Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any word on Sharks?

Dolphins are great, but I can't imagine diving around in the ocean without sharks.. Any word on them yet?

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I need a new death type :naughty:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I need a new death type :naughty:

You now made me wonder if sims can die from drowning in the sea...... I'm curious as to how that would look.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 is asking the real questions. WHERE ARE MY SHARKS!? (Please read this in Emilia Clarke's voice, thanks.)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I was telling my husband yesterday that I wish there was a death by shark option...
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Sharks would be really cool but they might not want to perpetuate myths about shark attacks like in some media...but then again they already have renders from Far Famous so maybe they'll have them
    Personally I think it would be cool to see the Kraken return!
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 is asking the real questions. WHERE ARE MY SHARKS!? (Please read this in Emilia Clarke's voice, thanks.)

@daenerystubborn I'm asking the same thing about the sharks. If they could implement piranhas for Get Famous, they might as well pull it off for Island Living.
    tenor.gif

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Sharks would be really cool but they might not want to perpetuate myths about shark attacks like in some media...but then again they already have renders from Far Famous so maybe they'll have them

Oh yeah I get it. Im totally for shark conservation and dispelling myths, they're my favorite animal.

I just want my sharks lol.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sharks would be good. But as they are in Get Famous I wonder if they would use them again?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Would be cool if we can see them swimming around. Maybe the death by shark thing is rare or only happens when your sim provokes them.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Imagine if the volcano erupted and you ran into the sea in a bid to dodge flying rocks, only to be eaten by a shark. That would be a bad day.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If there is a death by sharks, I'm curious to see how exactly they'll do it in a way that won't disrupt the T rating.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    If there is a death by sharks, I'm curious to see how exactly they'll do it in a way that won't disrupt the T rating.

Pretty sure that just means keeping it red-blood-less.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Well yeah, but I thought it also meant like having the shark pull the Sim under and that's the last we see of them.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Well yeah, but I thought it also meant like having the shark pull the Sim under and that's the last we see of them.

They had death by shark in sims 3. Its just a fight like two sims fighting and then the sim turns to bones if they dont survive.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    This would be a good thing to add to my Island Living story... Main... Characters.. Adopted... Dad... Killed... By... Shark...

Edit: Or falling volcano meteor. Shark sounds better though.
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2019
    I didn't see any deep sea area, I doubt we'll get sharks.
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    what if instead of a dolphin merpeople with the evil trait could summon a shark like they could in the sims 3?
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    There ought to be some dangers in the ocean, or at least a chance to get sick/drown/die. Otherwise the beach guard would would be pretty pointless.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I hope so.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just read that mermaids can apparently make your sims drown in the ocean. And that sims that drown in the ocean can't be ressurected.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I just read that mermaids can apparently make your sims drown in the ocean. And that sims that drown in the ocean can't be ressurected.

Such an evil power....I love it 😈
    liliaeth wrote: »

Was that on SimsCommunity? I get that mermaids can drown other Sims but the not being able to be revived thing is kind of confusing. Why would the SimGurus make that the one death that can't be reversed?
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just saw someone mention it on the mermaid thread:
    Loanet wrote: »
    We're not hearing much about what they do. Or at least, the things they'll be able to do that regular sims can't.

Some mermaid powers listed by a simmer who played the game on Saturday: "Mermaids will have a special power to lure the sim, to make him/her falling in love or even drown the sim. Sim that has drown in the ocean can not resurrect. So you need to be careful."
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

Shark don't tend to hang out where Dolphins are. Just an FYI.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I do not think we are getting sharks but I think the volcano can also kill sims.