Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think EP University is coming next fall/winter?

It's not that Im not grate for Island Living (on the contrary I love it!!) however I've been wanting University for ages. I get that it doesn't make sense if they revealed University for June, but do you guys think they are working on university?? I know realm of magic is coming as a game pack, do you think they will also release an expansion pack too ?

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I believe they are working on University but I dont think they will reveal in fall/winter maybe next year.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope so. The game pack is coming at the end of Sept or the the first week or 2 of October (based off of their six month plan on case you’re wondering, and fall starts Sept 23rd). There’s plenty of time for a November or December EP.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    I hope so. The game pack is coming at the end of Sept or the the first week or 2 of October (based off of their six month plan on case you’re wondering, and fall starts Sept 23rd). There’s plenty of time for a November or December EP.

That makes me so happy! I really hope they reveal a uni pack for the fall- it's the perfect time and plus i cannot keep transforming my teenage sims into young adults.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »

That makes me so happy! I really hope they reveal a uni pack for the fall- it's the perfect time and plus i cannot keep transforming my teenage sims into young adults.

Uni is for Young adults tho? Or you’re saying you’re tired of aging them without uni.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I can see it being released in November. Being the current most requested theme, that would be their Christmas sales boost.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    november this year is most likely, while i think they're make a lot of money on witches but they usually have an expansion in november.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Of course they're working on it. The guru's listen to what we want, even if it isn't that obvious. We're clearly getting witches with Realm Of Magic, and then we're getting Island Living, and we got Newcrest, and we got Parenthood.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Highly likely, imo.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Honestly I would personally take a farming pack, with pet horses and ponies in CAS rather than a Uni pack. So, I'm hoping for that to be next. But I do still want Uni in TS4 so there's a chance we might get another EP around November.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They haven't skipped an EP in the November/December season since 2015, so I think it will come
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I would personally take a farming pack, with pet horses and ponies in CAS rather than a Uni pack. But I do still want Uni in TS4 so there's a chance we might get another EP around November.

i never thought of a farming pack, i'm in love now
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    NyaIeroWay wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I would personally take a farming pack, with pet horses and ponies in CAS rather than a Uni pack. But I do still want Uni in TS4 so there's a chance we might get another EP around November.

i never thought of a farming pack, i'm in love now

Oh, this has definitely been discussed here on the board. It's a fairly popular request. :)
    It's one of my top 3 left to be introduced in this iteration.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the look of Island Living and would love a Farming pack but I am really worried Farming or something else comes before University. I have already thought up a couple of Island Living stories for my legacy and already some of them start with a sim who is very academic and realizes they would rather live a simple life on an island. Somehow all my stories come back to University lol. I am really hoping its next!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll place my bets on: around summer time next year. With beaches and magic out of the way, it's just gotta be next :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    there might be winter vacay pack some winter tho but i don't think this one as there is island one and it'd seem bit weird to have both same year i suppose but i feel like it should be wild card of pack since they have 2 solid packs coming now they know are gonna sell adding uni to that is just kinda much
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seeing as next Fall is going to be featuring the release of realm of magic, I don't see them releasing another EP, since imo it'd make sense to have RoM to have some decent exposure on it's own.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    We had 2 expansion packs and 2 game packs in 2015 (Get to Work & Get to Together) (Outdoor Retreat & Spa Day)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 1 game pack in 2016 (City Living) (Dine Out)
    We had 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs in 2017 (Cats and Dogs) (Vampires & Parenthood)
    We had 2 expansion packs and 1 game pack in 2018 (Seasons & Get Famous) (Jungle Adventure)
    So far in 2019, 1 expansion pack and 2 game packs ( Island Living) (Strangeville & Realm of Magic)

There are two times that we had two expansions in one year. In 2015 they were like 8 months a part.
    Last year 2018 they were 5 months apart BUT we only had one game pack.
    We already have two game packs for this year.

However since the release of sims 4 we have never not had an expansion pack in November/December as its a good sales period.
    So maybe is a new pace in terms of releases (like in 2015) and we will see University in November/December

I am fairly confident an expansion will come out in November/December
    I worry that despite how we think its logical that it is University next. It could not be.

I am hoping that this is the point in the story where I lose hope just before the thing I've always wanted happens and University comes out because I am starting to think its not happening this year.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2019
    For once I can say I don’t even care. They just announced Witches and Mermaids.

I’m literally all good. I need nothing more from this game, and am actually, kind of, at a point where I genuinely enjoy it. Though I do not play it as much as TS2, I like to check in with my families at least once a day, which for TS4 and me is a good thing.

Depending on how good these packs are, witches will change that so I’ll either like it more or I won’t touch it again and wait for TS5.

But anyway, yay! For once I’m excited for a pack (my last was vampires, I still love that I hope these are as good). It feels good to say that about the sims again.

—T
    To7m wrote: »

I’m literally all good. I need nothing more from this game, and am actually, kind of, at a point where I genuinely enjoy it. Though I do not play it as much as TS2, I like to check in with my families at least once a day, which for TS4 and me is a good thing.

Depending on how good these packs are, witches will change that so I’ll either like it more or I won’t touch it again and wait for TS5.

But anyway, yay! For once I’m excited for a pack (my last was vampires, I still love that I hope these are as good). It feels good to say that about the sims again.

—T

Coming from you that is indeed good to hear ;) glad you're having fun with this game. After all this time, that must come as a relief.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

—T

Coming from you that is indeed good to hear ;) glad you're having fun with this game. After all this time, that must come as a relief.

Haha was waiting for somebody to say this.

Yeah, I’m genuinely enjoying the game now I won’t lie. It still annoys me, and I’m still going to keep pointing out the things I don’t like but currently there aren’t many, just some of the smaller ones (no step/in law relations etc) but I can over look them.

All in all, I have PEPS again. It’s a good feeling haha

—T
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2019
    There are also several possible themes :
    • Winter vacation / Mountain Living
    • Showtime (Rock band, Singer, Acrobat)
    • Futuristic Living (Plumbot)
    • Farming / Country Living
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Considering how popular University is, yeah, I think it should be coming up next year, hopefully. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)

—T

Yeah, I’m genuinely enjoying the game now I won’t lie. It still annoys me, and I’m still going to keep pointing out the things I don’t like but currently there aren’t many, just some of the smaller ones (no step/in law relations etc) but I can over look them.

—T

PEPS, both the best and worst thing about the Sims 😂

And yes, there are absolutely still things that need tweaking or that I'd like to see added (like why are there no godparents in our Sims games? I'd really enjoy that xD), but the important thing is that we're having fun even if some of that stuff is missing. I'm honestly glad TS4 finally managed to get to a state where that's possible again for many of us. It was about time.

—T

—T

PEPS, both the best and worst thing about the Sims 😂

And yes, there are absolutely still things that need tweaking or that I'd like to see added (like why are there no godparents in our Sims games? I'd really enjoy that xD), but the important thing is that we're having fun even if some of that stuff is missing. I'm honestly glad TS4 finally managed to get to a state where that's possible again for many of us. It was about time.

Agreed.

—T
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think Uni is being worked on now for a November Black Friday release to take advantage of the holiday shopping.