Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I learned that Pet Vending machines don't spawn any inventory on any lot. Meaning they aren't meant to work unless the lot is a vet clinic.
  • Options
    simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Sims laugh in their sleep if they go to bed while playful
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I switched to first person mode when my Sim was crying because his father-in-law had just died. He kept bringing up his hands to his face, and when he moved them, he flicked tears away. I never saw that before.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I didn't know that bees sting you, even when you have maximum relationship with them. Way to rain on the parade, Maxis. Pun intended.

what i hate about bees is you still get stung when wearing a suit :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Calling sadness hotline while sad removes 2 hours of the sad moodlet and gives a new, happy moodlet
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2019
    When you build a snowman, random townies can walk by and applaud your snowman if they like it.
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    When your sim jokes about toilets, their flirty moodlet goes down. πŸ˜‚
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    (This is kind of a sad one, just be warned) Lets say there's a family of, three. Three works. The kid is just a baby still. Then, one of the parents dies. When the baby ages up into a toddler, they'll be sad for two days afterwards because their parent died.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    jkuhljkuhl Posts: 2 New Member
    That the AI can recognize ownership of things in someone else's inventory (I think)

I have two sims, Lucy and Susan, who are married (and based on characters in a book I'm working on . . . in which Susan is dead but eh . . .) and recently went on a date for Love Day. Earlier in the day, Lucy gave Susan a flower to complete her Love Day objective. Later, I had Susan give it back.

While it didn't change Lucy's moodlet, there was a red heart with a minus that popped up over her head, like she knew she was getting her own flower back, which I just assumed the AI wouldn't recognize.

However, neither she nor her wife can seem to figure out that the kitchen sink is closer to their dining room table than the one in their lounge in the basement . . .
  • Options
    My townies and randomly generated outfits are starting to recognize colour schemes and actual fashion. Like black and white. Not sure about yours but...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    (This is kind of a sad one, just be warned) Lets say there's a family of, three. Three works. The kid is just a baby still. Then, one of the parents dies. When the baby ages up into a toddler, they'll be sad for two days afterwards because their parent died.

Also, Ancestor will not be sad if their descendant dies, or then my sim is just rude :confused:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: Β»
    Did you know if you have a child that is a klepto they will steal something from school. I have one and she came home with some princess doll toy I'd never seen. It had same stuff written for toddler for child but would only sit on floor and she couldn't interact with it, but still cool

It’s the debug item that your sims hold while playing in the (castle?) dollhouse.

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    For the first time in my game, my bride sim smashed a bit of cake on the groom instead of just giving him a bite like what usually happens. I had a few other unusual actions happen, but they seem really rare.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Airakale wrote: Β»
    smurfy77 wrote: Β»
    Did you know if you have a child that is a klepto they will steal something from school. I have one and she came home with some princess doll toy I'd never seen. It had same stuff written for toddler for child but would only sit on floor and she couldn't interact with it, but still cool

It’s the debug item that your sims hold while playing in the (castle?) dollhouse.

So cool, I'd wondered where it came from!
  • Options
    Your sims will get a dazed moodlet for 4 hours if they drink medicine while not sick in Get To Work. Also, in the notification and moodlet you get a somewhat small lesson on abusing medicine.... :D
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Its not something I've just learned, but its something that I found out that many don't know. Your sims can drink OJ or tea to get better if sick instead of buying medicine, they can also take an oatmeal bath.
  • Options
    If your sim while in labor goes to have birth at a hospital in GTW and has a alien baby they will have different birth certificates than normal sims.
  • Options
    I have a clumsy sim and when I had her go wash some dishes, I heard glass breaking. I never noticed that before.
  • Options
    Nakendra wrote: Β»
    Its not something I've just learned, but its something that I found out that many don't know. Your sims can drink OJ or tea to get better if sick instead of buying medicine, they can also take an oatmeal bath.

Really? I did not know about the oatmeal bath. Need to try that next time.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: Β»
    Nakendra wrote: Β»

Really? I did not know about the oatmeal bath. Need to try that next time.

Baths help ease the "Scratchy" moodlet. I guess because they sooth the skin. Works on toddlers if they have the moodlet too. I think hot baths/showers might help with the "Stuffed up" moodlet too.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I don't know the exact mechanics behind all this, but I have a sim that has the Hot-Headed and Jealous traits. Ever since he got engaged, any time a guy talks to his girl, he gets an uncomfortable moodlet and the girl looses some reputation. I don't see it on the Wiki, but it was an Uncomfortable +1 moodlet.

My sim has some possessive issues.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mermaids in Island Living can drown other sims (credit to Deligracy and her video on mermaids)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2019
    You can find presents in the mailbox during winterfest.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Options
    Some sims get a happy moodlet when eating fruitcake instead of an uncomfortable one!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2019
    Some sims get a happy moodlet when eating fruitcake instead of an uncomfortable one!

my sim didn't like Bella Goths fruitcake so I got angry at her and made her eat fruitcake for days because Bella is queen and how dare you
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top