Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying sims packs on Amazon; advice needed please

I've always bought through Origin before, but now due to available gift card balances I'm going to end up buying my next sims purchase off Amazon.

I've never done this before and I'm a bit confused so would appreciate some advice please.

On the item listing there are 3 options; PC code in a box, PC download - Origin code, and PC Origin instant access.

PC code in a box is obvious; a physical box is delivered to you with the code inside, but PC download-Origin code and PC Origin instant access are confusing me?

What's the difference between these two? what do they mean? and why is PC download-Origin code listed twice?
Does anyone know the delivery methods for these 2 options? ideally I'd like to receive an email with the code.

Here's the link. I've randomly selected cats & dogs as an example:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sims-Cats-Dogs-Download-Code/dp/B0753HHGPV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3IZCF38DN4SB7&keywords=sims+4+expansion+packs+pc&qid=1559844625&s=gateway&sprefix=sims+4,aps,150&sr=8-1
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    PC download - Origin code gives you a code that you then have to enter into origin. I don't remember if they email the code to you or not but the code is viewable on amazon. PC Origin instant access requires linking your amazon account to your origin account but you can access the game as soon as you purchase it from amazon.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Hmm, OK. Thank you for the info.

It seems like PC download-Origin code is probably the better option, as I highly doubt I'd be able to link my Amazon and Origin accounts without messing it up.

I would imagine then that if I selected to purchase PC download-Origin code, that the code would be emailed to me? anyone who's done this, am I correct? and I'd also like to know how long it would take for the code to arrive.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2019
    It should be automatic so you shouldn't have to wait. Please do be careful through as Amazon can have sellers that got the codes through illegal activities! I am not saying this is the case but always be careful as companies other than Amazon can sell things. Of course if you are buying a physical version you don't have to worry about this unless you see something shady (code printed on printer paper and cut out, the artwork being a normal printer etc.)
    It should be automatic so you shouldn't have to wait. Please do be careful through as Amazon can have sellers that got the codes through illegal activities! I am not saying this is the case but always be careful as companies other than Amazon can sell things.

Oh I know, but thank you for the warning. Sometimes I buy from Amazon themselves and sometimes I buy on market place, but with the issues you've mentioned here I'll make sure the seller is Amazon and not a third party seller. :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    the code shows up on your amazon account almost instantly. They don't email the code to you, but they send you an email linking to the games section of your amazon account, where the code will be viewable.

eta: Nevermind, I checked my old emails and they actually do email the code to you as well.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited June 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    the code shows up on your amazon account almost instantly. They don't email the code to you, but they send you an email linking to the games section of your amazon account, where the code will be viewable.

That's useful to know. I didn't know there was a games section of my account. I'm not sure where it is.

edit: I think I found it :)
    Cupid wrote: »

eta: Nevermind, I checked my old emails and they actually do email the code to you as well.

Oh that's useful to know, thank you :)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Do you still get it on sale? Or is that only in Origin right now? Just want to make sure you realize they’re on sale!
    babajayne wrote: »
    Do you still get it on sale? Or is that only in Origin right now? Just want to make sure you realize they’re on sale!

Hi, I am aware they're on sale. My questions about buying on Amazon are actually with regard to upcoming packs, but thank you anyway :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    You get amazons price but right now they have the same sale as origin.
  • SilvyrRainSilvyrRain Posts: 20 Member
    I just bought some packs on Amazon using the Instant Access method. It was super quick and easy to link Amazon to my Origin account and almost immediately after I bought the packs on Amazon, Origin started downloading them. Super easy and convenient.
    SilvyrRain wrote: »
    I just bought some packs on Amazon using the Instant Access method. It was super quick and easy to link Amazon to my Origin account and almost immediately after I bought the packs on Amazon, Origin started downloading them. Super easy and convenient.

That's good to know. Some of the Amazon reviews mentioned having difficulty with this method, to the point of having to get refunds. If you don't mind me asking, how did you link the accounts?