Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5... For or against and reason

Comments

• CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    I would be for a Sims 5 if they made it just like the Sims 3 but with the Sims 4 CAS and graphics. I had every TS3 pack that I bought before I had an origin account and have lost all of the original CD's and even after re-purchasing the base game it will not open on my laptop so now I can only play TS4. I love it but I miss TS3 vacations, tanning, university and overall gameplay therefore I would absolutely love if the Sims 5 came out and had similar aspects to 3.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm not ready for TS5 yet, so I'm glad they have more years of content planned for TS4. To me, TS4 doesn't feel completed yet and there's so much more that I'd love to see implemented in the game before they move on to TS5.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I wouldn't buy it in a heartbeat as I did with 4. I was missing playing the game cause I wasn't able to play 3 anymore in my pc. But I don't say I wouldn't buy it at all though :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I am hoping for a sims5 because hopefully that game will be easier to make content for and update, the sims4 while being a great game seems like a game that the developers are struggling to make content for and they also seem to have trouble going back and fixing bugs. A more stable engine could perhaps help them with that.

Some features that they could add to the sims4 would also probably work better in a new engine, while I really want cars for the sims4 I have to agree that it would be more fun if we could drive them in an open world as well, something that will never happen in the sims4.

That said, I still hope they will support the game for at least one or two more years, and not leave it with unfixed bugs and missing content.
  • bigzeroloserbigzeroloser Posts: 1 New Member
    Going fully 3D was a huge leap. 3D takes enormous computing power, but computers are constantly being improved. A TS5 with improved 3D would be cool. Maybe more realistic characters and less cartoony.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I don't think The Sims 5 will be out for at least another two years.
    I'm honestly believing that the overall consensus is that there should be a continuation of the Sims series with a Sims 5 BUT that it should not be "next year" as the rumors keep insisting. I agree with most everyone here that S4 has so much greater potential o be explored before we embark on a new adventure. I would love to see the Sims 4 completely "fleshed out" so to say with everything that we have asked for. There are so many game updates patches and packs that could be brought into play with S4 that I would hate to see the potential in the game go to waste. In the end I'll be just like every other die hard Simmer and I'll be pre-ordering and eagerly waiting when they do decide to release the next chapter on our wild ride. Let's hope it starts out half as good as the last 4 have ended.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    No thank you - TS4 will be the last one I spend my money on

Probably me too. Probably not for the same reason! I'm too old to go through all this again.

Just make Sims 4 enough new packs to get what those who like it want and sort out any bugs before selling any new one is all I ask.
  • katzsimovichkatzsimovich Posts: 15 New Member
    I'd honestly just rather see the sims 4 get "finished" first. there's still so many things missing from the current game that it would be unwise for them to jump ship now
    I saw someone posted about a Farming expansion pack. I think it would be fun to allow Sims to raise farm animals.
    logion wrote: »
    I am hoping for a sims5 because hopefully that game will be easier to make content for and update, the sims4 while being a great game seems like a game that the developers are struggling to make content for and they also seem to have trouble going back and fixing bugs. A more stable engine could perhaps help them with that.

Some features that they could add to the sims4 would also probably work better in a new engine, while I really want cars for the sims4 I have to agree that it would be more fun if we could drive them in an open world as well, something that will never happen in the sims4.

That said, I still hope they will support the game for at least one or two more years, and not leave it with unfixed bugs and missing content.

I liked The Sims 3 because it combined cartoony graphics with realistic ones.
    Going fully 3D was a huge leap. 3D takes enormous computing power, but computers are constantly being improved. A TS5 with improved 3D would be cool. Maybe more realistic characters and less cartoony.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can't see myself buying number 5 anytime soon. I really like 4 and could spend many many many hours for many years still on it creating stories and stuff and I only have so much time in the day so I don't see the point I'm paying a bunch of money to start again. Plus I see a lot of people saying they hope it goes more to a Sims 2 or 3 style which I didn't really enjoy those ones I like Sims 4 better both gameplay-wise and graphic wise. But, after many years if the game went on a really good sale like Sims 4 has been doing now maybe I would consider it. It would have to be like a totally different style game though for me to consider spending money on something that I already feel like I have with Sims 4. I also do have Sims 2 ultimate but I rarely play it haha. It just can't hold my interest like Sims 4 does
  • Pi_AmazingnessPi_Amazingness Posts: 23 Member
    I’m not concerned about whether the next releases are Sims 4 or Sims 5. I’m just afraid to spend more money after the Pets expansion was such... let’s just say it was special in its own way. ~_~
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    > @agelessangel76 said:
    > I've seen a lot of discussions lately on whether or not there is a Sims 5 due to be released and if so when. Here's my thing. I would rather NOT have a Sims 5 and instead just update and "flesh out" Sims 4. My reason.... I had legacy families on the previous Sims that I wish I could have just continued playing with instead of it being a COMPLETELY separate and different game. And while I do still play those when I am in the mood to jump back to the previous Sims versions it would be so much easier to just continue playing without having to start over with each new generation of the game. So I would rather Sims 4 be updated fleshed out more EPs and GPs than have to restart ALL over again with a completely new game. Then you have to go through the whole thing again of waiting and waiting for things to be added to the game. There are SOOOO many things that could be added into Sims 4 that would completely change the game play. Or even have a way to "bridge" our save games into the new generation. What are your thoughts?

I would rather not have Sims 5. After puchasing all of the packs for Sims 4 it gets pretty expensive and I am not likely to start all over on a new game. I would much rather updating on Sims 4 and continuing with new packs like Apartments where you can actually build your own rather than just editing within current ones. There are so many items/expansions that can be added to Sims 4.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @agelessangel76 I fully agree. I definitely want at least University and Into the Future to come to TS4 before we move on, IF we move on.
  • salemdexingsalemdexing Posts: 47 Member
    im all for the sims 5!! in fact i cant wait for something new as well!! i feel like the sims 4 is missing some things but idk what it lacks so major graphic upgrades and the ability to travel in an open world THATS what will keep users interested!! :smiley: Also IS there an official sims 5 trailer? ive seen tons of vids on youtube about the sim 5 maybe a trailer but im not sure does one even exist??
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    TS4’s engine was never really built to do a lot of things that people want so personally I would prefer if they started to aim for TS5. You can’t polish a poop, time to move on imo.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2019
    Against. Unless Sims 5 is a modern version of Sims 3 (like how Sims 4 is a modern version of Sims 2), I'm not interested. Someone once said to me "there already is a game with open world", coincidentally ignoring there are three games with a closed world.

But I really think Sims 4 needs to be last of the series.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm neutral. It's coming rather we want it or not. I don't care either way. I just want them to fill in all of the missing content for part 4.
    I hope part 5 is good because I love the sims but I'm not going put all of my hope and dreams into something I have no clue how it's going to turn out. Plus in 2019 everybody is cutting corners and selling games in bits and pieces with DLC.
    it's the reason I stopped playing playstation. I use to earn fighters in the game now you have to purchase them in DLC. You end up spending over a hundred for one game I use to pay like 30 for.

Heck I can't even find a decent phone game that doesn't beg for money to win or get something.
    And this extends all the way to cheap clothes, cheap food with cheap ingredients these days, crappy movies with amazing visuals but not depth or story to it etc etc.
    That's the direction everything is headed so I have no faith in sims5 and won't be disappointed either way. If it's good I'll buy it. If not I'll either play the other sims or do other hobbies.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited November 2019
    If they’re not going to bother trying to bridge the divide between two fan-bases and only listen to one-side then Sims 5 will receive the same reception 4 did.

If neither side is willing to compromise on what they want then it’s better that the series dies a quick death.

If one side is going to try to stifle the other then the other side is going to dig their heels in and I’ve got fifty years of experience being stubborn; just ask @Featherbelle, my wife.

EA? if yoy’re going the cartoon route, with TS5; count me out. Just give us TS3r’s a 64 bit framework so we can continue to play “OUR” game the way we want to. Surely that’s not too much to ask for?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • kora2daykora2day Posts: 20 Member
    I would rather they just keep up with the Sims 4 and not come out with a Sims 5 anytime soon. I love my sims and their homes and their stories, I don't want to have to make new ones, I would rather they just work on the problems on sims 4.
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    Sorry I"ve been away from the discussion for so long! Promotion at work bought a new house and just life in general has really gotten into the way of my gameplay! I'm so glad to see so many still voicing their opinion on this topic! Honestly if EA were to actually read and pay attention to these forums they might make themselves a little money and save themselves some headache lol. I"m still of the consensus that there is way to much that could be added to Sims 4 before we jump ship and move to the next level. While ultimately I"m a die hard Simmer and even though I haven't been playing as much I"ve kept up with all of the patches and packs put out I know I"ll jump right in and still buy Sims 5 when it is eventually released if it is. I"m hoping that we are listened to however and that there are changes such as the open world, cars, and being able to bring our legacy families along for the ride! I own every Sims game that is out from the very beginning and I"m not to sure I could resist the temptation to keep my collection going. Be sure to add me on Origin Agelessangel76 and thanks for all the wonderful insight into what is ultimately our addiction lol. Happy Simming!
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • AlexaniaAlexania Posts: 19 Member
    I like new things so I'm excited for Sims 5 from a "I wanna see what they can do with a fresh start!" point of view.

There's certain things you just can't fix once the core framework's been built and starting from scratch allows you to revamp / redo / implement a lot of things that wasn't possible previously.

A big example of this would be NPC autonomy and consequently the simulation aspect of Sims. A lot of the systems built in currently, kind of rely on the fact that unplayed NPCs aren't going to do much. I know MCCC does it, but mods can get away with less... complete implementation than what you'd expect from core gameplay.

So yeah, that's what I'm hoping for in Sims 5, an upgrade on world simulation and gameplay. If it's just a bigger, prettier dollhouse simulator, I'm going to be sad.

I also reckon we have at least another year on 4, probably two.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Saying Sims4 needs to be the last one, is essentially wishing for the death of the franchise. So of course I hope there will be a Sims5!

I don't want a future in which TheSims is a thing of the past!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • agelessangel76agelessangel76 Posts: 63 Member
    Saying Sims4 needs to be the last one, is essentially wishing for the death of the franchise. So of course I hope there will be a Sims5!

I don't want a future in which TheSims is a thing of the past!

Yeah I think I would be pretty dang lonely at night without hearing my little Sims and their lovely Simlish lol. My husband works nights I work days they keep me company lol
    My husband thinks I'm crazy.....But I'm not the one that married me
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    For me sims5 is a go since i am kind of ready to move on to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(