits actual function works.

Kleptomaniac, she has a knack for "collecting" items. She has a whole room in her temple filled with treasures she has "found". I figured that if she'd found a certain item that she just had to have she would have no problem taking it.

Music Lover, she has a natural talent for singing and before she lost her powers she used her voice to enchant others. I might change this trait as I found out it doesn't really tie into voice.

I'll post some pictures of her home later if I can get around to it. :)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    We're not hearing much about what they do. Or at least, the things they'll be able to do that regular sims can't.

Some mermaid powers listed by a simmer who played the game on Saturday: "Mermaids will have a special power to lure the sim, to make him/her falling in love or even drown the sim. Sim that has drown in the ocean can not resurrect. So you need to be careful."

These mermaids sound amazing!!!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

Can they not resurrect because an urn or gravestone won't show up? I'm not sure I understand why the SimGurus would make that the absolute one death that can't be reversed.
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    I'm so excited! reading your plans for your mermaid/merman sims makes me all giddy pumped up!
    So I have two stories in mind for my mermaids.
    My first mermaid will definitely be a protector of nature of some sort. I don't know much about the EP so I haven't thought much until we get more info.
    My second will fall in love with a vampire or maybe the vampire will fall in love with her, then they will adopt a human baby (same-sex marriage).
    So many possibilities! and don't even get me started on the magic GP :P
    pFlklGp.png
    I wonder if there's going to be some sort of method to turn Sims into mermaids.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    Mermaid eyes, from the EA Play stream:

942bd3d8a9.png

They have access to human-like eyes and their own unique eye set that remind me of fish, squid and octopus eyes.

tumblr_ohz3hzLKIs1sxqao6o1_1280.png
    I'm going to go against the mermaid stereotype and make one with a dark motif.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Also I havent seen anyone point out random traits are back FINALLY.

A trait randomiser? Only in CAS or can be used when sims age up?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wish mermaids had their own skin tones instead of coping from aliens. But ok.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I wonder if there's going to be some sort of method to turn Sims into mermaids.

@AshtontoAshton22 - Gosh I hope so! I’ve already got three sims in game I want to change!

I’m planning on starting with three mermaids who have come ashore in the summer to seduce the tourists (2 mermaids & 1 merman). I’ve decided in my game mermen can’t father children so mermaids come ashore a few times in their life to seduce male sims & return to the sea with new blood :blush:

The oldest mermaid is going to be more of a siren in her nature and the youngest is going to find herself just a little too distracted by the lives of the people on the land live.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Mermaid eyes, from the EA Play stream:

942bd3d8a9.png

They have access to human-like eyes and their own unique eye set that remind me of fish, squid and octopus eyes.

tumblr_ohz3hzLKIs1sxqao6o1_1280.png

These look awesome.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it already but toddlers and kids cannot be mermaids (via giuliettasims on tumblr)

*sigh* Called it...but I wish I didn't.
  • jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2019
    Does anyone know if we will get to explore underwater again like in Sims 3? I have found nothing about diving spots like in the previous game anywhere which is leading me to believe that we won't get to go underwater with our mermaids. If this is the case then that is a huge bummer. Being limited to only being able to do things above the surface, i imagine, will get boring.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    jbt18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will get to explore underwater again like in Sims 3? I have found nothing about diving spots like in the previous game anywhere which is leading me to believe that we won't get to go underwater with our mermaids. If this is the case then that is a huge bummer. Being limited to only being able to do things above the surface, i imagine, will get boring.

You can snorkel just below the surface and, because the water is crystal clear, you can see them explore the coral reefs. At the bouys floating in the ocean, your sim can scuba dive but they disappear into a rabbit hole and you don't see what happens. Your sim can also float in the water or float on a floaty in the water.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2019
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Cool! :smile:

Edited to Add: The Reddit poster also said that mermaids seemed more advanced than Aliens, but not as advanced as Vampires. In-between.

Which is fair, I didn't expect them to be. There's only so much you can do with mermaids. They already blow sims 3 mermaids out of the water, no pun intended. I do fully expect witches to be just as good as vampires though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I didn't see anyone post it by the way, but whenever the little girl who uploaded the video clicked the water there was an option to "sleep", with a mermaid fin next to it. Usually an occult symbol like that means it's special to that occult.

So mermaids should be able to spend as much time in the water as you want them to, which was my only complaint about sims 3. Mermaids had to leave the water if their energy got too low.

A mermaid should be able to fill 100% of their needs in the water if you want them to.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Can they turn into one when they jump into any pool? afraid that the occult will only exclusive to new world, because of the beach.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'm going to do a moana vibe game for exploring island living and everything it has to offer - adding the twist that because the ocean chose her she can become a mermaid etc -
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/post/185520154346/and-its-time-for-some-new-infos-or-not-so-new/amp?__twitter_impression=true

So:

-Sims can turn to mermaids and vice-versa. Something is implied about some sort of Kelp.

-Children can be mermaids, but powers and traits won’t manifest until teenhood.

-Mermaids have skin-tones, eyes, and sharp teeth options

-Mermaids have two forms, like vampires

-Mermaids can summon thunderstorms with Seasons

-Hygiene is replaced by Hydration. Swimming in ocean, taking a bath/shower, and drinking water refills this needs bar.

-When taking a bath, Mermaids’ tails show up.

-Mermaids’ powers: seducing sims, special kiss, summoning a water threat to attack other sims, singing lullabies

-Traits affect abilities (ie: Evil sim mermaids can’t do certain nicer abilities)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/post/185520154346/and-its-time-for-some-new-infos-or-not-so-new/amp?__twitter_impression=true

So:

-Sims can turn to mermaids and vice-versa. Something is implied about some sort of Kelp.

-Children can be mermaids, but powers and traits won’t manifest until teenhood.

-Mermaids have skin-tones, eyes, and sharp teeth options

-Mermaids have two forms, like vampires

-Mermaids can summon thunderstorms with Seasons

-Hygiene is replaced by Hydration. Swimming in ocean, taking a bath/shower, and drinking water refills this needs bar.

-When taking a bath, Mermaids’ tails show up.

-Mermaids’ powers: seducing sims, special kiss, summoning a water threat to attack other sims, singing lullabies

-Traits affect abilities (ie: Evil sim mermaids can’t do certain nicer abilities)

I wonder if Goofball Mermaids will be able to do the more mischievous powers.

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    They only seem to be able to swim on the surface unfortunately
    Check out my twitter and tumblr