Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I buy Lunar Lakes? Help me decide!

I bought 5000 simpoints on sale, and for the last few days I've been trying to decide whether to buy Lunar Lakes.

Pro: it's the only world available for simpoints I don't have yet so I kind of want it for completion's sake. Also, I enjoy store worlds in general, I have never regretted buying one.
Con: I'm not very interested in playing on the moon.

A few minutes ago I clicked on "Make me an offer" and got an offer to buy Lunar Lakes + 3 clothing items for 2008 simpoints, which sounds very good! I have an hour to make up my mind. So, simmers who own Lunar Lakes, can you help me make up my mind? How much have you been using this world? Do you have interesting stories or screenshots to share?

Comments

• LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Seems like I might be a bit late, but it's a neat world. I love the new things and the small rabbit holes are great.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @PalmArrow I really like Lunar Lakes and had fun playing an alien world in it. It depends on your playstyle. I may be too late answering this I just realized the time now versus when you posted.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    Curious if you bought it or not. I wouldn’t want to miss the world myself, even when I don’t regularly play there. For one because it’s gorgeous and absolutely unique. But also because I like the idea of having a place to play out an alien world if I’d want to (actually I’ve done that: removed the inhabitants, filled the place with aliens and played out an adventure).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The rabbitholes work in the future world. I always plop the school down on the little corner lot by the observatory.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I got Lunar Lakes when it was released and didn't use the world for a long time as it didn't appeal to me. Then I tried it again after Into the Future was released and it turns out to be one of my favourite worlds now. So it all depends. I would encourage you to get it and enjoy it. The Tree of Prosperity comes with it too. Place the ToP on the same lot as the Wishing Well from Lucky Palms and you can enjoy visits from the pixies or fireflies over the wishing well most nights.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'm totally in favor of getting it! That price is such a bargain! The world is well-made, although I haven't played there for a long time. The only thing that bummed me is the lack of bigger and more lots.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Many thanks to everyone who answered! i did end up buying it in the end - I felt I would regret it if I don't. The Tree of Prosperity does sound like something I want to use.

I think I will try out the world as a destination world (with NRAAS Traveler) for a sim in the science or military career first.
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know the ins and outs but I believe you have to be careful with that tree...? If you have or don’t have ITF (I believe it’s connected to that EP)? Found this topic, I completely understand this simmer’s anger.

ETA:
    5. Supposedly there was an official EA fix for this stoooopid tree a while back, but it was a fix ONLY for those who'd also installed ITF, the ONLY EP I didn't have!
    Means those with that EP installed are safe, but I totally agree how disgraceful that is.
    Updated NRaas mods appear to help as well, maybe @igazor knows more.
    ETA2:
    Sorry for calling you over igazor, you actually reacted in that topic. Appears Errortrap is the necessary mod here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Ive never had a problem with the Tree of Prosperity. I do have Into The Future installed. But even before i had it the ToP wasn't a problem for me. I only started using mods much later.
    edited June 2019
    I've never had the issue either, nor did the OP in the link right away ("Don't ask me why this tree didn't cause me issues before, I do not know"), but when it does hit you, it's a nasty one apparently. And not related to mods, or EA wouldn't have come with some half-baked solution. There are many bugs I never had. That never helped the people who did though ;) When talking about this tree I think it's useful to point out its downsides and that there are solutions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I've got it but never played in it. I will one day though, and I think you'd better get while the store is still up and running. You never know when they decide to close things down...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I own it, but never played it.I mostly got it for the items.As I like to play Sci-fi games.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    I realize the OP bought Lunar Lakes already but I heartily recommend this world! I was lurking in this thread and it inspired me to go back into the world and have my alien family live there.

It’s such a pretty town <3
    tumblr_psp6v15TL31xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_psp6v15TL31xq9hdmo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_psp6v15TL31xq9hdmo5_1280.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @JoAnne65 , thanks for warning me about the Tree of Prosperity! I don't have Into the Future, but I do use ErrorTrap, so I hope my game will be okay.

I briefly played in LL today just to have a look around, and I'm definitely not sorry I bought it!

iX26i2o.jpg

mmw3AVj.jpg

1SJrqrD.jpg

YfwMXkR.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I love Lunar Lakes myself but haven't really played in it much other then when I sent my SS there from my Riverview save sometime after she got abducted by aliens the 1st time. I used it in her story in a way that the aliens had abducted her and sent her to this strange planet with giant mushrooms... :p
    edited June 2019
    Beautiful pictures! <3 (and you’re welcome PalmArrow, Errortrap will definitely protect your game)

@lisasc360 LOL, same here, the world is perfect for that. I replaced part of the population by aliens (they were the rich ones, living in the craters) and the other half were the prisoners, the abducted, who lived down below, near the poisonous salt lakes.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Beautiful pictures! <3

@lisasc360 LOL, same here, the world is perfect for that. I replaced part of the population by aliens (they were the rich ones, living in the craters) and the other half were the prisoners, the abducted, who lived down below, near the poisonous salt lakes.

@JoAnne65, it sure is perfect for telling alien stories. That sounds like a good story right there that you've done in your game... :)
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I am glad I found this thread...because I have been playing around with ITF a lot...Now...I need to purchase Lunar Lakes!!!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p