Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruLyndsay confirms The Sims 4 has no planned End-Date.

For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

Comments

• TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I hope 2030
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    No good news.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I sure hope this is true just to have a complete Sims 4, and equally important, a complete Sims 5 Base Game.

I mean, I love the Sims 4 as it is and I really love most of the DLCs of it, but let's be honest, if they DID have toddlers from the start, the club system, restaurants and tons of contents would be more immersive; if they DID have terrain tools from the start, we would have all worlds to have open water instead of only the new worlds starting from Sulani; and let's not forget Cars, we all know it will inevitably become a DLC no matter how useless some state they will be, how will they work in old worlds, especially in Windenburg and City Living?

A better base game means more inclusive DLC so I could wait years just for a complete base game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    I sure hope this is true just to have a complete Sims 4, and equally important, a complete Sims 5 Base Game.

I mean, I love the Sims 4 as it is and I really love most of the DLCs of it, but let's be honest, if they DID have toddlers from the start, the club system, restaurants and tons of contents would be more immersive; if they DID have terrain tools from the start, we would have all worlds to have open water instead of only the new worlds starting from Sulani; and let's not forget Cars, we all know it will inevitably become a DLC no matter how useless some state they will be, how will they work in old worlds, especially in Windenburg and City Living?

A better base game means more inclusive DLC so I could wait years just for a complete base game.

It is very possible that a theoretical Sims 5 has toddlers in the base game, but I don't think we will ever see things like restaurants or clubs in it. The traditional approach to piecemeal DLC is far too profitable, and so things like the business, pets or seasons packs will continue to be as they are.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    RexZheng wrote: »

It is very possible that a theoretical Sims 5 has toddlers in the base game, but I don't think we will ever see things like restaurants or clubs in it. The traditional approach to piecemeal DLC is far too profitable, and so things like the business, pets or seasons packs will continue to be as they are.

When I said clubs and restaurants I was referring to toddlers not being able to visit the restaurant and not being able to be in a club. Sorry for being vague about that.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2019
    I mean, I like Sims 4 just fine, but it's still limited by its base and could've been so much better if things had been planned better from the start. TS5, assuming it's done well, would be appreciated

I'll keep playing as long as there's interesting content, but if something better comes along before TS5 comes, I would probably switch over
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    While I don't doubt this to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if development for Sims 5 starts soon behind the scenes. Games take a long time to develop and while I like Sims 4 a lot of its major problems imo come from it's very framework/system limitations and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a small team work early on just making sure Sims 5 does better in where Sims 4 does not.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    If the bugs are fixed and the game engine handles all the content without immense lag, and the game has continuous support and content updates I don’t mind that.

TS4 made to be a live service which means a longer lifespan and I feel like a lot more that needs to be added. So I’m completely on board. I hope it lasts a long time! It’s only now getting good!

And with full 64 bit support now I’m sure they’ll be able to bring us a lot more things.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm happy cause I can't imagine TS4 ending without a ''better personalities'' overhaul.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hopefully they will not be too much focused on making content for the sims4 but focus on what's next for the sims. I think that is more important.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019

I’m glad.

Not to mention that they are starting to bring innovation into the game. I never thought sims riding jet skis was possible in TS4 and look at the sims now. I bet they’ll add cars and bikes soon enough horses too and much more.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited June 2019
    I suspect it is because it is in the form of the "games as a service" model. If it had been on offline only game, there could be a sooner end.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I’m glad.

Not to mention that they are starting to bring innovation into the game. I never thought sims riding jet skis was possible in TS4 and look at the sims now. I bet they’ll add cars and bikes soon enough horses too and much more.

They also added boats, so that's a clue we're getting cars to some extent eventually.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    That doesn't mean they are not still building sims 5 in another department. Sims 5 will take years to complete, so I still believe this is in development. However, I dont care about sims 5, I'm focused on 4 still and I'm excited for it to continue to expand. Once all the glitches and bugs are taken care of, sims 4 will be great on many levels.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    I'm good with that. More time means more packs, which means I'm all the more likely to see some of my wishlist stuff in-game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I’m glad.

They also added boats, so that's a clue we're getting cars to some extent eventually.

Yeah, I'm so excited about getting cars.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2019
    The longer it goes on tbh the better, it's the first in the series I've so far collected all so I have a pretty fleshed out game rn. When sims 5 drops I won't be getting it right away cause I have a "complete" sims 4 set.

I just hope they patch some base game features to improve the overall lifespan.
    I.e. shorter teen overhaul and baby's not objects update
    caitytrina.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    hmmm...but...why couldn't they continue with TS3 and TS2 like this?? Honestly kinda makes me angry...
    But whatever, that's good..I suppose...
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Personally, I think this is great news! I have invested so much in TS4 and I am nowhere near ready for TS5. TS4 still has so much potential and content to be added/developed before it will feel anywhere near 'complete' to me. So, yay!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely love this game. So yeah, great news for me personally. 😃

Same. I know my opinions upset people apparently, but I rather they take their time to improve and add to the game. Not everything needs to be rushed out fast. It will be finished when they decide it is.

What's the rush of spending more money and having to start all over again (meaning being poorer and having to wait for even more for features we want which is odd since people don't like waiting for so long)?

I personally don't like Sims 3 and rather have it be an updated Sims 2; but not everyone wants or likes the same things.
  • VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    Unpopular opinon :

The Sims 4 is the best.
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.
    But, let's be honest, loading are really fast. (Even if it depends on your computer, but most of the time, they are pretty fast)
    I have a feeling of intimacy when I play, because of the closed world. And I really appreciate that!

So, yeah, I'm definitely happy with that!
    Nothing is more important than empathy.