Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you created/repurposed venues in destination worlds?

Has anyone deleted a rental or venue lot in Selvadorada or Granite Falls and turned them into a restaurant, dance club, spa, cafe, etc?

If so what did you make?

Right now I’m looking at the Alam Museum of Archaeology and wondering if it provides anything worthwhile to gameplay. I’m pondering if demolishing it and replacing it with a nightclub, restaurant, community garden, park or something else might make my time vacationing there more enjoyable.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Comments

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Just a speculative thought here, if the rumors are true and the next pack is a tropical get away like ts3 island paradise, the lot I mentioned is 64x64 and might make a great lot for a resort.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    For Granite Falls I built a restaurant.
    tumblr_p9p2t68lcL1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p9p3gqDzGE1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p9p3gqDzGE1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    More info in my showcase thread here.

I did rebuild Selvadorada completely, but didn't change any lot types. But the bar is pretty multifunctional, so it could probably be changed into a different lot type.
    tumblr_pn2vf6aUFd1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    I have a thread with more info here.

As for your question for what to do with the museum - maybe a spa? So your less adventurous Sims have something relaxing to do.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    @MDianaSanders that is really a great restaurant and exactly what I had in mind for Granite Falls, Thank you!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have a rental home and the camping site. In the other sites I've put a restaurant, a spa and a bar with pool and park. When I go with families we spend more time in the is bar, pool and park and also in the forest. When I go in a romantic holiday, I spend more time in the spa and the restaurant. But it's good to have a lot to do.
    @telmarina this touches on something i was pondering. How many different rental lots do we really need in each world?

Granite Falls comes with 5 (4 now that I placed MDianaSanders’ awesome restaurant). Selvadora comes with 4.

Maybe all we need is two in each world. One cheap one like the campsite for new sims and one with everything and max comfort for our established sims. Is there any reason to have more?

I feel I’m leaning towards the way you have set it up.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @telmarina this touches on something i was pondering. How many different rental lots do we really need in each world?

Granite Falls comes with 5 (4 now that I placed MDianaSanders’ awesome restaurant). Selvadora comes with 4.

Maybe all we need is two in each world. One cheap one like the campsite for new sims and one with everything and max comfort for our established sims. Is there any reason to have more?

I feel I’m leaning towards the way you have set it up.

That was my thought @KirbySkywalker. I leave the camping site cause, while I'm not much of a camper, that is a different option from the usual rental cabin, so I've decided to keep it. The cabin I left is the biggest one. More expensive, more of a semi-luxury option for richer sims.
    I do think a cheap and more expensive options are enough.
    In what concerns Selvadorada, I have the Pack but I haven't visited yet. I want to go there once, at least, to enjoy the Pack as it is. While there, Ill try to figure out what i miss there to make it a regular holiday destination. I want to explore, but I think I'll get tired of it quickly. So I want to make it a regular, non adventure, holiday destination.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @KirbySkywalker Thanks for using my build - I bet it was the waiters in bear suits that did it ;)

To be fair, a destination world doesn't need more than 3 rentals if you ask me, since you only vacation with one household at the time. Even if you play rotationally, you probably won't move to the next household until the current one has returned from vacation - at least that's what I would do.
    These are the 3 types of rentals that I'd have in each destination world:
    The cheap/"roughing it" option (a campsite or simple 1 bedroom bungalow).
    The romantic getaway option (more luxurious accomodation with some indoor activities for honeymoons and the like).
    The family vacation option (one with lots of beds for various ages).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I once made a tree house in granite falls, but didn't really like it, cause it was my first tree house. I should rebuild it.
    I did also make a luxurious holiday house in Selvadorada:

6-10-18-0-49-15.png
    6-10-18-0-40-18.png