Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is moschino?

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    That pics of Moschino Clothing above dont scream expensive to me and are similar to the clothing sold on my local flea market for less than 7 usd.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Hey, at least the "expensive" styled clothes in game are free. In my humble opinion, I just don't see the point in spending over £200 on a dress or shirt. And I'm mainly critical towards those who do run around wearing top brands only to flaunt their wealth, those kinds of people... I'm not a fan of them. Never will be. Not to say I don't enjoy colourful or playful fashion, but £200+ is painful.

As a heads up, yes I realise the only way I've gotten those clothes added into my game is from buying the SP/GP/EP they came from, which isn't cheap either. I'm just not buying a SP for a bunch of clothes, mainly a bunch of clothes, and a thrown in fashion photography career. Not shaming those who do as that's their happiness and choices, not mine.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    Hey, at least the "expensive" styled clothes in game are free. In my humble opinion, I just don't see the point in spending over £200 on a dress or shirt. And I'm mainly critical towards those who do run around wearing top brands only to flaunt their wealth, those kinds of people... I'm not a fan of them. Never will be. Not to say I don't enjoy colourful or playful fashion, but £200+ is painful.

As a heads up, yes I realise the only way I've gotten those clothes added into my game is from buying the SP/GP/EP they came from, which isn't cheap either. I'm just not buying a SP for a bunch of clothes, mainly a bunch of clothes, and a thrown in fashion photography career. Not shaming those who do as that's their happiness and choices, not mine.

Hmmm
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    @izecson I agree with you, the over-the-top prices I'm pretty sure are just because of the way they were created, or the material used in them. I can't think of a good reason as to why they don't actually make them look expensive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I do not pay attention to designer clothing. That is what I say is for the overly wealthy or celebrities, both of which I am not a fan. I personally refuse to pay over $100 USD for any piece of clothing. Even my IRL wedding dress was only $100 USD on sale. Maybe I am cheap, but looking at the clothing and cost was the major turn off. My guess is they bundled a career in it for more people to be tricked into purchasing it. Stuff packs are not worth the cost to me anymore, so I wait for sales.
    @Cupid listen, Cupid. Those people who run around flaunting their wealth, most of them I've run into have a snobby attitude towards others. Sure, it makes them happy, but they're rubbing it in people's faces. They're solely buying it because it's expensive, and they can afford it, yet others can't. And they KNOW others can't. These people, I've got a bunch of them running about in this little town I'm living in. They sport Adidas because they think it makes them "above" everyone else. Same with others who love being "above" everyone else. Sure, they're happy, but it's nothing I tolerate.
    Now if you're not shoving it in people's faces or thinking you're brilliant because you've got all this cash, it's fine by me.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I didn't know it was pronounced Moschino like "Mosquito", I thought it was "Mosheeno".
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I'm personally annoyed by how the name is pronounced in english :D
    I always pronounce it the russian way.

Exactly.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

It's an Italian name. So it should be pronounced like it does in Italy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Ohhh...The Sims 2 did this for H&M, and Sims 3 did it for Diesel stuff, I guess. It should be a bad sign to EA that so many people are saying "...what's moschino?", but maybe increasing name recognition is the point. I would have never heard of H&M or Diesel without The Sims...but I never think of them outside that context, so it's not that much of a win.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's an Italian name. So it should be pronounced like it does in Italy.

it just looks like a russian word. But I agree, it should be pronounced the way it is meant to be pronounced. It drives me crazy when my name is pronounced the english way. I have a regular international name but the english natives butcher it so bad.
    Ohhh...The Sims 2 did this for H&M, and Sims 3 did it for Diesel stuff, I guess. It should be a bad sign to EA that so many people are saying "...what's moschino?", but maybe increasing name recognition is the point. I would have never heard of H&M or Diesel without The Sims...but I never think of them outside that context, so it's not that much of a win.

You've never been to an H&M store? Wow.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Simpkin I agree with you about my name, basically every person that can pronounce and roll their r's can pronounce my name, by English speakers can't, I have to teach them how to roll their r's. >.<
    I also agree that the Moschino Pack should be pronounced how it was meant to be pronounced!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Well, my problem is that my game is flooded with objects and clothes that I hardly ever use. Not because they are bad, but because I need only so many. That's also the reason why I will hesitate adding any packs in the future. Menus get too long, I no longer get a good overview, and to me honest, there are quite a few almost identical items when you have a great number of packs. So - not getting this one unless I can't live without whatever it will offer :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    @Cupid listen, Cupid. Those people who run around flaunting their wealth, most of them I've run into have a snobby attitude towards others. Sure, it makes them happy, but they're rubbing it in people's faces. They're solely buying it because it's expensive, and they can afford it, yet others can't. And they KNOW others can't. These people, I've got a bunch of them running about in this little town I'm living in. They sport Adidas because they think it makes them "above" everyone else. Same with others who love being "above" everyone else. Sure, they're happy, but it's nothing I tolerate.

I guess I think a bit differently. I never really assume that anybody is wearing something just to make everyone else jealous? I mean I'm sure there are people who do that, but people do that with a lot of things apart from their clothes. They do it with their houses, their furniture, their cars, their lifestyles, etc. I don't really see why it suddenly becomes unacceptable in regards to clothing. And if the reason I'm supposed to disagree with the pack is because it enables some type of egocentric lifestyle.. eh. There are a lot of things in the game already which could potentially do the same (and who's to say I couldn't find a sim who would suit that kind of thing, anyway?)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have one golden rule and if poeple actually started listening its simple, A group does not control you what you wear does not define you, only the actions you do and take effect how others see you. Define yourself above the groups and all they groups will respect you, and you as a individual are more unique than any group, outfit or the inaction of others.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited June 2019
    @izecson wrote: »
    That pics of Moschino Clothing above dont scream expensive to me and are similar to the clothing sold on my local flea market for less than 7 usd.

moschino-hp-gq-25oct18_b.jpg

moschino-hm-event-6-imaan-hammam.jpg

This probably screams more expensive. :p Their (Moschino's) colab with H&M.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, well that is one reason i would not want to be a celberity in real life. Why do I want all my actions and decisions followed up by mass fan base and redioulously expensive outfits that take 7 to 8 hours to get into and hair that takes days to do, just for a few photo shoots with fans before you have to take 8 to hours to take it all off to get into your 7 to 8 hour hair or makeup costume for a movie or play that is being made or aired live. That is really overkill.

Edit: I am just thankful my sims can be famous without that extra layer of expansive clothing.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    @Cupid - I never said you couldn't get this stuff pack because of it promoting an egotistical lifestyle... go for it.
  • auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    It is a sponsor deal like Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats and Diesel stuff pack, and I think the feedback was mostly uninterested back then too. It’ll probably be the same but this time it’s a brand not many people have heard of and many can’t/don’t want to buy their clothes IRL.
    edited June 2019
    auginstine wrote: »
    It is a sponsor deal like Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats and Diesel stuff pack, and I think the feedback was mostly uninterested back then too. It’ll probably be the same but this time it’s a brand not many people have heard of and many can’t/don’t want to buy their clothes IRL.

You people really never heard of Moschino? Have you heard of Versace? Gucci? Doce&Gabbana?

They are all italian luxury fashion brands.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    You people really never heard of Moschino? Have you heard of Versace? Gucci? Doce&Gabbana?

I have at least heard of Gucci if that makes you feel better. o:)

Hey. I live in Europe and had hardly heard of it. I knew the name but didn't know what it was. To me it was something to do with cars as the name suggests :D as I said before the name to me sounds russian and I know a little russian.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I heard of Moschino for the first time when the Sims partnered with then a few weeks ago, but I still don't really know what it was until now. The other ones you've listed I'm pretty sure I've heard the names of, but I don't think I've seen them before. I don't really follow fashion stuff