Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❌ Lets Show Some Support: For Cars!!! ❌

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Other: I could go either way, I don’t care, depends...
    I liked choosing a car for my Sims in earlier iterations and there were some car fanatics making superb CC cars for us to use in the early days. We even got Nissan making a car (or two)? for us to advertise a new model, just for UK Simmers. Car spawning slowed my Sims 3 game though and I had to use an NRass mod to remove them. If Maxis could add them I wouldn't mind.

Maybe they could start with lawnmowers for gardening, buggies (for getting around the Island lots), then bicycles and so on?

I could see even my Sims cycling round Brindleton Bay as they can walk and jog quite far already. :)
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Cars aren't that relevant to me, but if they add them they also have to add woohoo in the car... In that case, I'm all for it.
  • VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I don't understand,
    Why having cars when The Sims 4 is not an open world?
    Nothing is more important than empathy.
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    YES! Cars! Bring them on!
    Why would people not want cars, they have been in all other sims games and if they are added in a patch then you mayaswell have them
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I voted yes.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I was expecting them to be one of the announcements yesterday, since there are boats in Island Living. :disappointed:
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would love cars/taxis and bikes for TS4. A mechanic career would be great too for my more practical/handy sims. It all adds to the life simulation experience.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    At this point in the game, I really don't need cars (they'd be confined to one new world anyway) but I would like bikes to ride around the neighborhood. Kids bikes and toddler trikes. A toddler peddle car would be cute too.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    We had cars in The Sims and buyable ones in Sims 2 and they weren't open worlds.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    We had cars in The Sims and buyable ones in Sims 2 and they weren't open worlds.

But they had routable roads which this version does not. The roads are just paint. But I still want cars in some version.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    I just don't see the point in a closed world. Even if we had open world I wouldn't care very much.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Honestly we should have been had them it's almost five years in September wtplum it's time for cars please and thank you.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Nah. Dont drive one, dont like them, dont need them.
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I just don't see the point in a closed world. Even if we had open world I wouldn't care very much.

Well then you didn't play Sims 2 because Sims 2 was a closed world and we had cars and it game play listen to the radio and woohoo in the car.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    No. I really, truly do not like cars in any fashion. I don't think they should exist in the real world, let alone in the sims. Also, I don't think the world design lends itself to cars in the least and seems like putting a lot of effort into something that couldn't even really be used.

I mean. Bikes? Skateboards to get around in areas that are pedestrian-friendly? (not that I think either of those are pedestrian-friendly, either) Something that seems reasonable to use on a side walk or through a square that allows only for foot traffic. Segways seem like they'd be terribly fitting for the game.
    a63ftuN.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Monday wrote: »
    No. I really, truly do not like cars in any fashion. I don't think they should exist in the real world, let alone in the sims. Also, I don't think the world design lends itself to cars in the least and seems like putting a lot of effort into something that couldn't even really be used.

I mean. Bikes? Skateboards to get around in areas that are pedestrian-friendly? (not that I think either of those are pedestrian-friendly, either) Something that seems reasonable to use on a side walk or through a square that allows only for foot traffic. Segways seem like they'd be terribly fitting for the game.

would not say no to those either biggest thing i really want is being able to move around other ways than on foot and have some fun gameplay maybe we could let teens customize skateboards? or adults having some things to add on their bikes? just something fun like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited June 2019
    All my sims live in Willow Creek, where the roads are just decoration and not routable. I suspect that, just like the devs not making pre-existing bodies of water swimmable (most likely because it's not possible), they probably wouldn't/couldn't make pre-existing roads routable either.

All my houses don't physically have room for driveways or garages. The only way it would work therefore is if the car was parked on the road, and I just don't like that option much, although I could accept it if that dynamic worked in-game.

Some lots have low level railings running along the front outside of the lot boundary - how would that work?

I would have liked cars, a long time ago. Ideally, yes I would like them, but in practise it wouldn't work for me.

Edit: what WOULD work for me would be an alternative to the teleporting of a vehicular nature; either taxis sims can order that come to the house.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Something I can play without, but also something I wouldn’t mind being added.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    All my sims live in Willow Creek, where the roads are just decoration and not routable. I suspect that, just like the devs not making pre-existing bodies of water swimmable (most likely because it's not possible), they probably wouldn't/couldn't make pre-existing roads routable either.

All my houses don't physically have room for driveways or garages. The only way it would work therefore is if the car was parked on the road, and I just don't like that option much, although I could accept it if that dynamic worked in-game.

Some lots have low level railings running along the front outside of the lot boundary - how would that work?

I would have liked cars, a long time ago. Ideally, yes I would like them, but in practise it wouldn't work for me.

Edit: what WOULD work for me would be an alternative to the teleporting of a vehicular nature; either taxis sims can order that come to the house.

actually yeah i wouldn't even probably be complaining about cars if my sims went to work in fancier car everytime they get promoted because that is biggest thing i am sad about when there is no cars (i just want my pink limo) but true it wouldn't really work in windenburg for example so i do see why they wouldn't want to add them but maybe in some specific world of cars id really love to have some :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    yes for cars all the way so i support this 100%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Monday wrote: »

would not say no to those either biggest thing i really want is being able to move around other ways than on foot and have some fun gameplay maybe we could let teens customize skateboards? or adults having some things to add on their bikes? just something fun like that

I understand the desire to move beyond being on foot. Making skateboards and bikes customizable would be a lot of fun. Three-wheeled bike with a big basket on the back? I'd be all over that. I know we have roller rinks from seasons so this is probably out, but having a sim be able to roller skate across town even would be fun, too. I will also take a scooter.

I wouldn't mind cars so much if it came with a mechanic career where you can make a garage and fix up cars, run it like a business. That'd make me change my mind.
    a63ftuN.png
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I would love my rich sims to have a lamborghini.
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    Would love to see cars at least for the sake of getting UFOs for aliens and the ability to cause destruction, abducting Sims or do other various stuff with it, basically just like in TS3 but with better improvements.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Please give us cars !!
    If we would cars though I would want more game play with the car especially with this closed world I would like to be able to sit the car and listen to radio woohoo and make out like in the Sims 2 also have a project car to fix up and repair but I also would like to be able to wash the cars especially if they are dirty and with Seasons if you wash your car and it rains your car it's dirty again but if you don't wash your car gets clean from the rain. Snowed in by snow. Also I want consequences like your sim went off to work/school and Bam got into a collision and depending on whose at fault either you pay or they other person pay. Also I want teens to learn to drive in steps study for permit take the permit test pass then drive around for a bit and go take the driving test depending on who taught them they'll either pass or fail. Also have something like Uber in the game the Sims can drive people around and little stories happen like Little Tonya and her mother requested Uber Little Tonya didn't feel good and puked all over the car your Sims come home and your car is filthy and you got to wash it also there's a chance you might be sick lol.