Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which theme would you rather have for Realm of Magic GP?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Makin' Magic ( similiar to ts1)
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sims_MakinMagic_collage.jpg

If only they added even one of these items (except i just realized THERE IS THOSE CRYSTAL THINGS)

The Crystals are in the base game and I use them a lot.
    I agree with some objects, disagree with others.
    I can absolutely imagine the Carts and Caravans fitting in a Realm of Magic. But with the rollercoasters and that stage, this should better be saved for a carnival GP IMO.

yeah or like circus one probably but will they ever make one tho
    but i also feel like witch pack world should be very different to hollow visually though so I wonder if they will go more fantasy direction but that'd only make sense if fairies or something is also included in some way unless they plan to give up fairies because it does not make sense to make gp for gp and fairies are pretty much in that fantasy aesthetic
    though what i found weird was the werewolf like things in vampires pack when there is no werewolfs though so ...?

I agree a new world should be visually different from any previous world in the same game. However, there's a lot of visual styles other than carnival or circus that fits Witches or Magic just as well, if not better.
    A swamp, for example. They could draw inspiration from Diagon Alley or Hogwarts, or just go with a medieval fantasy theme like in Dragon Valley.
    And if you really want those costers, Sims 3 roaring hights added them with a 20's style world.

I mean there is but i consider harry potter sorta world and swamps part of fantasy unless it is like diagon alley or whatever i am just kind of thinking what kind of worlds we had in past with witches and that is ts2 had those castles (that id sort of put in fantasy) ts 1 had the circus + foresty + fantasy kinda areas
    and ts3 had foresty area with small town i believe and now we have foresty gothic village for vampires so id like opposite to that which would mean either of the other 2 in my brain since i really do not want anything that involve shell houses and idk if they would actually make close knit lots to make a sort of diagon alleyish world that actually works
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    62.png
    63.png
    59.png
    60.png
    64.png
    49.png

sort of wonder what these vampire pack items are about though could be its just for fun decor too tho
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

If only they added even one of these items (except i just realized THERE IS THOSE CRYSTAL THINGS)

I can absolutely imagine the Carts and Caravans fitting in a Realm of Magic. But with the rollercoasters and that stage, this should better be saved for a carnival GP IMO.

but i also feel like witch pack world should be very different to hollow visually though so I wonder if they will go more fantasy direction but that'd only make sense if fairies or something is also included in some way unless they plan to give up fairies because it does not make sense to make gp for gp and fairies are pretty much in that fantasy aesthetic
    though what i found weird was the werewolf like things in vampires pack when there is no werewolfs though so ...?

I agree a new world should be visually different from any previous world in the same game. However, there's a lot of visual styles other than carnival or circus that fits Witches or Magic just as well, if not better.
    A swamp, for example. They could draw inspiration from Diagon Alley or Hogwarts, or just go with a medieval fantasy theme like in Dragon Valley.
    And if you really want those costers, Sims 3 roaring hights added them with a 20's style world.

I mean there is but i consider harry potter sorta world and swamps part of fantasy unless it is like diagon alley or whatever but also I'd like more nature inspired world rather than city like diagon alley so there is that i am just kind of thinking what kind of worlds we had in past with witches and that is ts2 had those castles (that id sort of put in fantasy) ts 1 had the circus + foresty + fantasy kinda areas
    and ts3 had foresty area with small town i believe and now we have foresty gothic village for vampires so id like opposite to that which would mean either of the other 2 in my brain since i really do not want anything that involve shell houses and idk if they would actually make close knit lots to make a sort of diagon alleyish world that actually works

I actually like the idea of a forest or castle based world or a combination of the two. Maybe with an ancient stone circle like Stonehenge that would offer an opportunity for even stronger magic if spells are cast there. It would really add to the mystical atmosphere.
    Maybe it's just because I never played Sims 1 but circus and carnival don't give me any vibe that connects to magic.
    A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan is another thing. Gypsies are often fortune tellers, so they might fit. But a circus and carnival aren't the same as gypsies. They all have caravans and carts and colorful stuff, but that's where the connection ends.

Also, think of the realism players that want coasters in their game.
    Do you know how often I encounter people on Twitter or this Forum that bought Vampires GP for the decorations or the furniture or the clothing or the additional 5 lots and then complain about this GP having vampires in it, when it's literally called Vampires!
    People, you knew there are Vampires in there, it's in the f-ing title, and you decided to buy it anyway. At that moment, you decided that you wanted the thing you bought the Pack for more than you don't want vampires. You are literally complaining that you got what you paid for.
    Sorry, but that gets on my nerves sometimes...
    I know we can't avoid that. There is going to be cool decorations and clothing that people will want, even when they hate magic.
    But adding rollercoasters would provoke that in an unprecedented way and take resources away from what the pack is actually about.
    And only those familiar with Sims 1 Makin Magic would actually understand how Rollercoasters connect to Magic, and for them this would be pure nostalgia.

I don't think we can base our expectations on previous Sims games.
    Realm of Magic has the potential to incorporate aspects of the theme hinted at in the title or the Puns at the announcement never explored before in any Sims game.
    (If you don't know about the Puns: WITCH pack is next, CONJURE something up, SPELL it out)
  • Options
    CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other (comment)
    In short, I want improved Makin' Magic but with properly developed witches/warlocks. With vampires GP they did pretty good job by giving us both classical vampires (the best kind) and modern ones and I hope to see non-castrated witches/warlocks too.

However, this generalized name and the theme itself makes me feel that they might butcher something (hell, even going so far by not adding occults altogether, something what would be quite bad to me), after all this theme is quite ambitious, so much that with the game pack concept it is incredibly easy to sacrifice/simplify a lot of good potential things. It could easily turn into TS3 Supernaturals expansion that had a lot of things without much of the depth and with the game pack model in this case it's pretty simple to screw up.

With vampires, for example, it was not hard, they had to focus on one specific thing that is, well, "vampires" so they were able properly expand it and the pack turned out to be actually great. Now, magic theme is quite broad, there are ton of different works related to magic that also include various kinds of occults, magic/witchcrafts and many other things in general.

Assuming they going to focus on many things, I surely hope EA will allow developers to make it "bigger" than typical game packs, because in my opinion magical content that is focused on many things would work the best with the expansion pack model. I would definitely want more, but I prefer quality, not quantity, so as I said, I hope for Makin' Magic with witches with good depth, though even that might be too much for the game pack concept.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I mean there is but i consider harry potter sorta world and swamps part of fantasy unless it is like diagon alley or whatever but also I'd like more nature inspired world rather than city like diagon alley so there is that i am just kind of thinking what kind of worlds we had in past with witches and that is ts2 had those castles (that id sort of put in fantasy) ts 1 had the circus + foresty + fantasy kinda areas

I actually like the idea of a forest or castle based world or a combination of the two. Maybe with an ancient stone circle like Stonehenge that would offer an opportunity for even stronger magic if spells are cast there. It would really add to the mystical atmosphere.
    Maybe it's just because I never played Sims 1 but circus and carnival don't give me any vibe that connects to magic.
    A 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan is another thing. Gypsies are often fortune tellers, so they might fit. But a circus and carnival aren't the same as gypsies. They all have caravans and carts and colorful stuff, but that's where the connection ends.

Also, think of the realism players that want coasters in their game.
    Do you know how often I encounter people on Twitter or this Forum that bought Vampires GP for the decorations or the furniture or the clothing or the additional 5 lots and then complain about this GP having vampires in it, when it's literally called Vampires!
    People, you knew there are Vampires in there, it's in the f-ing title, and you decided to buy it anyway. At that moment, you decided that you wanted the thing you bought the Pack for more than you don't want vampires. You are literally complaining that you got what you paid for.
    Sorry, but that gets on my nerves sometimes...
    I know we can't avoid that. There is going to be cool decorations and clothing that people will want, even when they hate magic.
    But adding rollercoasters would provoke that in an unprecedented way and take resources away from what the pack is actually about.
    And only those familiar with Sims 1 Makin Magic would actually understand how Rollercoasters connect to Magic, and for them this would be pure nostalgia.

I don't think we can base our expectations on previous Sims games.
    Realm of Magic has the potential to incorporate aspects of the theme hinted at in the title or the Puns at the announcement never explored before in any Sims game.
    (If you don't know about the Puns: WITCH pack is next, CONJURE something up, SPELL it out)

Makin' Magic was really pack of random things devs wanted to add back in the day, it combined show magic with ''actual magic'' (where you did show magic, with actual magic) and that is why there is a theme of sort of like circus/ amusement park on side of 2 other themes that are creepy haunted house look (yes bonehilda came from there) and fantasy look

Wouldn't tell them to add rollercoasters in particular though I am more talking about the funny/quirky vibes of makin' magic
    the fact that we had dragons, the spells , that it had other things to it than just be a witch and ride a broom
    is what I miss because magic was just so much more to me in makin' magic than ts 3 for example
    ts3 version is just too... serious I need something fred and george would enjoy if we were to speak harry potter

Also I would take fortune telling as magic related and I'd like that to be included since if that is not in magic pack it's likely not coming, ever.
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Fantasy (fairies,dragons...)
    If they don’t go for a fantasy theme this time, then that’s fine, and I could wait for another pack that may have more of the fairy-feel/fantasy-feel theme I like.

I would love some of this fantasy-fairy-vibe decor like this set from Sims 3 (for a future pack in Sims 4 one day):
    https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12409&pcategoryId=13815&ppcategoryId=12409

At least I got my number one favorite supernatural/occult, the mermaid/merpeople . :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    The Devs said that GPs are about taking one theme and exploring it in depth.
    With what we know so far, it could very well be a Pack with a small world heavily inspired by the magic town in Makin Magic, A Witch occult and a bunch of Spells, alchemy, and Objects like crystal balls and so on.
    I really hope for no alignment system, flying brooms, and some mystical fantasy aesthetic. Knowing the Sims, there's bound to be some cartoony fun element in it. Nothing against that.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other (comment)
    Elementals look like some darker version of the genie we got in Sims 2. Variations on a theme. :/

I don't mind anything coming back from previous games - other than Zombies. :#
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Other (comment)
    I would like a combination of witches and fantasy elements (I want my fairies and dragons!). I hope there is a good /evil element. I hope they don't stick too closely to any one commercial magic franchise like Harry potter as there is so many more aspects that can be explored and there are franchise games specifically for those fans.
  • Options
    I think imma just download makin magic today and play that until there is some releases :joy: maybe that way i can stay sane
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Other (comment)

I want a creepy swamp more than anything. Give me a swamp and give me dragons. That's what I want. Please let me be a swamp hag. Please. (Please let me be Flemeth from Dragon Age, I just need this.)
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    But since everyone's Fantasy is different... Mine Looks like Early Medieval Renaissance to Pre-French Revolution.

Personally My world on a grand Scale is Made up of multiple "worlds"
    Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow is currently Part of that world.
    Hoping for a French-Italian Country Side, for a Farming Pack.
    Would really love Ancient Greek/Roman Empire and Ancient Egyptian/Arabian World for an Adventure Packs.

Anyway Primarily a Medieval English/French world would fit my Fantasy world requirements.

Hoping for a Large Village with room for exploration... I would love a Large lot (64x64 or bigger :# ) On hill/cliffside that overlooks a Village so My grandfather (Soon to be the most powerful sorcerer of all time) can place his chateau and have dominion over the village. If anyone is looking for potions, curses, enchantments, anything magic they come to my Sim's Grandparent's castle. In this Village, If it's not already, I'm going to have maybe a Tavern/Inn, A clothing Store, and a Small grocery store, and one other residential lot.

Because what I'm doing is My Grandfather is Kaegan Castor, He's an Archmage, which means he's a Master of Magic, Immortal and has eternal youth, he, and his twin brother, have been around since the dawn of the Roman Empire, and thousands of years old but still looking good in his mid 30's. So there is a Kingdom I have going on. Under the rule of King Henry, who is modeled after King Henry VIII and King Louis XIV. Now Kaegan is to King Henry, as Merlin is to King Arthur.
    He advises him what he should do as King, His magic is loyal to the King and the Kingdom of Briarheart.

Kaegan, has a rough history tho, His twin Brother Daerick, had fallen into Darkness a while back, became the King of Daemons (A Vampire) and Kaegan Banished/trapped his brother into the Realm of Darkness, which Daerick could never escape.

I was debating if Kaegan would marry an Elf or a Nymph, or should I just make her out to be another Sorceress.
    I originally Had made out to be a Wood Nymph/Garden Elf, "Mother Nature" type of character.
    who was captured by a Roman Emperor, and keeps her as one of his seven exotic "Trophy Wives" When Henry and Kaegan and some other Court members visit "Rome" Kaegan and Vivian meet, fall in actual love, and The Emperor is angered and almost shatters their alliance, and starts a war with their neighboring Kingdom.

In 50 years Henry's Reign comes to an end, he dies/is killed, and the once benevolent Queen, who has coming into some magic of her own, when she made a deal with My Grand-Uncle, Kaegan's Brother Daerick. The Deal was Daerick would teach Queen Cora magic, In hope to bring her Henry back from the dead, but when her hopes were crushed. She literally, with magic, tears out her own heart, and becomes a Heartless Treasonous Tyrannical Queen, and is nicknamed: "the Queen of Hearts."

So my story really takes place during the Renaissance to the French Revolution in that matter of a century. so that's the theme I want.

And When My Sim mother is going escape the Realm of Magic, along with the Princess, Cora and Henry's Daughter, and enter our world in the 1970s. which kicks off a milestone in my other save, and my Character comes into play. Mason and Desiree, my sister, spend their summer and winter breaks with their Grand Parents, to embrace their magical roots.

I want my story at this point I want Kaegan and Vivian his wife, to have embraced modernity, a little bit. He's still old fashioned, but He's using light bulbs instead of candle sticks. As My simself and the family grow up and visit their grandparents, they are introducing the Magical realm, to all this technology. and Julia, Kaegan and Vivian's Daughter, and my simself's mother, is married to a Human who is embracing the fact that his wife and children are Sorcerers. Not a supernatural fan... he's just adventurous and open to the idea. and So Trent, Kaegan's new son-in-law will be the one to hook Kaegan up with an iPhone, electronics, appliances, and Kaegan can't wait to manipulate them all with magic.
    like Kaegan has an iPhone, enchanted to communicate across realms with his family in another realm.
    so I want there to be a blend where it doesn't look weird that this world that is set in the past, and people are using modern technology. so a sense that this timeless world can progress at least technology wise.

I think the Sims 4: Realm of Magic, could have a lot of Potential, and shouldn't be held back by Making Magic or anything.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Other (comment)
    I chose other as I want witches who can heal, defend sims, the other one to bring danger, start fire, floods, turn sims to stone, turn them into witches. Witch can collect herbs, flowers and brew healing options or poision, perhaps turn sim into a frog.
    Wearwolf can protect sims against witches, they can fight daemons n witches to take back there herbs. Fall in love with witches or claim there territory making sure that witches know the borders.
    Wearwolf can rescue sims from the mpuntains, wood and ditches. Etc
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    From that survey, witches, genies and fairies all wield magic and all would fit in a Realm of Magic pack using the same magic powers ladder.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I definitely want something akin to Makin' Magic with maybe some Harry Potter thrown in for fun. I love the idea of adding Fairies and dragons and other magical creatures too but I hope that means they won't be watered down. I'd rather they focus on witches and flesh them out like they did with Vampire.
    The town that came with Vampires looks a lot like the Creepy Hollow section of Magic Town so I'd like for Realm of magic to either look like the perpetual autumn carnival side or the fairy glenn side of Magic Town. Or maybe a separate fairy pack.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Good witch/bad witch (similiar to ts2)
    I assume that it will definitely have witches as the main focus, but that fairies may or may not also be included. It just depends on how fleshed out they make the witches.
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Makin' Magic was one of my favorite expansions, so something along those lines would be nice. Especially since it allowed anyone to become magical if they decided they wanted that. Also the dueling and spells were really cool. I still remember the time my sim turned her pet cat into a human, lol.
    When it comes to the actual world itself, though, idk. The carnival type theme they had in MM was fun, and could have a very Urban Fantasy feel to it if they did something similar, rather than go Medieval Fantasy, which wouldn't really merge too well with the rest of the Sims 4 worlds. But Forgotten Hollow does already have a similar vibe to Magic Town, so perhaps they'd want to go completely different? Especially depending on what kind of cultures they wish to incorporate with this Realm of Magic.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    they said in EA play they look for cultural references please take these as occult player cultural references :joy:

When making Vampires GP, they took references from old Hollywood vampire movies like Dracula and such, plus TV shows like True Blood.

They might do the same with the Realm of Magic. And they probably did the same for mermaids.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Survey ideas of Witches GP and Fairies GP

429bqeevnvre.png
    1b9xzd2j4hgt.png

I want a Fairies GP or just a simple/basic fairy occult so bad.

The Spooky Stuff wings are kind of cute, but I wanted more variety of wings and clothing like Sims 3 had. (I didn’t like a lot of the Spooky Stuff, so I haven’t gotten that pack yet, but if there’s variety for fairy stuff, could someone let me know?)

If Sims 4’s Magic Realm does something similar to Makin’ Magic’s Magic Town.... maybe we can get a fairy vendor NPC like in Sims 1? (Fairy Queen Mara?)

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Faerie_Queen_Mara

Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    It's been so long since I've played those packs mentioned in the poll that I don't remember what the magic packs were like before Sims 3.
    However, I want the pack to focus on witches, because I always had the most fun playing as a witch in previous games.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    they said in EA play they look for cultural references please take these as occult player cultural references :joy:

When making Vampires GP, they took references from old Hollywood vampire movies like Dracula and such, plus TV shows like True Blood.

They might do the same with the Realm of Magic. And they probably did the same for mermaids.

I just wish they play around a bit and didn't make them as plain as in ts3
    I think my biggest wish is for good dragons to come to ts4 in some pack be it this or not
    and having spells and potions that do more than just fiddle with moods, needs and relationship
    like turning sims to stone, making them frogs, making objects do things on their own, turning objects into sims.... just.. yeah.

world concern is really I'd wish it to be epic since the gp is named realm of magic after all
    and I don't want forgotten hollow 2 so if it is only witches id really love whimsy looking weird world
    but also if there is fairies they need world that fits them so I would vote for nature inspired world of fantasy
    if there is fairies since it does go for witches too

if just witches tho
    I think good b/b theme would be if they made dark wooden furnitures and patterned sofas etc that look sort of traditionally old
    but there would also be that circus like swatch for them so u could have that zonkos but u could also have that grimmauld place
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Other (comment)
    From what I've seen the direction goes, it's most probably be like these and I'm fine with both.

- A witch-themed GP with medieval theme, perhaps with a modern twist of witches with high-tech or something.

- A fairy-themed GP with fairytale and natural theme, probably a revamped version of PlantSim (hopefully).
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Makin' Magic would be a lot of fun, in terms of the silliness and carnival aspect. However I'd definitely want some good/evil/neutral witchcraft options. I have a feeling this GP will include witches and zombies, and perhaps werewolves (though I know many people don't want so many life states packed into one GP). I would love for there to be a Halloweentown style world where occult life states can live freely in their weirdness, and cover it up when they travel to the other worlds. Perhaps there could be "traditional" style witches in that world, but also occultist, "modern" Pagan kind of witch skills and themes for the "real world." Maybe the humans don't know or believe that these other life states even exist! It'd be an interesting story to tell at least in the game...

I guess realistically I just want it to be fun and quirky like Makin Magic but with occult life states like TS2/3 lol. I REALLY want some paranormal careers like fortune teller, ghost hunter, etc. That would be amazing!
  • Options
    *whispers* there is some objects in island pack that have really nice colors for this pack too
  • Options
    storyy wrote: »
    Makin' Magic would be a lot of fun, in terms of the silliness and carnival aspect. However I'd definitely want some good/evil/neutral witchcraft options. I have a feeling this GP will include witches and zombies, and perhaps werewolves (though I know many people don't want so many life states packed into one GP). I would love for there to be a Halloweentown style world where occult life states can live freely in their weirdness, and cover it up when they travel to the other worlds. Perhaps there could be "traditional" style witches in that world, but also occultist, "modern" Pagan kind of witch skills and themes for the "real world." Maybe the humans don't know or believe that these other life states even exist! It'd be an interesting story to tell at least in the game...

I guess realistically I just want it to be fun and quirky like Makin Magic but with occult life states like TS2/3 lol. I REALLY want some paranormal careers like fortune teller, ghost hunter, etc. That would be amazing!

yeah id want it to look different from normal worlds like just kind of place you go into and you immediately think there is some odd party going on