Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transgender option for pride

13...Next

Comments

• HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    [quote="ForumExplorer;c-16394530"]No. Next question.
    Jk but seriously. They would probably have to change the game rating. As is, the teen rating is a little extreme but necessary. My nephew was playing for a bit and is confused about what the heck flirt is (hilarious). It would be worrying to me if he started asking what a transgender person is. Then again he is not a teenager. As society moves forward people will become more educated and aware of the transgender community. [/quote]

Not to be rude to younger players but I don't think that the teenage rating is extreme because I assume that the rating is based on the average players ability to use the game as intended and enjoy it. I don't think that most young children understand the importance of certain aspects of the game and therefore their experience will be worse. They're also more likely to be impatient and spend exorbitant amounts of their parent's money to speed things up which could lead to angry feedback from said parents.
    The fact that you assume that inappropriate content is the sole basis for the rating as per your comment indicates why it isn't a game for children.
  • LFlo72LFlo72 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like the option, not because I identify as transgender but because it gives me more options to create different sims.
    It would already be a big step forward if the clothes were gender neutral. There are some clothes that are now in the men section that I would love to use for my female sims (and vice versa if I ever have male sims).
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2019
    lACEqIZ.jpg[
    So there has been some changes since this posting. I've been a very casual player so far. I've played only a little bit since after the hot tub event from last year. However I've been playing again since the start of this event. I follow the sims mobile discord. But that's off topic...

New additions very recently allow make-up for male physique sims. And I've noticed the gender neutral clothing is coming in also. Not sure if anything will come june but a support shirt at the least would be cool.
  • GkundoGkundo Posts: 24 Member
    [quote="darkpiro;c-16379012"]I would like to apologize for my comment earlier. It was too aggressive. My thoughts on this matter is why do games like this have to include a huge liberal based ideology when it comes to gender. In all iteration of this game there were two genders, male or female. And in each game you could marry either gender. Why do you need to have something in this for pride when they already includes homosexuality within it? Catering solely to a specific community would be a huge turn off for this game. But that's my two cents. [/quote]

Having trans is not a liberal thing. It’s because we have human beings that don’t identify their own gender in conventional male-female ways. And since the sims is about creating characters (often as ourselves) we are familiar with, how is wanting a trans sims somehow liberal.

Supporting and understanding transgender people may lean liberal on the political spectrum, but simple wanting to be able to live in the virtual sims world in the most relatable way is NOT A LIBERAL THING. If you are male, and want to make your male self into a sim, great. Female wanting a female sim, great. How is trans wanting to make trans a liberal thing?

Taking the trans topic and overlooking it as an immediate “liberal” thing regardless of context is an error on so many fronts.

Furthermore, to complain that the game is making a liberal agenda on some things is discriminatory because then you’re only approving if it promotes YOUR conservative leaning views, so liberals can say the same thing about you.

I have two male sims woohooing like crazy and I’m gonna be extra “liberal” with it.

Candy crush is a more suitable game for those who wish to not be part of anything that can be labeled liberal.
  • AbbyChase145AbbyChase145 Posts: 5 New Member
    Being transgender in life I would love to see this option