Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 at EA Play

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I swear this pack is so amazing! They finally steped it up! Mermaids are a full on Occult now! And so much better then in TS3. Wow

Wonder how many of the improvements can be credited to being full 64-bit rather than having to support 32-bit as well.

Opening the water for one thing was helped by 64 bit in a non-open world game. The best 32 bit could do in this environment before was teleport a boat or use boats our sims could not interact with in FX. Just the fact any of the world could be opened I am sure needed the 64 bit for smooth play and not be choppy like Sims 3 was at times as 64 bit can use lots of ram and not run dry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I just pre ordered this as I am so pumped for this pack :)

Did you you pre ordered from the sims store? Or somewhere else?

Hm you should be able to in Origin. Try completely turning Origin off and back on again, that usually works :)

It's done! Pre ordered! Super happy!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    WITCHES <3<3<3

Yes, I squealed. I did. My boyfriend turned up his headset and is currently pretending I don't exist but WITCHES. #faint

My husband came into the room to find out why I yelled and was clapping, lol. :D

I'm so right there with you! <3

Hahaha :D Geeking out over a magic expansion :love::love:

The wait is still so long, but at least we finally know when it's ending <3
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SimTrippy

aww this is the first time I have pre-ordered a 4 pack to come out that I have been so excited about but I love IP in the 3 series as well . I love your Avi by the way as I like strangerville and despite having the hero resolve the towns problems when I play now I play with the town infected and my story sims around that but Island life is defo gonna trump that one lol I hope you manage to play a little before you have to go back to work :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm so happy that we can build houses above water. I'm going to build great modern houses above water!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So much great stuff coming up, absolutely amazing. I am really glad I took the time to watch! I wanted an Island/Tropical pack for such a long time and it looks like they've added a lot of new ideas. And even the Moschino stuff pack sounds interesting with the new fashion photography career. And the magic pack coming in fall (which obviously means witches) - they were not lying about this possibly being the best year ever!

The fashion photographer career could bring some nice improvements to photography in general with the pre-pack patch; I'm sure more details will be forthcoming once they figure out the release date.

This year could top 2017 (which brought the Toddler patch, Vampires, and Parenthood along with other cool stuff). Sounds like June 18th is going to be the pre-pack patch date, as well as the Pride stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yay!!!! Love it. Now have 2 things to look forward to. Island Living and Realm of Magic. They said it would be an awesome year for the Sims and they were right...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Did you guys notice how sims could jump from the foundation right onto the water? Pretty neat!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The fashion photographer career could bring some nice improvements to photography in general with the pre-pack patch; I'm sure more details will be forthcoming once they figure out the release date.

This year could top 2017 (which brought the Toddler patch, Vampires, and Parenthood along with other cool stuff). Sounds like June 18th is going to be the pre-pack patch date, as well as the Pride stuff.

That's a very good point!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I missed the stream. Is it likely to be posted on youTube or anything?
    I'm pre-ordering this tomorrow! It looks amazing!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Just a small detail but I love the white sunglasses one baywatch girl had. :)
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I swear this pack is so amazing! They finally steped it up! Mermaids are a full on Occult now! And so much better then in TS3. Wow

Wonder how many of the improvements can be credited to being full 64-bit rather than having to support 32-bit as well.

Opening the water for one thing was helped by 64 bit in a non-open world game. The best 32 bit could do in this environment before was teleport a boat or use boats our sims could not interact with in FX. Just the fact any of the world could be opened I am sure needed the 64 bit for smooth play and not be choppy like Sims 3 was at times as 64 bit can use lots of ram and not run dry.

I know you understand the mechanics of the sims games so well as you have tested so many game series and I wondered when they changed from 32bit to 64 if they would be able to open up more opportunities for better play in the 4 series that reiterates more with the players that are used to the 2&3 series? I still frequently play 2&3 but looking at this new pack I am starting to hope/feel they may be catching up?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @telmarina awesome! Happy to hear. Will do that too soon!

@SPARKY1922 I still really like Strangerville :D As a matter of fact, now that I finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn, I managed to start playing the military base I'd been wanting to play for a while now. So I'm actually having a LOT of fun thanks to Strangerville xD
    7hkycG1.png
    2VtiPfo.png

But agreed! The EP will definitely trump that (& magic even more <3). Super hyped about how the water looks for that matter, I'm just totally ready to jump in lol. Not long now! And hey, I'll be playing for at least 3 whole days before going back to work so there's that :D Hope you'll have loads of fun with it!
    edited June 2019
    Is the surprised animation at the end of the trailer in the game? Or just "CGI" for the trailer? Because that's really well animated.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2019
    Island Living sounds good. Mermaids! The new world looks nice. But I'm most excited about Realm of Magic! Yessss finally!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    The expansion looks great but I was most excited when they announced the magic game pack. I hope we get to use ingredients and make some cool things like we did back in Makin' Magic. It's probably asking too much but the return of dragons would be awesome.
    iscQh5U.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I loved everything. I'm really impressed with the hairs, the water activities, the volcano, the bb items.
    When they announced the Moschino stuff pack I was like that I won't buy. But then they say part time as fashion photographer. Omg I love it! There's so much, the fact that sims can lay on a towel, dive from the deck... So much! I'm pre ordering it now!

I wonder if you could have a fashion photographer paired with a stylist -- that could be a cool household to play. B)
    Erja888 wrote: »
    No more simming for me this year I guess.
    I am playing (kind of) rotationally and Cassandra Goth's teenage twins (Jael Corona and her brother Cornelius) are ready to go to college/university.
    After that one of them might want to be a witch/sorcerer/fashion photographer/life guard. :/

You could just put that save on hold and start a new one with a Sim who runs away to the islands as a teen, does odd jobs to make money until s/he reaches YA when s/he becomes a marine biologist, saves the islands and marries a merSim...oh wait, that's my game.... B)
    Is the "Odd Job" like the Slacker job version of TS4?

Could be -- I hope teens can do odd jobs because that would make a great addition to my Runaway Teen save games.
    I love the Island Living expansion pack and the Magic game pack announced, I just wish console would get it at the same time.. Just makes me feel a bit less and watching everyone posting screenshots while I and other players cannot get in on the fun :( I am so excited to see more of the magic pack, I am hoping to see a bit of a Harry Potter atmosphere!

In the Sims 1 and 2 days, Mac players had to wait 6 months for the PC packs to be ported to the Mac, and we never got the last two EPs (Apartment Life and Free Time) because of a contract dispute between EA and Aspyr (the company that did the Mac ports). According to reports you'll only have to wait a month for the console version of Island Living though.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Man I wanna preorder but I’ll be out of town the 21st. I’ll be back that Monday and you can bet I’ll install it and obsess over it for days (thankful I’m off work right now).
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    [...]
    Erja888 wrote: »
    No more simming for me this year I guess.
    I am playing (kind of) rotationally and Cassandra Goth's teenage twins (Jael Corona and her brother Cornelius) are ready to go to college/university.
    After that one of them might want to be a witch/sorcerer/fashion photographer/life guard. :/

You could just put that save on hold and start a new one with a Sim who runs away to the islands as a teen, does odd jobs to make money until s/he reaches YA when s/he becomes a marine biologist, saves the islands and marries a merSim...oh wait, that's my game.... B)
    [...]

No, because I have ONE save file (plus back ups of that save) that I started when I first got "The Sims 4". It is one big game with 250 Sims and their stories.
    However, your idea sounds fun, so good luck with it and enjoy IL.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Man I wanna preorder but I’ll be out of town the 21st. I’ll be back that Monday and you can bet I’ll install it and obsess over it for days (thankful I’m off work right now).

I think for pre orders it's available the 20th. At least that's what my order says.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Hold on! The saws witches are on the way!
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

It's at the end at approximately 2 hours 29 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeWC_0NrNU
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

It's at the end at approximately 2 hours 29 minutes:

Thank you so much. <3

@SimTrippy

its weird as a die hard 3 then 2 series player (going backwards-) I have often not been much of a fan of the 4 series but honestly despite not playing Strangerville style stories before I really liked it when 4 brought it out and often play in that world as like your spoilers indicate there is a lot of storytelling going on in that world that I like to play but as I said above island life is defo going to trump that for a while when it comes out-) also I really like the way they made the Vampire pack in this series as I had to use a lot of mods in the 3 series to achieve the same game play and while I am not what i would call a complete supernatural player if they brought out witches and fairies in so much detail as they did with vampires I would defo play those lifestates as well :)