Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I give up :(

mazhylismazhylis Posts: 85 Member
Hello,

For about 1 year I cannot play S4 because it keeps crashing,as I have something wrong with my mods. I usually get last exception when my sim at work/school and i choose to work hard, shortly after game crashes (been like that always). I've had so many crashes that cannot play and I'm very sad about that. What I did is to try to solve is follow the old way, 50/50. I divided mod and cc into folders, I took out each one by one, re-entered game and tested and that did not help at all,. I tried TS4 mod conflict, no help, I tried reader (https://lastexception.com/) NO HELP AS IT IS UNKNOWN!. I even tried TwistedMexi's better exceptions, I tried discord server about LA , but there were too many people and i left being ignored in the end. STILL NO SOLUTION. :( Recently I found out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 been really screwing my game, so i took them out, did not help with that issue either :((.
I AM SO DESPERATE I NEED HELP :s . I have no idea what causes to get that least exeption and then probably make my game crash.
I would be very grateful to get help and solve this mysterious last exception.
Thank you !

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is your game updated to the latest version?

When you play the game with no mods does the issue remain?

Have you tried repairing your game?
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Updated to latest version.

Game works fabulous without mods.

I have tried few times.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    have you got updated mods
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

I updated everything I could, as mods are named by folders.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    mazhylis wrote: »

I have tried few times.

It could be several mods causing the problem.

The last time I had a problem I did the 50/50, found a mod that was causing the problem, put all the rest of the mods back and then the problem was back. Turns out I had to do the 50/50 again and there was another mod causing the problem. Individually the mods worked on their own but they were conflicting to install them both together. I had to only choose and use one.
  • Options

I have tried few times.

It could be several mods causing the problem.

The last time I had a problem I did the 50/50, found a mod that was causing the problem, put all the rest of the mods back and then the problem was back. Turns out I had to do the 50/50 again and there was another mod causing the problem. Individually the mods worked on their own but they were conflicting to install them both together. I had to only choose and use one.

That is an idea I did not think about, will do that thanks !
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    also, be sure to clear your cache folder and delete your localthumbcache.package file (it can hold temporary information on Mods you have deleted and cause problems)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member

You might have conflicting mods. Pull out all the mods and install one by one until you get a LE, then you'll know which mod is the conflict. If you have any mods that have similar functions that might also be your issue.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    also, be sure to clear your cache folder and delete your localthumbcache.package file (it can hold temporary information on Mods you have deleted and cause problems)

I delete cache always , folders are empty :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Ok, I found what was conflicting, BUT THE GAME STILL CRASHES
    Goth583 wrote: »

You might have conflicting mods. Pull out all the mods and install one by one until you get a LE, then you'll know which mod is the conflict. If you have any mods that have similar functions that might also be your issue.

I found the issue about he LA.
    And 🐸🐸🐸🐸 animations were causing the crash.
    50/50 is super long,but effective way . thanks
    Post edited by mazhylis on
  • Options
    Update: nope did not help, played a little bit, still got a crash . I'm so done omg
  • Options
    Have you downloaded any CC recently? CC objects in particular?
  • Options
    Have you downloaded any CC recently? CC objects in particular?

As i have this issue for very long time, I didnt play much , so my last downloads were basemental drugs/alcohol. cc objects i did not download for very long time
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    You should post the LE here.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    You should post the LE here.

I fixed LE. now i keep getting crashes :( i played now, tried to save, because kept testing what causes crash, and got crash xs
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Since your game is unplayable, I would recommend moving out ALL of the content in the mods folder and then reset the entire sims 4 folder in documents. Then download the mods you want to use, and make sure they are all updated for the latest version of the game.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Since your game is unplayable, I would recommend moving out ALL of the content in the mods folder and then reset the entire sims 4 folder in documents. Then download the mods you want to use, and make sure they are all updated for the latest version of the game.

I second this. I had a crash once that kept happening on a particular lot and I had to move the sims out in order for it to stop.
  • Options
    EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    You also mentioned your CC is in folders- is your hierarchy correct with your script mods? Whenever I couldn't make sense of all my LE it was because I was frustrated and just wanted to play my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game. I also just couldn't play it vanilla. Like previously suggested, you've probably got 2 mods conflicting AND something is outdated . It might help to post your LE here anyway , fresh eyes might find your problem
  • Options
    You also mentioned your CC is in folders- is your hierarchy correct with your script mods? Whenever I couldn't make sense of all my LE it was because I was frustrated and just wanted to play my plum game. I also just couldn't play it vanilla. Like previously suggested, you've probably got 2 mods conflicting AND something is outdated . It might help to post your LE here anyway , fresh eyes might find your problem

They found the issue with the LE already, but the game is still crashing. Its likely the lot is corrupt.
  • Options
    You also mentioned your CC is in folders- is your hierarchy correct with your script mods? Whenever I couldn't make sense of all my LE it was because I was frustrated and just wanted to play my plum game. I also just couldn't play it vanilla. Like previously suggested, you've probably got 2 mods conflicting AND something is outdated . It might help to post your LE here anyway , fresh eyes might find your problem

They found the issue with the LE already, but the game is still crashing. Its likely the lot is corrupt.

I actually tested anther family and happened same. Then i went to another game (save) and was working fine. I think my current game has problems.
  • Options

Sorry to ask dumb question,but how to reset ?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Re. the cache, it's not a folder that needs deleting. It's the file called localthumbcache.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    You have stated "Game works fabulous without mods".

As far as I know, I have an experience on creating some CC objects, if the object tuning (i.e. the way how you want a sim to use/react-to it) is wrong, the game will crash. To be honest, some creators are careless on how they made various mods because of time constraint (well everyone got a job to earn money, isn't it?). To reset the game, click repair on Origin application.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    You have to find out which mod that does the crashing, make another folder called "inactive mods" and then move the mods you suspect are doing the crashing and start the game up and see if it still crashes. You probably have to try doing this with different saves as you could have a corrupted save. Best way is to load to an older save where you know the game was stable.

Some tips: Outdated heavy script mods that does large changes to your game can cause crashes, these can be MCCC, UI Cheats, or Sacrificials mods for example.
    Mods that does changes to the lots or can definitely cause crashes, you have a mod that adds a modded lot to the game, the game updates and the mod stops working, the game will crash if you will try to load the lot.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Sorry to ask dumb question,but how to reset ?
    @mazhylis Follow the instructions here.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---