Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruLyndsay confirms The Sims 4 has no planned End-Date.

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    hmmm...but...why couldn't they continue with TS3 and TS2 like this?? Honestly kinda makes me angry...
    But whatever, that's good..I suppose...

I used to think like this but having seen the results of having all EPs, SPs, and store content installed, I think TS3 had reached the limit of how much content the game engine could handle. If it had been upgraded to 64 bit maybe it could have held more (my technologically challenged opinion) but that ship has sailed.

Anyway, congrats to all the S4 players who love their game and are looking forward to years of added fun!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's very good news to me. I love this version of the game and I'm not ready to go back to having just a base game version of the sims again anytime soon. Base game versions always feel like downgrading to me after playing previous versions with all the expansions.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I love this news. This is such a great game to me and I’d love the updates and packs to just keep on coming. What we are getting this year alone has me so excited for the future of sims 4. I’m ready to see what else they come up with.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    After playing TS4 I'm not so sure I'd want TS5. I literally have to mod my game in order to play because vanilla seems empty and isn't interesting. I'm only still playing because of the awesome mod community. The creators are some amazing people who release some great content.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm good with that. More time means more packs, which means I'm all the more likely to see some of my wishlist stuff in-game.

Considering how many different ideas are on "wishlists" of forum people only, of which some seem to have a fanbase (there won't likely be a pack that pleases everyone*), I think it's well possible for them to have content for a few more years just based on those forum ideas.

*it's also something that turns the current model of DLCs into a double-edged blade: it allows selecting features you like but makes it expensive for those who like everything.
    Vince wrote: »
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.

Personally, I think TS5 should be half-way between TS3 and TS4. TS4 split into sub-zones of each world with the outdoor part in them playable has an advantage in performance but loading screen on a lot in the same subzone feels unnecessary. Maybe computing power will match a fully-open world again for TS5, who knows. If not, I'd like to be able to control all sims in a single subzone regardless of the house they are in - so I can have my kids play with neighbor's kids just next to me and my adults at home - and control all of them simultaneously.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m happy about this, I’ve never played with a ‘complete’ game as the next installment always was waiting for me and I at times have no self control ;-).

I do think they’ve started development on Sims 5 or whatever it’s going to be called, but I hope to stick with Sims 4 for a loooong time.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
    And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

Madden 20 f...o....r....e....v...e....r

ETA: Hope this isn't true because forever is dull. We will be able to shrink down and ride around in drones or take tours inside the brain by inserting ourselves into a syringe and here we will be still playing TS4...technology will move on and TS4 will still be right there with Madden 2000

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I mean, I like Sims 4 just fine, but it's still limited by its base and could've been so much better if things had been planned better from the start. TS5, assuming it's done well, would be appreciated

I'll keep playing as long as there's interesting content, but if something better comes along before TS5 comes, I would probably switch over

That's how I feel. I hope for sims5, that they really take their time to do the best job they can. I'd rather wait and have something fantastic than something rushed and not that great.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Good, more time to update babies.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I love this news. This is such a great game to me and I’d love the updates and packs to just keep on coming. What we are getting this year alone has me so excited for the future of sims 4. I’m ready to see what else they come up with.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Good. That means they have more time to build TS5 to the way they want it (hopefully offline with NO multiplayer capability) and won't have to rush out a half-baked one because of backlash like they did with TS4.

Hopefully this means occult players can continue to get what we want too.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

The best thing that I’ve seen about this, which could indicate Sims 5:in development stages, or improvements in Sims 4 was this tweet from Sim guru Grant

There were so many great answers! It would be great if they were implemented!

My answers were:

Thanx 4 asking!

For more realistic Sims I’d like:
    Ability to change height
    To hold hands while walking
    Dance & sit touching each other
    Play tag/clapping games etc
    For Build mode:

Circular staircase to save space
    Stairs that exactly match flooring 4 continuity
    1/2 doors 4 half walls

Then I remembered;:

The Body Shop!!!

I finally remembered the name of it!

That’s what I want

That’s my very very very favorite Sims thing

And it was amazing! Using your own fabric swatches to make clothes!

You could make the best stuff - without getting CC!

CC makes me nervous 😩
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Kells19XXKells19XX Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been playing the sims since the first edition. It’s what got me thru my childhood, teenage years, and now my adulthood. I’ll admit that I skipped the Sims 3. In my personal opinion, I just didn’t care for how the Sims looked. I was an avid Sims 2 player. When Sims 4 first came out with promotional pictures and videos I fell in love with the detail. I pre ordered the game as soon as it was an option. As soon as the game came out I played it for about a week. I felt that it was lacking so much. I went back to the Sims 2 and didn’t touch the Sims 4 for about 3 years. Now for about a year I’ve been a solid Sims 4 player again. This team has really built this game back up. I know some will whole heartedly disagree. But they made me fall in love with this series again. I can’t wait to see how much more this game can evolve within the next couple of years.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    This does bode well for a personality overhaul. However, I think having to do an enormous overhaul of Sim personalities would probably involve extensive reworking of some of the game's core mechanics and I feel like that would also have to involve a period of downtime for the game. This is just from a layman's perspective, as I know absolutely nothing about game development.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Kells19XX

I have kind of played the game in reverse I was working and staying with a friend over an xmas period long ago and discovered something called the sims 2 on her computer and could not get enough of it and after that holiday went back to work full on where there was never any time for games at all then when I had more time on my hands I went looking for the sims in general and found it was now Sims 3 so of course purchased that series and went from there. I think The sims 3 will be always considered my game because I loved the open world, I would stay up for hours waiting for the video reveals and get excited for the next pack (something sorely lacking in 4 in my opinion) I know the game was not perfect and I ended up spending as much time playing as repairing the game and learning about mods that could help but still even today I love it. Then I was introduced back to series 2 when they were giving it away free and totally fell in love with the mechanics of the sims and the complete detail of how it worked despite it being frustrating as I had never played a rotational before lol Then I went backwards again and bought the sims 1 complete collection on disc and installed it on an old laptop and found that series very funny and quirky so occasionally play that as well sometimes and then came series 4 and honestly compared to the depth of other series (despite the problems) I was gobsmacked at the lack of content and scaling down of the game I had come to love in general and have avoided it for years but still bought it on sale in the hope that at some stage we might get something decent (in comparison to the previous iterations) and up to now there is still not enough to do for me compared to other series but I have hope now as if they do not plan to end the series anytime soon I think we may get tons of lovely more content with time and I think that could be this series saving grace for older players who are used to so much more from other series we are so used to loving and playing.. :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ah great news. I'm so in love with this game and my little simmies :) Bring on all the content! I'm ready! :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
    And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

Grant also confirmed it has no end date this morning. He re-posted that also. I am stoked myself as it's getting better and better....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    great news to me <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    hmmm...but...why couldn't they continue with TS3 and TS2 like this?? Honestly kinda makes me angry...

I used to think like this but having seen the results of having all EPs, SPs, and store content installed, I think TS3 had reached the limit of how much content the game engine could handle. If it had been upgraded to 64 bit maybe it could have held more (my technologically challenged opinion) but that ship has sailed.

Anyway, congrats to all the S4 players who love their game and are looking forward to years of added fun!

Well up until the Sims 4 game engine - the past game engines limited what a game could hold. The smart technology game engine does not have those kind of limits set on it and can pretty much handle all they can dish out. Players only problem is having pcs that can handle all the content. It is why one is better off with a desktop for one for upgrading and a gaming desktop at that. I run a gaming 8 core desktop that can handle up to 32 gigs of ram - so the sky is the limit.... I have 16 gigs in it right now and it never even comes close to using half of that so I have a long wy to go before I need to upgrade to the 32 gigs.

It's nice having this kind of game engine too - so the game won't bog down like past ones did when they reached their limits.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    They're in the beginning stages of putting together TS5. There were ads for a position that was clearly related to a new sims project that were posted a while back. Nobody's saying anything about the timeline because nobody wants the inevitable fan frustration when deadlines have to be shifted (businesses learned this long ago), and the project is too early on to make any solid predictions, but work is being done.

Having said that, I'm heartened. First, that they're taking the time to get TS5 right. Second, even if they do wind up using a completely new engine, there are still lots of ideas from TS4 that can inform the franchise going forwards. Even if the engines wind up being incompatible, I'm sure that lots of how the game plays will be recognizable from things that worked well over TS4's lifetime.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Excellent news! ;)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I am disappointed by this. :( I really like ts4 and play all the time, but there are things that are fundamental to my game and my playing that we won't get until a new iteration, because of the way the game was made. Things like CASt (or at least just for a better variety in CAS skin, hair, eyes) and world editing are so vital to me and it's such a bummer that I have to wait to see them in tandem with things I liked in previous games (including 4) if we even get a ts5. It's just...why does the wait have to be so undetermined for this one? :/
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Vince wrote: »
    Unpopular opinon :

The Sims 4 is the best.
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.
    But, let's be honest, loading are really fast. (Even if it depends on your computer, but most of the time, they are pretty fast)
    I have a feeling of intimacy when I play, because of the closed world. And I really appreciate that!

So, yeah, I'm definitely happy with that!

I was same as you. I really really love this game.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2019

The only answer I have for that is graphics. The Sims 2 is definitely old graphics and I don’t think they would have been able to upgrade them without making a new game. Same with Sims 3 I suppose. Sims 4’s graphics are “modern” enough to last for a good while.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I find her last sentence actually working against what you are trying to say here:

'I’m not sure any sims game could ever claim to be complete :)'