Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    not sure if you are allowed to post this.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    It's looking like no hotels, which is really disappointing for me. :'(

Why did you want hotels?

I don’t really care to run a hotel, but I would love to have a hotel lot, so that my sims could stay in a real hotel that costs money and has different amenities. I loved resorts in the sims 2, so, I am hoping they will add a hotel lot, though I know you can make a make shift hotel on you own, but it’s not the same thing.

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    One more

KOpknL4.png

Anyone noticed the guy having sunburnt on the right?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    One more

KOpknL4.png

Yes, it's been announced that sunburns will be a feature. :)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Creating mermaids better be a thing.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

Considering this is the "speculation and rumor" thread it's probably the one place you can post about it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Leaks happen all the time, get used to it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    So far, there haven't been any pictures or references to surfing, right? I'm guessing surfing is not in this pack.

Well, no matter. It's nice to have, but all the other stuff so far is great :)

I’m still excited but really bummed about no surfing. :(
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    Zussage wrote: »

Considering this is the "speculation and rumor" thread it's probably the one place you can post about it.

At this point, I doubt they'd even bother to move the threads if they were posted anyplace else. As of tomorrow, it will officially no longer be "speculation and rumor".

*This wasn't "leaked" by accident.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

I've heard that some marketing teams actually purposefully leak things to build hype... don't know how true it is, but considering how excited this leak has made people and how soon the announcement is, I doubt EA is that bent out of shape about it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    So far, there haven't been any pictures or references to surfing, right? I'm guessing surfing is not in this pack.

Same here, only for me it's not surfing, but the volleyball net. I feel so bad about it, I mean, I had secretly been wishing for boating, but never expected them to really include boats and jet skis. Here I am GETTING MY WISH and then I sit and say "But muh volleyball net?!".
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I've heard that some marketing teams actually purposefully leak things to build hype... don't know how true it is, but considering how excited this leak has made people and how soon the announcement is, I doubt EA is that bent out of shape about it.

Exactly. Free publicity is always great, especially when it’s something good. Now if they had a huge reveal planned tomorrow, well that kind of sucks. But it’s still exciting.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

Same here, only for me it's not surfing, but the volleyball net. I feel so bad about it, I mean, I had secretly been wishing for boating, but never expected them to really include boats and jet skis. Here I am GETTING MY WISH and then I sit and say "But muh volleyball net?!".

We have so many other things to feast on in this pack. Im so happy about the Jet skis!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    One more

KOpknL4.png

I wonder if there Will be sunscreen to avoid it haha. Or if it'll affect sims in other worlds in the summer?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    One more

KOpknL4.png

I wonder if there Will be sunscreen to avoid it haha. Or if it'll affect sims in other worlds in the summer?

Oh, it better...
    So, this is my first time being part of the community before the release of an EP. I can't believe it might be released as soon as June 21st! Thats not long to wait at all. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of trailers? What kind of stuff do they usually talk about or showcase in them? How many, if any, do they do before release?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So, this is my first time being part of the community before the release of an EP. I can't believe it might be released as soon as June 21st! Thats not long to wait at all. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of trailers? What kind of stuff do they usually talk about or showcase in them? How many, if any, do they do before release?

There's typically a launch trailer + launch blog, then a feature trailer + blog a week until launch. There's also usually at least one pre-launch livestream. The other thing that happens is that Game Changers get early access, and at a particular point a couple of days before launch are allowed to feature content from the pack, do reviews, etc. Here on the Forums, @catloverplayer has already started his fun countdown thread, and when the pack is announced I'll be starting a thread to bring together in one place all the different things SimGurus say in response to questions in various places on the internet, as well as links to official content. (At least one fan site does a similar thing, but I forget which. I do this here for Forum-preferrers).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    They finally figured out lounge chairs. I'm excited for this one. I was kinda hoping it would be a vacation island but it's fine I'll make it work.

Can we take a moment to stop and appreciate how many people will buy this EP for the lounge chairs alone?

There will be a riot if one isn't patched into BG. I think there will be at least one though.
    Simburian wrote: »
    They finally figured out lounge chairs. I'm excited for this one. I was kinda hoping it would be a vacation island but it's fine I'll make it work.

SimGuruGrant's nose should have been getting longer and longer. He said something like they were too difficult and he knew they were coming in this pack!

They are indeed difficult to make which is why we had to wait this long for them. This is also why I don't think they're patching any lounge chairs into the base game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member

First comes an announcement trailer that shows almost everything. Then they release 1 or 2 more trailers focused on a specific career/gameplay aspect/activity and the last one is a launch trailer.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    honestly to me this post does not exist until ea play.

also i think it should be banned

Why should a speculation post be banned in the speculation section of the forum?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

SimGuruGrant's nose should have been getting longer and longer. He said something like they were too difficult and he knew they were coming in this pack!

It isn't a lie when he literally can't say anything so...
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    This looks too good to be true. I'm already thinking of how EA is gonna water this down.
    Maybe the new world is small? Only a few lots.
    A lot of activities will be spent on water, so you get like a huge lot where all the water is going to be, like a park. Mermaids will be like aliens from GTW, not as full as vampires. It looks like they included a lot of new content here, and has blown off the budget for what I think an EP is in the sims 4. What do you guys think?

So far, every EP has its share of disappointments (even Seasons, which is well-regarded now, caught flak for the lack of snow depth). I feel like there will be an aspect that will let people down or won't impress as much.

But for now, I just want to revel in the excitement of this pack, because I've waited for this for quite some time. :D I'll be back to reality tomorrow when they reveal information about this

Hotels are not coming with this pack? Something as big as that, should be included in the pack description.

I don't mind. They'd be nice to have, but like I said before, hotels can work as a separate pack if our sims are able to manage one.

I was thinking of something like the world being really small, or mermaids not being playable. Which I hope aren't true, cross my fingers 🤞🏽

Yeah, maybe we'll get a 'hospitality' GP, like they did with Dine Out.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    i think its legit i just do not think its legit for them to be talking about it. i think they are at risk of getting sued if i was ea i would sue them.

Apparently it is legitimate according to a Tweet I read as it is taken from Origin but if the leaker is a game-changer as I was told he was hasn't he violated his non-disclosure agreement? The only reason I can think of is that it was deliberate, otherwise.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This pack sounds so amazing it has more in it then I thought it would. I'm really intrigued with the conservationist part and I love that it appears dolphins are in it.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wanna be excited because Island Paradise was my second favorite expansion in TS3....I WANT to be excited, but I'm not yet. I'm waiting for the catch. There is almost ALWAYS a catch with these expansions that make them significantly worse than their counterparts in previous versions. The only expansion pack that didn't have one was Get Famous. That pack was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 near flawless. I'm hoping this one follows suit.
    honestly to me this post does not exist until ea play.

also i think it should be banned

I mean...it's out now. There's no point in acting like it's not. Might as well talk about the info we have. It's not the community's fault that EA has a serial leaker.