Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was anyone else hoping that the announcement...

would include "Hey Simmers! We really listened to you guys, and have decided that you do not have to pay UnSimly amounts of money to 'rent' the game (and small packs)... You guys (simmers) actually own your games (because it's a normal thing). We also are releasing a completely bug-free game/ packs from now on!... We also listened to your huge disappointment in releasing a DLC for a DLC (the embarrassing "My first pets stuff" incident).... And one last HUGE surprise.. the "motherlode" (*crowd laughs)... We have been making these tiny TS4 games/packs in order to work on fixing alllll the issues in TS3 (and TS4 for those who prefer it), and you are all getting a (free) update!"

Anyone else??.... Just me? :D:*

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    no, not particularly
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Hmm... so not a fan of bug-free games, which you paid for- and should own, that are reasonably priced?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    Hmm... so not a fan of bug-free games, which you paid for- and should own, that are reasonably priced?
    Well that just isn’t possible. The game is too massive for no bugs to slip in no matter how much play testing they do. Computer specs can cause bugs too and they can’t test on every computer possible. Bugs are inevitable in almost all video games. It is just how it is. That isn’t going to change.

And honestly I doubt they will ever change prices, it isn’t up to the devs anyway that’s on EA. Origin has so many sales anyway that you can get the games cheaper at least once a month.

So no I’m not bothered by any of it. I pay and know bugs are possible and that I get a lot of FREE updates that at least attempt to fix many.

Sure. Let's go with that.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It never even crossed my mind, tbh. I've been playing video games for decades -- never saw one without bugs. Even Stardew Valley has bugs.
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    Honestly, I'm a little confused. How do I not own my copy of TS4? What do you mean by
    would include "Hey Simmers! We really listened to you guys, and have decided that you do not have to pay UnSimly amounts of money to 'rent' the game (and small packs)... You guys (simmers) actually own your games (because it's a normal thing). We also are releasing a completely bug-free game/ packs from now on!... We also listened to your huge disappointment in releasing a DLC for a DLC (the embarrassing "My first pets stuff" incident).... And one last HUGE surprise.. the "motherlode" (*crowd laughs)... We have been making these tiny TS4 games/packs in order to work on fixing alllll the issues in TS3 (and TS4 for those who prefer it), and you are all getting a (free) update!"

As far as I'm aware they cannot revoke my copy of the game, regardless of what I do. Unless you mean how we need the origin launcher to launch the game in which case I'd say I'm not a fan but most games these days have some sort of a launcher so I may just be old and craggly and dislike change.

Bug-Free will never happen. There is a problem in the gaming industry where large companies push out a game and then have an absolutely massive patch the following day(s) to bug-fix very common and game breaking bugs, but The Sims has never really needed that. Bugs are very hard to fix if they can't be replicated and a lot of bugs I've encountered in TS4 have been random.

We can have Bug-Resistant!! but I doubt we'll ever get to "bug-free".

Prices I always have a problem with but I'm also in college working at a bookstore so I scoff at my grocery bill sometimes. Shrug.
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Only you and me or is that you and I. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think the OP is referring to those of us who do own the game, rather than those who pay the subscription price for Origin Access and play the game that way.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I just wanted a new occult to be honest. Now we know of one, and at least one more is on the way!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I was actually hoping the announcements are not just for new contents, but rework of some of the game's mechanics or even game's engine.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, Bugs do get by quality control but what is annoying is how long it takes to fix them and some bugs never get fixed and if bug squashing takes an very long time I do not see that as something that I can look past. Of course some people tend to overlook these problems when something new is being released and then it matters after the product is released knowing it is the same cycle over and over again. I also cannot get over game breaking bugs as that means I will not get to enjoy what I paid for.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Yes, Bugs do get by quality control but what is annoying is how long it takes to fix them

Pretty much this. I don't expect anything to get released "bug-free" as the OP puts it. But the rate at which they're fixing them is indeed abysmal.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Let me be clear.. Bug-free means that the devs were given (and actually took) appropriate time to play the game (unrushed), and that they released it with their best possible efforts given to making sure that it was not something that players (who paid way too much money) were not testing (because that is what is happening... if one reads the boards/issues)... ie: spending hours attempting to play, and finding issues - which then have to be reported (and engage in trouble shooting). You just need look at the EA HQ 'Technical issues' and 'Bug Reports', where you will see well over 40,000 subjects (this is not even counting the people who are asked to click "Me too", rather than making a 'new report')... The bugs are far too common.

I would be interested in knowing how many people are in their QC, how long those people take to do their QC, TS4 franchise's financial reports, and their overall employee count (dedicated TS4).

I wouldn't have an issue, if I were a bazillionaire, in helping a beloved franchise (assisting with revenue so they can develop the game, by purchasing games- which is still needing a lot of testing, gameplay for QC, etc.). I do find it unethical to create hype, encourage people to purchase an iffy game, and have paying players doing what should be done by the team (a good amount of of play through of the product- reporting bugs, reworking game mechanics, etc.). There is a difference in releasing a game- knowing that it needs a lot more playthrough and work, and being truthful- and asking for assistance (where it's needed)... Something which is a rather easy fix: give games to people who are willing to devote proper (quality) time to play through, and fix the issues- then release it for paying consumers.

Lastly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting quality. There is no need to make players feel bad for standing up to unethical production, and no need to admonish people for asking that the franchise fix serious issues.

A side note is that when you purchase the game, you are not actually purchasing it... You are purchasing a license to play- which they could technically revoke. I am fine with knowing that this would only be applied in cases involving hacking, or piracy where the pirates are making money from such activities- but, given the trust issues that many players have encountered with EA, I am suspicious of how they will use that caveat.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Since it seems the guru dont lurk on the forum anymore, my suggestions are probably never been read, it would help them though if they add an option for beta testing the sims 4, weeks prior the patch going live.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not in particular. :# And no game is totally 'bug-free'.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Unfortunately no game manufacturer can influence OS makers like Microsoft and Apple not to upgrade their OS's and make their games unplayable on them. EA was forced to remove DRM for Windows 10. All games have their time and get left behind eventually.

I've got several games I can't play without difficulty now, licence or no licence. "The Sims" and old DOS games can't be played without emulators and such. I keep old laptops offline so I can play them, so that way I do "own" them..
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Bug free games don't exist. And simulation games like the Sims will always be especially prone to them and it will always take some time to fix them, simply because it takes the devs such a long amount of time finding out exactly what they need to do to make the bugs happen. However I think they've rarely made as many efforts fixing them as they do on this iteration. That doesn't take away from the fact that some are annoying as hell when they do happen but yeah.

To the original question: no.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I think the prices are okay in sims 4. Could be worse and have micro transactions and I actually like my first pet stuff and I wish there was more dlc for dlc so we could get extensions to things that didn’t necessarily fit into the finished expansion. But it’s all personal opinion.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've not had much faith in the bug fixing department ever since Sims 3 was left in the state it ended up in by the end of its run.

Bugs are one thing, but fundamental errors in scripting and sloppy code are another.

More new content, more bugs that could take Maxis aeons to sort out (if they do at all) and more bloat. I sincerely hope it doesn't resemble 3 after these next few years.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I was just hoping for features and packs people actually requested instead of being forced fed agenda and getting packs no one ever asked for like Moschino.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    You don't have to pay for the DLC if you don't want it. What are you going on about renting?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    That is correct, I don't have to pay for dlc that I don't want... I am also able to discuss the issues that I find unethical, and make comments so that other (potential) purchasers are aware of what, exactly, they are to expect. There is also no 'going on about' anything. I made a comment, and explained it. That's not going on about it. And, again, no need to admonish people for asking that the franchise fix serious issues.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Wait, so, ... we’re all cool and understanding about bugs now? *pinches herself* *nope, not dreaming*
    5JZ57S6.png
    Not sure what you mean with your comment.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    I was actually hoping the announcements are not just for new contents, but rework of some of the game's mechanics or even game's engine.

I think the game's engine will change in June's patch. Remember the 32bit and 64bit thing.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/