Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 at EA Play

Comments

• Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Really hoping the stuff pack would be cars. I hope it comes in a patch. We are still missing: university, cars.
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    I don't think cars will be a patch or a stuff pack @Jasper7702 because of the neighborhood feature, but we should be hopeful for universities!
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    This looks really good. :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    Really hoping the stuff pack would be cars. I hope it comes in a patch. We are still missing: university, cars.

It, the stuff pack is a Moschino clothing pack with a photography career - they said it during the I play thing.

The GP is a Magic one called Realm of Magic. Didn't you guys see the I Play announcement thing? That stuff was talked about.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @telmarina wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Man I wanna preorder but I’ll be out of town the 21st. I’ll be back that Monday and you can bet I’ll install it and obsess over it for days (thankful I’m off work right now).

I think for pre orders it's available the 20th. At least that's what my order says.

I just pre ordered in the UK half an hour ago :)

Does it says in the order that you can download it at the 20th? Mine says that, but maybe is an error...?

You should be able to download it before being able to play it. It's like that for pre-orders, it means you get to play right when the EP comes out and don't have to wait to download it after.

This is amazing. It's pure torture not to be able to play the nanosecond it is released ;)
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    Magic, before University. I am amazed, and so psyched! Can not wait for more info on this pack. <3
  • MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Is the surprised animation at the end of the trailer in the game? Or just "CGI" for the trailer? Because that's really well animated.

Sadly, I think it was just for the trailer. Near the beginning of the trailer there's a disclaimer at the bottom that says, "Not all images represent actual gameplay."
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Wow I'm really impressed with this pack. I love the ocean swimming, I love how we can fish from boats too and the island is gorgeous. Plus the magic GP this fall? Good times ahead.

Fishing from boats was mentioned?! Okay Im sold! o:)<3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    Same @EnjoyfulSimmer I was also sold. I'm totally getting this pack! <3
    edited June 2019

If the cars were anything but decoration they could not be in a stuff pack as adding a usable car is going to need new terrain and roads with the mechanics and programming, paints etc to make them usable and a world to put them in - for one. Right now no world in the game could have a usable car - only a statue - as the programming and usable roads are not in this game. Only FX pathing is in this game to date and Sims cannot interact with FX period. They walk right through fx - as they are not really there and are visual only to us. Playable characters do not use FX pathing period.

Stuff packs do not have the programming and animation budget to carry that kind of content - never mind add programming to the game itself for usable cars. In past games we only got cars in a stuff pack only because that programming was already in the game and game engine when the past games came out. This game has none of that.

It would need an serious update to the base game and game engine first of all to add working cars to the game - and then there is the proble with all the fx already in the game using what looks like roads - so where are they going to put more roads for usable cars anyway. They cannot to my knowledge occupy the same spot as FX pathing - so my guess would be if they add the programming to the engine and base game - then they could add cars to new worlds - that way no one present games would be destroyed to add them. But would EA okay that big of a freebie is the question - as it is huge.

ETA - I will admit I know very little about this Smart technology game engine though - and it may have editing abilities I am not aware of - so there is always that. It may possibly be easier to make those kind of changes than say a normal game engine I am more familiar with. The devs have said a few times that nothing is impossible in the Sims 4 - but they did seem Leary of if they were would get approval of doing some things or not. But believe me it is way bigger than any stuff pack -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019

I think it's safe to say University will be the next EP. I'm actually surprised it isn't coming out this year. I thought we'd be getting a Uni EP & Beach GP this year, and then magic next year. Okay, well, I'm personally extremely excited we're getting magic sooner than expected, but given that the beach is now out of the way too, I'll again bet on Uni being next (even though I was wrong the last time :joy:)
    edited June 2019
    So while I am very happy with the packs being released, I wont feel complete until we have a uni pack and a pack like FreeTime from TS2. Theres not nearly enough hobbies or fun objects & activities in this game. A pack to address dating/Romance would be the icing on the cake.
    edited June 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I think it's safe to say University will be the next EP. I'm actually surprised it isn't coming out this year. I thought we'd be getting a Uni EP & Beach GP this year, and then magic next year. Okay, well, I'm personally extremely excited we're getting magic sooner than expected, but given that the beach is now out of the way too, I'll again bet on Uni being next (even though I was wrong the last time :joy:)

The year is far from over and they only told us what was coming between April - September or so. If you saw the job listings from a few months ago on the Maxis careers boards - they were seeking some temps position for an Sims 4 ep I believe it stated that ran from June -November. So it could very well be a Uni pack in the works for the Holiday season if all goes right. No guarantee it's a Uni pack - the job listing did not hint - but it could be. Don't lose hope - and either way it's another ep.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I am excited about the realm of magic. I want to expand my gameplay style.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    I really like the stilted foundation! Can’t wait to see the CAS items
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Oh my gosh! I am way too excited for the EP to come out! Island Living? Yes, please!! <3
    Just watched the stream and I'm real touched at the fact that EA actually put in time to nail some of the Polynesian (and all Pacific Islands in general) lifestyles. I can definitely vouch that our ancestors are a huge inspirational factor and our oceans are valuable to us. So, thanks for adding that in, EA! The clothing and hairstyles look awesome!
    And MERMAIDS--eeek!! <3 I can't wait!!!
    I've got to preorder this EA pronto!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm sitting here drinking some Shasta Tiki Punch in anticipation of the new beach-y EP, happy about the upcoming Magic GP, neutral about the fully expected fashion stuff pack, and wondering when we will get usable transportation options (why just cars - add trucks, buses, subways, trains, trolleys too - existing worlds could have bus stops or subway entrances added to them for instance). I also would love to see continuing education, active daycare/preschool, and active school days added for K-12 (those of you in the US will know what I mean).

Generally for stuff packs, I don't expect anything more than modders can come up with on their own, plus one or two objects with special functionality (hacked objects). Besides, EA has a history of branded stuff packs. Of these, I think the IKEA one for Sims 2 was my favorite. (I was ALWAYS using the BILLY bookcase in my builds, and eventually got one for myself IRL.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Already preordered, between this and the realm of magic pack coming out in the fall I'll be fairly happy for a good while, it sort of renewed my faith seeing the care that was put into the content being released here.

Those two things most especially I can't wait to get into as much as possible, I'm already thinking up possible stories for one of my sim families who will be returning home to the islands come expansion time.. and I'll definitely be making some mermaids~
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

The year is far from over and they only told us what was coming between April - September or so. If you saw the job listings from a few months ago on the Maxis careers boards - they were seeking some temps position for an Sims 4 ep I believe it stated that ran from June -November. So it could very well be a Uni pack in the works for the Holiday season if all goes right. No guarantee it's a Uni pack - the job listing did not hint - but it could be. Don't lose hope - and either way it's another ep.

Aw I don't mind waiting longer tbh. I am just really looking forward to magic. Did they confirm it will come in september? I was under the impression it might be later too, just "fall", so I was guessing halloween-ish / october. But I also don't mind them squeezig in another EP of course ;)
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Hopefully University is the next expansion! But l'm hyped for Island Living & Realm of Magic!
  • OhtotaruOhtotaru Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok! But can we get vacation homes (2nd homes) now????? B)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wanted a Farming EP, but I have to say, I was impressed with what I saw. I was impressed that there seems to be more than one job. The water you walk in is really nice with all the reefs. The water animals is an awesome addition that was probably a surprise to everyone as is the volcanoes that can hopefully ooze and kill sims. Finally, lounge chairs. I liked at least one of the hairs; didn't get to see all the rest up close. Not sure about the fashion, but hopefully color choices will make it more to my liking. With all that I saw, I have to say that it felt like a complete EP and I have to say is a game changer. I was amazed and shocked by all that was in it like the volcano, the sea animals, the stuff under the water near the shore, mermaids, and the three or so jobs they offer.

I hope they add resorts & houseboats at some point, because I enjoyed making my own in the Sims3.

What I didn't see:

1. hammocks- It would be neat to sleep outside instead of inside; thinking there not there or we would've seen it
    2. if we can live on houseboats like in Sims3
    3. If there is an underwater part under the water like in the Sims3 where you actually go down deep into the ocean; I'm thinking there must be.
    4. Was message in a bottle included? There were bottles in the seaweed/nets/trash stuff
    5. Can we put the fish we catch in an aquarium?
    6. Our sims live here, but I'm assuming that infants are left at home all the time. They really should free them. with a little float boat to get in the water that toddlers can use and a small umbrella mat to sleep under while at the beach, which toddlers can also use.

I saw mermaids in CAS and I wish that they would fix it to where simmers can make any bin sim a supernatural right in CAS like in the Sims
    4. All you had to do was click on it in CAS in Sims3 and it instantly was there. I would like to take the sim I want and be able to see what it would look like as each supernatural as easy as in the Sims3 CAS. I have never understood not including that when vampires came along. I had plans of making some of my sims there vampires and uploading and I just lost all desire and excitement when I realized what you have to go through to get the sim you want to be a supernatural from the start in CAS without entering a bunch of stuff. That is too much work.
    Moschimo? Not sure about that; will just have to see how it all looks. Photography might be interesting depending on how it is done. All in all, not really excited about this, but it could change depending on how it all looks and what we can do. I do like the fact that they are adding more to stuff packs though.

Magic. Like one simmer said, at least we won't have to hear about it anymore. Didn't get that excited about all the supernaturals in the Sims3 aside from plantsims, vampires, mermaids, grim, and ghosts. I only briefly tried them, but were never very interested in them. Don't care for witches, warlocks, ect., However, Sims3 team packed it so full of so much else, that even if you didn't like them, there was other reasons to buy Supernaturals.

However, the extras in the Magic GP could make it something I would like to buy:

1. Extras like goth or similar like clothes and furnishings.
    2. Ability to have potions to speed things up or solve things like in the Sims 3- Instant best friend, bars filled, instant love ect.
    3. Build items like a secret door; portrait pictures with people whose eyes move, magic mirror
    4. Ability to have spiders, frogs, and lizards as pets. or the hand from the Addams Family movie
    5. It would be awesome if they could make a new lot trait of being scared. Now that would be cool.
    6. Potion shop like in Sims3 where you can go in and buy what you want. Didn't like how they did the Jungle adventure where you couldn't buy all you wanted in a store like with World Adventures, although I did very much like the yardsale table they use to sell it. Some people like to level up and work for stuff and some are more into getting into the story and want quick fixes. That is me. While we are on the subject of shops, I wish the grocery store existed. I loved going to the grocery store in the Sims3 and getting anything I wanted right then and there with no effort at all and I wish they had that and the potion shop like that. All in all, if it is only about witches and warlocks ect. then I won't get it without a sale, but if the extras are really nice, then I would buy it right when it comes out. Not everyone is into magic and likes realism in their games, so keeping that in mind when making all the rest of the GP might make those people want to buy if the right stuff was put into it.
    7. Maybe alternate housing like cave/rock houses - not as important as the others, but would be different.
    8. More dead or narly trees
    9. I guess being accused of being a witch and being set on fire would be past the T rating, but it would be a cool new death
    10. Having the death flower from the Sims3 back so that sims can have it in their backpack again and not die. That way, the sims you want to live in your communities won't die if you put lots of death flowers in their backpacks while the other ones eventually will.

I will say, I am extremely curious as to what this new hood will look like. I thought the hood with the vampires was really nicely done and it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope it looks mysterious, dark, with secret doors, with portraits of moving sims, and with many neat things that will on their own make the pack worth getting for those who aren't interested in supernaturals or want a realistic play.

Post edited by davina1221 on
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Going to play Sunlit Tides... with Paradise Islands expansion...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    telmarina wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Man I wanna preorder but I’ll be out of town the 21st. I’ll be back that Monday and you can bet I’ll install it and obsess over it for days (thankful I’m off work right now).

I think for pre orders it's available the 20th. At least that's what my order says.

Quick clarification here as I don't want anyone to be disappointed later ;) The date and time you will be able to download the pack depends on your timezone, but pre-ordering the pack doesn't give you access earlier.

If you visit this page you should be able to see the exact release time for your timezone.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    why such a long video :#
    27 minutes of it show nothing at all
    27 minutes of my life wasted lol :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon