Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Given the latest sale...choice made!

FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
I've already picked up toddler stuff, since I do a lot of family play and I've kinda wanted that one for a while, but are there any others people would really recommend shelving out for? Of the packs I don't have yet, what would be your top pick? Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate any comments as to why? What makes that pack worth having in your game for you?
Post edited by FanPhoria on

Given the latest sale...choice made! 130 votes

Strangerville
36%
Akl500PSamadamsPlayerMjstsmPBloosmooStrangerthanThunderbat87elanorbretonMariefoxprice83cchant86alanmichael1barracuda1574KirbySkywalkerLustianiciaJennyggFelicityMo0nLight321SelinaKylesXxAirixXTrashmagicZenAlchemist 47 votes
First Pet Stuff
0%
MrSunshine 1 vote
Laundry Day
43%
icmnfrshHowGreatThouArtAnmirlafriendlysimmersRadioAChickenluthienrisingSxcDannii202VuloriFroggyKarentaydevCaityTrinapapertongueBrieanna19SeptJanOctorangehippogriffMoonfoxNightcryskyesterAlbaWaterhouseannaliese39TomaTeri 57 votes
Fitness Stuff
3%
Bluefairy286duhboy2u2elelunicyWynnox 4 votes
Bowling Night Stuff
9%
IceyJPlayerSinger2010Isb917JestTruwrenstaleskinot9229AquaGamer1212mustenithatsnotswegmunroeleMYvonnenerdfashion 12 votes
Nah, none of 'em are that great.
6%
Colorist40SimQueenie9BluelleDillynJamesMissmagoo2AngelEb95catmando830AHolyToiletAngeliqueAdelaide 9 votes

Comments

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Because it comes with a new town and some really unique CAS and build mode items.

The story is fun to play through but it’s just about 3-5 hours long

E.T.A.: tbh after that you just have those 4 stuff packs left. I’d just get them all and complete the collection. I think they are all worth $6 each.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Strangerville
    Beautiful world even if you skip the story.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Laundry Day and StrangerVille are both good. The former has great CAS content, and while laundry can get annoying, it adds a nice layer of immersion. I rag on Stuff Packs a lot, but this is easily one of, if not the best one.

StrangerVille's story is garbage, but it has many great Build Mode items, a solid take on the Military career, laptops and a comfy neighborhood. It's really well done as a whole. I can't stress this enough, but I think you should buy it for everything else but the story.

Both are worth getting on sale, but my vote goes to StrangerVille because I feel like it offers more.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Bowling Night Stuff
    It's the only one out of those that I own, but I use it a lot. And I mean a lot. It's crucial to how I play my game! I've had Sims exchange gosh dang rings in Bowling Alleys.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    I should have added that I like all of these packs. Even Fitness stuff, while I dont use the climbing wall much it has alot of bb/clothing that I do use.

Edit forgot about MFP. That is one pack I dont own. I'm debating it myself, but the fish tank coffee table is the only thing that seems useful.
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I don't even have the money to get any packs WITH the sale.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Strangerville
    I have finished it yet, but the strangerville mystery is so much fun!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Strangerville is the only game pack you've listed, and since game packs have more content and more gameplay features than stuff packs...
    But it is a really great pack, great CAS, good build/buy, amazing world and a the story is pretty fun too.
    Otherwise I'd say, get laundry day and MFP, since you're a family player those will suit your play style best. Because doing laundry is a very domestic activity and my first pet comes with a lot of cute stuff for kids.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2019
    First Pet Stuff
    The only reason why I choose MFP because prioritizing EP and GP is an unwritten rule in Sims sale 😅 I assume you are more inclined to play with child sims, so MFP is a nice pack to complement that. However, if you like to play adult aspect of family life more, Laundry Day is more suitable.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Bowling Night Stuff
    Bowling night as you can take the family out and have club gatherings
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Bowling Night Stuff
    Bowling night as you can take the family out and have club gatherings
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day is my favourite SP and I didn't even vote for the laundry theme when it was being developed. It's one of the larger SPs and comes with lots of lovely CAS and build objects, as well as gameplay value. There is something very satisfying about watching my sims do their laundry. I probably use it more than any other SP and I wouldn't want to play without it now.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Strangerville
    I only have fitness stuff because it came in jungle adventure bundle
    main things you get with fitness stuff is being able to exercise via tv, earbuds and climbing wall
    other than that i feel it rather useless (like ok some cas and some b/b but what game does not have those

Strangerville seems most fun to me because I always loved military career and martial arts with my sims
    the world looks beautiful and there is story to be explored (even if a short one) so I feel like I might want to get that one
    not to even start with weird stuff and b/b

if you just want bit more for family play though id say laundry day since it adds well, laundry.
    I wouldn't say no to having that either because it adds some reality to game

pet stuff and bowling night seem rather useless to me so I'm not planning on getting those just feel rather empty and half baked
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    Laundry Day
    I love Laundry Day even more than I thought I would, and I think you'll enjoy it if you like family play. It makes it more realistic, and the CAS and buy stuff is really nice and I regularly use it. If you get Laundry Day, make sure you empty those lint traps - I've lost a lot of Sims to dryer fires.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2019
    Laundry Day
    For me Laundry day is great. Mostly because I love the ecological way of doing laundry. It works very well for storytelling to have your sims washing their clothes by hand and drying in the clothesline.
    But I must say that I'm not comparing with the other packs, cause I don't own none of them. Well, I do own now, but haven't installed yet :smile:
    Laundry Day
    Drakos wrote: »
    Beautiful world even if you skip the story.

You can skip the story and live there?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2019
    Bowling Night Stuff
    Hard to pick between Bowling Night, Laundry Day and Srangerville. I voted for Bowling Night because it's fun to have venues with bowling and the CAS is really nice. Laundry Day looks very pretty and is a full stuff pack if you don't mind some extra chores. I like the idea of Strangerville pack but after playing it through and not being a huge fan of desert world it has felt just okay for me. The apocalypse vibe is a plus though.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Laundry Day
    I picked laundry day as my recommend stuff pack because it simply has the most items I think. 46 compared to the first stuff packs 12.

But I thought it was only sp, so if you're looking at gamepacks too I'd say Strangerville out of those options, more items, new world, new career. I've had it since like a week after release and still ain't done the story, but play rotationally with 2 fams there and it's a lovely town
    caitytrina.png
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited June 2019
    Strangerville
    Because We wants it we needs it
    Because I’m a collector I can’t stand it when I have a greyed out icon it will even worse when the new pack comes out getting the money together for that as well also love a good sale
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry day because it is probably the pack that I use the most build/ buy stuff. I rarely use laundry, but the objects are great.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Strangerville
    telmarina wrote: »
    Yes. Aside from seeing some weird plants and possessed sims in the background, it's just like a normal neighborhood. If you want to get rid of those elements, you can also complete the story in a couple of hours.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Laundry Day
    Gordy wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    Yes. Aside from seeing some weird plants and possessed sims in the background, it's just like a normal neighborhood. If you want to get rid of those elements, you can also complete the story in a couple of hours.

Thanks @Gordy! I'm considering buying now... It's the only pack that I don't have yet. But... I ended up disabling the vampires pack... So, I'll think about it untill the end of the sale.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Laundry Day
    I chose Laundry Day because I think that is the best pack out of what you have listed.

BUT...
    thinking about it, game packs are 40% off. They are usually only 25% off. It might be a good time to pick up Strangerville because that pack is definitely not worth full price.
    The main point of Strangerville is the mystery and it's linear. You must do the same thing every time to get to the end. It's fun to play through, but after a few times, it just gets old. The only things that can really carry over into saves that are not completing the mystery are the martial arts dummy and the Military career.
    The world is beautiful and some of the CAS is great, but the pack is "too centered" around the mystery.
    It's worth getting, but I would get it the lowest price you can and this will probably be your best bet for quite some time.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Strangerville
    Honestly, all the packs on your list are among my favorites except bowling night. I kind of regret buying the bowling night one cuz I don't think there was anything I liked in it LOL nothing I just liked either mind you, but I don't like the looks of any of the cas or build mode items so the only thing it has to me is bowling game which I tried once for about 5 minutes and can't see myself really ever using again because it was kind of meh

The rest of your list are all fantastic packs that I would have happily bought at full price and rank them a top of my list of favorites

Strangerville has the really fun mystery in it and A Beautiful World. Fitness stuff has not only the treadmill but also the earbuds which I use all the time so that my Sims can keep their fun high while doing everything else. My first pet has some of the best build and cas in the entire game, at least if you like kids and Families. It's just really beautiful and laundry day has my favorite shelves and stuff like that for build mode and I find I use it all the time not for the laundry at self but just to make houses look complete.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Strangerville
    1) Strangerville
    2) Laundry Day
    This poll is 100% correct in my opinion! Strangerville... while the story was quite repetitive, the world in my opinion is great. It’s a new little small town and the aesthetic is also something new... similar to Oasis Springs but much better!