Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Hotels Are Not A Feature in EP7 Is That A Deal-breaker For You?

@catloverplayer started a poll on Twitter asking if no hotels would be a deal-breaker. Curious to know forum simmers' thoughts.

If Hotels Are Not A Feature in EP7 Is That A Deal-breaker For You? 287 votes

Yes
10%
clairecarson1988IrdiwenIsa_Menezesnevena119JahnnaetiquetanegrabrookiepeoplesHarukotyanSavvySimmielexus20FlyingPotato659bythedreadwolfshnailehKitty Napcosta09JacoSurAeren90JoliensimsClarionOfJoyaiex 31 votes
No
89%
DannydanboAkl500PIngeJonesauroraael14CK213OneAdorkableGirlcatmom1987icmnfrshJeanrudy8292Kita5399IdontrcallIrishSimmer21alexspoom13IceyJaprilroseCabelle1863xbecky685xaelias24Wed 256 votes

Comments

• Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    No
    Not really a deal breaker but I would be very disappointed
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No
    No but I'd be very disappointed however I'd be more disappointed if we dont get swimmable oceans.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    No
    Nope, I'll just buy the pack. Tropical wasn't even on my wishlist, so I really don't much care what's in it.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Yes
    It may very well be, as I wasn’t interested in a tropical pack anyway. I want something in it that’s a system or something appliccable to all worlds.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I'd actually prefer if it didn't. I don't want the pack to be about tourism or vacationing. I want it to be about living on an island.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    Not necessarily, but I'd be really disappointed because I mainly wanted a pack like this (assuming it's real) for hotels. If it doesn't come in the alleged island pack, I hope they're added as a BG update.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    No
    I'd love to have hotels back, but I can see them being part of a standalone pack too where you can both stay at and manage one. And if you're really going to live on the new island, I can do without hotels
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No
    No but I really, really hope they are in the EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    No
    Not necessarily a deal breaker but, like others have said, I would be a bit disappointed. I would hope that if we did get hotels or resorts, we could build them in other worlds as well. In all honesty, I care less about mermaids than swimmable oceans, resorts, and residential lots. But that's just me. If it has mermaids, that's fine too.

I'm trying to keep my expectations and hopes low that it will be anything remotely close to Island Paradise in TS3. Do I want some or all the things Island Paradise had? Sure but done differently somehow. I don't want everything to be exactly like previous games but I do want some of the same packs we had. I just want them in a different way somehow. If that makes sense. Just my personal preference.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    No
    Though I would enjoy the feature, it's not a deal breaker -- so long as the pack is done well enough in other aspects.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No
    I would love this to be a feature of a pack like this. Especially if they aren't confined to just one world. But it's not a deal breaker for me.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Nope, seeing as I don't want a tropical pack at all.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'd be upset. Hotels are a "thing" since way back in the first The Sims iteration in it's Vacation EP and was also included in TS2 and TS3. So if it's taken out of this iteration...*sigh*... I've already been so disappointed with this game, but it'll have reached a new low.

But I'm hopeful. I just can't imagine a vacation or tropical EP without it.

• Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    No
    Practically nothing is a deal-breaker for me in the sims. I want it ALL. Also I think if they did a hotel GP that would be pretty great. Because I want to be able to manage it and stay in a hotel.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    No
    From all leaks so far this appears to be an EP. If that's the case this is likely a residential world. I'd rather they focus on residential aspects rather than vacation/holiday/travel aspects, if that's the case.

I think hotels/resorts would be a great subject for a GP, with lessons learned from Dine Out.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    I'ld love to have hotels but there are a lot of ways of being happily surprised by a possible tropical pack.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    No... I don't even believe the leaks about it being Tropical...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    No
    I really really really want Mermaids to make a reappearance because I don’t think they’ll dedicate a whole game pack them (although I’d love it!!)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited June 2019
    No, I’m still going to buy it but I hope they make a GP about hotel management in the future, like Dine Out.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    No, but the pack would be severely less useful because I never cared for my sims living in paradise.
    I use it mainly as a getaway for sims living with bad weather, particularly in the winter.
    I would not be in any rush to buy it if hotels are not a part of it.

This could be easily fixed if another pack brings hotels or BnB that I can place in any neighborhood.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No
    Looking at the few screens already released looks like they aren't a feature. Still looks cool though :)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'd be plummed off TBH, but I'd settle for rental lots if I have to. If there's no way to officially holiday there (which IMO would be plain bizarre) then I'd have to give serious thought as to whether I purchase it.

Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    No
    jooxis wrote: »
    Looking at the few screens already released looks like they aren't a feature. Still looks cool though :)
    I didn't get that feeling.

If they showed sims living in a house on the beach, I might.
    But they actually look like they are at a resort, or community lot.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    No
    No I’m happy either way, I loved resorts but I’m so interested to see what new things they have. As I’ve mentioned before I really want surfing.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'd be plummed off TBH, but I'd settle for rental lots if I have to. If there's no way to officially holiday there (which IMO would be plain bizarre) then I'd have to give serious thought as to whether I purchase it.

Sorry, that sounded a bit pompous didn't it? I've had a terrible afternoon and I've been in a terrible mood.
    Gallery ID: babysquare