Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many marriages?

124...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    1 marriage, happily ever after...
    I’m into the romantic Happily Ever After type.

Unless the first spouse got killed in some way, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    Other: specify in comments ♥️
    It depends on the storyline.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't usually play divorces. My widows/widowers often remarry, but they're not common enough to increase the average.

In earlier games, where jealousy was more of a thing, driving a relationship to divorce was more exciting. Now it's too much work.
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I have tried to make a black widow but Mortimer wouldn't die and I felt guilty. She ended up being a depressed, lonely writer.... Only talking to humanity when she wanted to become a vampire...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It depends on the scenario I have and the objectives I have with that particular scenario. I might have one scenario where I want my sim to have more spouses then I can even count other times I don't marry them at all. I allow for autonomous marriages with my sims as well. More often than not, surprised when a sim of mine while I am playing another household just got married to somebody and I didn't know they were dating that person.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I wish I could download MCCC on my PS4!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I choose other because I normally don't marry my sim, but it may happen so I didn't choose a number. I may do a black widow and end up super rich on day ;) with a bunch of them :D
  • VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    One.

Fidelity is the answer!
    (Plus I spent too much time by creating the perfect couple to make them divorced)
    Nothing is more important than empathy.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Generally, my sims only get married once. They usually find their soulmates but my sims have had marital issues and sometimes that results in divorce. Sometimes a sim that has been divorced never finds love again, or doesn't want to, so they just date other people. Sometimes they end up finding their soulmate the second time around.

It's just not the norm for me. Usually, my sims do all their dating before they say I do, then when they settle down, that's it for them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • TheSilentWindTheSilentWind Posts: 9 New Member
    Mostly once, can't be bothered to do divorce, haha.
  • SiomneSiomne Posts: 43 Member
    @queenvortex808 Console users wouldn't know what to do with themselves with that much power over their sims. XD I want the Sims 4 on console but I think about how limited I would be. RIP
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    2-3 marriages, marriages fail every now and then...
    Siomne wrote: »
    @queenvortex808 Console users wouldn't know what to do with themselves with that much power over their sims. XD I want the Sims 4 on console but I think about how limited I would be. RIP

I actually had it on console but was so limited I just gave up. I don’t like being super powerful at all, but the limitations were actually sad.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I'm a very family oriented player, so l always have my sims stay with their first spouse until one of them dies.
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    I did recently have a couple of exceptions, I had a sim remarry (Bailey Thorne to be exact, after his wife uh... drowned.) and had another sim divorce and marry someone else for drama purposes. But other than that sims in my games generally stay together once they've married.
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • MizzSammii3MizzSammii3 Posts: 26 Member
    2-3 marriages, marriages fail every now and then...
    I tend to pimp out my sims and make them marry for money, pop out a couple kids, kill their spouse, take their money... NEXT!
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Mostly one marriage per couple and I really don't make wedding parties. My sims just marry wherever they are when they propose.
    But I have some Sims married two or more times. It really depends, sometimes their partner dies or I feel that a couple doesn't fit together. A few times it was story related, I have no story planned but sometimes it just happens and I think its fitting for the sim, so why not.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It depends on the Sim. If they are non-committal, then marriage is not really up their alley. I may have them stay unmarried, but involved with several other Sims. Or, I may get them married, but have them start affairs. If I play a Sim with no commitment issues, I will likely get them married. But, in a game like The Sims, life as a faithful spouse is usually too predictable and boring for my liking. Moral and ethics are not my strong suit as a Sims player *smirk*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted