Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The prospect of using Sulani as a vacation world

2...Next

Comments

• jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love to live in San Myshuno. I'd like to stay in a resort/hotel while in Sulani. Or at least rent or buy a vacation home.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Well I'd like both. Different situations apply to different Sims. I can see certain Sims living there and others visiting every now and then. Options is the best option.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love that is a residential world.

Back in TS3, and despite all the bugs, my favourite world to play in was Isla Paradiso. I liked that it wasn't given the vacation treatment and it made it feel inclusive in many ways. Not everyone irl lives in suburban America, and Sims should have the chance to live in as many diverse places as possible.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have no strong preference, can work with either. I'm kind of excited that they chose a fresh approach of living on the island instead of just vacationing.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    id give it a try. i mostly sim in magnolia or whatever that place is called. i like having my own town. but ill try both
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    I mean, they could technically make it BOTH a vacation spot and a place you can live at, that solves all the problems.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Gguy wrote: »
    I mean, they could technically make it BOTH a vacation spot and a place you can live at, that solves all the problems.

Yes, there could have been an option to have both. That is why hotels would have been helpful. However, it looks like we may not be getting hotels in this pack.

Bummer.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am glad we can actually live there.

We can also just choose to visit lots like in any other world if we don't want to live there or cheat and use retail, animal hospitals like a house and make it almost like a second home (I did that before with vampires who worked as Veterinarians. Didn't want to always go back and forth, so I had a place that was both work and home. They can sleep when closed or just keep other sims out until they were ready to work again. Since they had kids, also had plenty of things for them to do as well. Worked out pretty well.

Be nice if there was a hotel we can manage like that, but you can sort of fake it depending on how you set up the lot. If sims aren't working or taking the day off or have their own business, they can stay around as long as they wanted. So it works.

Sims 2 and 3 could just world hope as we can in Sims 4, can only travel to certain worlds.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I'm planning to both live and vacation there. I hope to put a hotel with Kawaii Stacie's Hotels & Resorts mod. I can't wait for this pack! The scenery is beautiful and it looks to have lots to do!
  • GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member
    Well, that's simple. Make the vacation home a retail store and buy it. And thats it. You have your house in Willow Creek and your vacation home in Sulani.

Ridiculous. They managed to pull it off in TS3, they certainly can take the time (I'm wagering it wouldn't take that long) to code in the ability to buy a vacation home.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    If I had to choose one, I would rather the option to live there. I will get more use out of it that way. However, I would like to see them add in the option to purchase multiple houses.

My workaround depends on the sim in question. If they want to stay in a traditional hotel, I will create a restaurant lot, with a front desk area and bedrooms upstairs. Then use the club system to put my family into a club, and assign one of the bedroom doors to that club. If they want to purchase a vacation home then I will buy a retail lot. If they want to rent a home, I will make one of the pre-made houses a generic lot and have them stay there.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ehm how about both? See my other thread in this section.
    The devs could have easily implanted a hotel lot and owning residential lots in this EP. It is an EP for god sake. They have had this chance since the beginning with these vacation worlds and yet, they do not add such a simple feature in.
    I mean, we do not know for sure, but I am sure they would have promoted if they had put these in by now.

Its nice and all, but exactly.. what else do we get? What changes are made in the basegame through this EP. I truly wonder.