Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Anyone Else Surprised That They're Putting Kava Kava in the Game?

DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
edited February 2023 in The Sims 4 General Discussion
Considering how the series generally skirts around stuff like alcohol and mari.juana, I was surprised that they're adding in kava kava uncensored. Kava is a pretty intoxicating substance (I know this from experience), so it seems inconsistent. Ultimately I don't have a problem with this; I just find it amusing.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Tis kava juice.
    It's juice
    Nothing to see here.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Why can teens and children go to bars and order drinks? I have no idea.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I was surprised too.
    "Are they introducing alcohol into Sims 4?" I thought. Maybe it's because I've been playing Medieval lately, where they all drink like fishes.
    Then I remembered that it'd mess with the rating, and really, it's not a big thing. Not when we have swimming, dolphin friends, island stewardship, jet skis, volcanoes, and mermaids.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    What’s kava kava ?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    What’s kava kava ?

I'm hittin' up DuckDuckGo now!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    What’s kava kava ?

It's a drink from Oceania (Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia) that is made from a plant's root. In some areas it has spiritual significance, and in areas of Oceania where it's been introduced recently it's primarily a recreational drug. It tastes very earthy and peppery, but that can vary between varieties. Its effects include euphoria, prosocial feelings, and mild (compared to alcohol) impairment of motor skills; on an empty stomach it can cause stomach aches.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you. I had never Heard of it. It’s not that surprising they added it, In City Living for instance they had the bubble blowers thingies that are basically narghiles/hookahs.
    What’s kava kava ?

It's a drink from Oceania (Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia) that is made from a plant's root. In some areas it has spiritual significance, and in areas of Oceania where it's been introduced recently it's primarily a recreational drug. It tastes very earthy and peppery, but that can vary between varieties. Its effects include euphoria, prosocial feelings, and mild (compared to alcohol) impairment of motor skills; on an empty stomach it can cause stomach aches.

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I love new food and drink in game. Gets me excited. I'm not surprised given that sims have bars with mixed drinks that we all well know are supposed to be alcohol. If it was just juice kids would be able to drink it. And we have bubble blowers for potheads. And, doesn't anyone remember the keg from sims 3 in which you could drink from while upside down? Kava should not be that surprising.
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    yeah im super looking forward to new food and drinks in the island living. im hoping maybe well get some new haverstables aswell?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wasn't expecting it, but I'm not upset by it. I know at least a few of my Sims will partake.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top