Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Did They Go?

I play a rotational game, and whilst away from one of my households the grandparents both died of old age.

Can anyone tell me where they go?

I looked around the Lot to see if there were any urns but cannot find anything.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If there weren't any urns or gravestones then they probably died on another lot. Urns and Graves do appear when this happens, but when you try to take them home it says "You Sim does not own this item" or something similar. If I were you, I'd just recover the last save before their death then make sure that they're at home when they die. I personally don't play rotationally so I haven't had this problem (I also never get any Sims to that stage, I guess you could call me "noncommital"), but it is for sure annoying. I hope this helps!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Do urns appear? I thought that they didn't for Sims you aren't playing. I've lost a few grandparents that way.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Do urns appear? I thought that they didn't for Sims you aren't playing. I've lost a few grandparents that way.
    Yes, I've had a few baristas die and they leave urns on the lot or I've moved my sims into a house where a sim who lived there before died and there is still an urn or grave on the property.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I play rotationally, luckily, I have the MCCC mod and when my elder died I just had to go back to midnight when my auto save goes off. I was able to replay that day and be on the lot when it happened.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    Yes, I've had a few baristas die and they leave urns on the lot or I've moved my sims into a house where a sim who lived there before died and there is still an urn or grave on the property.

If you read just the bolded bits it sounds so creepy :D
  • DentalchickJuliaDentalchickJulia Posts: 12 New Member
    I play rotationally with no mods and aging off for everyone. Hopefully I don't run into this problem I'm a super OCD control freak. Isn't there a cheat to make them die of old age? You could just turn aging off and send them off when you decide.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I guess they are gone for good, but they are still in my sims relationship panel. No interactions available if I try and click them though.

Nobody has ever died in my game before so I am totally clueless :D

Does this mean I may see their ghosts wandering around? Will they appear at the house at night without an urn or grave?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think they go out of the urn/grave. If there isn't none of them, I think they won't appear...?
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    If you haven't let too much time pass and use mcc, you can
    Mailbox > mc cheats > summon sim > name
    Click Sim > maintain sim > revive

You can also click the sims portrait if their ghost is in your relationship panel.

Sometimes I do this and let them die again right away to collect the urns, I keep a graveyard.

Also playing on "only age active household" helps witness every death.
    caitytrina.png
    Well, I guess they are not quite gone as grandma called up the family and invited herself over. Maybe she wanted to say one last proper goodbye.

06-07-19_7-24-09%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    They will randomly show up as ghosts in game. I think from there you can add them back to your household if you want or send them to the netherworld to never be seen again.

But as of right now if you are not present at time of death you will not get their urn or gravestone.

I've lost many Sims due to this and still hope that a workable mausoleum similar to Sims 3 will become available to the game someday.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Well, I guess they are not quite gone as grandma called up the family and invited herself over. Maybe she wanted to say one last proper goodbye.

06-07-19_7-24-09%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

That's adorable, I'm getting misty-eyed over here. :)
  • peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    @elanorbreton that's a sweet pic, definitely tugs on the heartstrings a bit.
    She also said goodbye to her grandkids...

06-07-19_7-29-45%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

06-07-19_7-33-16%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Strangely, when I first opened up the household, the two toddlers were the only ones with the 2-day sad moodlet for the deaths. The parents have nothing.

I've now been getting pop-ups that their ghosts are getting ready to move on, so I guess they will be disappearing from the relationship panels soon?