Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There's a new phone icon incoming. Can you tell what it is?

IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
In this video, the only footage we currently have from EA Play, you can briefly see this on the phone menu

APQel7I.png

as opposed to my game's phone menu, which looks like this

qMwha8C.png

There's an additional icon there.

Now, unless that icon is from a pack I don't have (though - did the demo games have all the packs installed? You'd think they'd just be showing off the new game) then it's new.

And I cannot discern it for the life of me.

You can see it for yourself at around 7:13 in the video if you'd like. Any takers? Make your wildest guess!
Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Good find ! That is definitely a new icon
    Kind of looks like a seashell?

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    huh, weird. i can't discern what that is but im curious about it
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I can determine it's the one on the far right, but beats me as to what it is. Well spotted though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Notebook?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Notebook?

Yup it’s the notebook, it’s not at the top anymore.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It looks like an emoji to me... maybe we'll be able to type texts now?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Hmmm... interesting. I tried isolating the icon and reducing glare and stuff. I still cant tell what it could be, but maybe it'll give someone else ideas.
    gIrUhf8.jpg
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I think it's notebook. So they move access to notebook from top of the phone to the bottom
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    I think it's notebook. So they move access to notebook from top of the phone to the bottom

This makes a LOT of sense. You're probably right. I remember the first time I played the Detective career I had no idea where my "notebook" was which was supposed to keep track of the clues. I had to google it. I bet they made it easier to find for everyone, which means this (like the trait randomizer) is an upcoming Quality of Life update.

Gosh, that makes me so excited. In terms of simple UI updates, both of these are great. That plus the 350 swatches... whatever this new update is, they've clearly been putting a lot of thought into simple ways to make the game better. I'm actually optimistic, which is not like me when it comes to EA and their BS.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I doubt it's the case, but I hope the notebook is also gets an overhaul with this change. Like letting us write our own notes, or deleting old ones.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017