Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing from the sims 4 base game? (If anything)

Comments

• MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Better hair for male Sims, bean bag chairs, more carpet floor options, diving boards for the pool, functional slide for the pool, more interesting pants options for male Sims, beanies and scarves for winter attire, spiral stairs and ladders (I WANT TO MAKE A REALISTIC LOFT), eyelashes.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    When we it comes to the base game, I wish it included
    - a normal sized telescope, microscope and cupcake machine. An upright piano would be welcome too.
    - the ability to carry a baby and give them a bath
    - doing groceries. I really liked this in sims 2 and it annoyes me food just appears out of nowhere in the fridge.
    - buying new clothes, whether it's in a store or at a dresser, I don't mind. But it should not be free.
    - npc's like policemen and burglars but also food delivery that is not pizza, for example order in Chinese.
    - a way to set up preferences in CAS like favorite food and music.

This would be my base game list but what I miss more than all of these is a few more packs (EP or GP) with supernaturals.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    freed babies
    slow dance

I thought slow dance came with expansions not the base game?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

leetamme wrote: »
    A simple diving board for the pool.

Yes I wish for this to. the sims 4 as a habit of turning basic base game missing features in to its packs.

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I just got to add my own piece here as well. I feel what's missing most isn't new content, but a better working existing system.

Better/smarter behavior is a big one that I would really like to see fixed up.
    You're Breathtaking!
    I just got to add my own piece here as well. I feel what's missing most isn't new content, but a better working existing system.

Better/smarter behavior is a big one that I would really like to see fixed up.

true

sims are as thick has :#

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Atreya33 - For real, the telescope and microscope are enormous. They’re an eyesore. It’s pretty ridiculous.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    1. More NPCs (Firemen, police, burglars, social bunny)
    2. More romance interactions (slow dancing)
    3. Spiral staircases.
    4. Roommates.
    5. Newspapers.
    6. Cars.
    7. Open world.
    8. More baby interactions. Heck, even Sims Freeplay has more options for babies than Sims 4 does.
    9. CRIBS. ‘Nuff said.
    10. Did I mention cribs? CRIBS!
    11. More detail. In Sims 3 your sim could occasionally choke on their food while eating, which I thought was pretty funny.
    12. GROCERIES!!!!!!! I don’t like that your sim can cook whatever they want, whenever they want, without the ingredients. Just ruins the realism.
    13. Favorite things (colors, food, music genre)
    14. Star signs. Even though they don’t really do much.
    15. Online dating, if anyone remembers this feature.
    16. Create a style!
    17. Attraction system.
    18. More. Traits.
    19. DOORBELLS!!!!!!!
    20. Better, more dangerous career chance cards.
    21. Weather. I know this was added as an expansion pack but it should be in the base game.
    22. Graveyards. I don’t want to bury Granny in the backyard. -_-
    That’s all I can think of.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Cars / Carpools / School Buses - they just add something to it that is missing. In TS2 for instance a Sim would walk all the way off to the end of the sidewalk before disappearing. When they got in the carpool they would open the door, climb in, sit down, shut the door and drive off. When NL added cars those animations got a little better with seatbelt-ish animations and doing for drives and of course woohoo. I feel when we say we want cars its more about the completeness of immersion rather than just because we want it. It bothers me to no end that they barely leave the house when they "go to work/school."

There are a few other things that I want so I'll just list them here with less rambling lol.

Male Sims - Bulges (2019 like seriously can we make it happen? We have genderfree Sims and Female Sims with scalable breasts)

Male Sims - Body Hair. It will just some diversity

Elders need a severe revamp.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    >
    > Open world ofc, why would they even have excluded this feature after TS3?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Open World is never coming for TS4. The game wasn't designed for it.

Thx for reminding :(

I'm fairly sure the big open world was mostly responsible for the awful performance issues that the Sims 3 constantly had.

As much I would like to see it added in TS4 or future iterations of the game it's not something I'm willing to sacrifice good performance for. If having a game that runs smoothly means it has to have loading screens then I'd rather have the loading screens.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    >
    > Open world ofc, why would they even have excluded this feature after TS3?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Open World is never coming for TS4. The game wasn't designed for it.

Thx for reminding :(

I'm fairly sure the big open world was mostly responsible for the awful performance issues that the Sims 3 constantly had.

As much I would like to see it added in TS4 or future iterations of the game it's not something I'm willing to sacrifice good performance for. If having a game that runs smoothly means it has to have loading screens then I'd rather have the loading screens.

We isn't getting it anyway.
    I never had issues with the open world.

babajayne wrote: »
    @Atreya33 - For real, the telescope and microscope are enormous. They’re an eyesore. It’s pretty ridiculous.

Same with the cupcakes machine and the rocket

One thing that did cause issues for me was not open world but the huge amount of store content installed and when I used Create a style to custom styles in my builds.

marcel21 wrote: »
    One thing that did cause issues for me was not open world but the huge amount of store content installed and when I used Create a style to custom styles in my builds.

I was never able to run TS3 with good performance not even when I bought a new PC for it with way more than over the recommended specs. At the time I always thought it was cause of how the graphics were designed but now I'm thinking it was because of the open world and that the game was constantly having to load and run that entire open world as opposed to the smaller zoned areas we have in TS4. I'm not a technical person though and will admit I could be wrong about it. Either way something caused horrible performance in that game for me and a lot of other people and the fact that open world was not carried over into TS4 makes me wonder if I am actually right about it. Who knows?
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    We are missing some major things:
    University
    Vehicles
    Advancements in Deaths like funerals
    Crime
    New Build options: curved walls, spiral staircases, maybe split levels?
    TODDLER STUFF WE NEED MORE
    More traits
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I really love University life. That's what I really want and cars. Most definitely cars. But more so University.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Alarm clocks. Such a simple object that you would expect to be in the game, but it isn't.
  • toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    I liked how in the sims 3 it depended on their traits if they would automatically make their bed in the morning
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Oh yeah. Has anyone mentioned a TRAITS randomizer?! I mean it’s annoying that we don’t have this anymore. I use another system for this but it’s inconvenient.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    freed babies
    slow dance

I thought slow dance came with expansions not the base game?

I think slow dance came with a pack in sims 3 but they patched it into base game later @marcel21
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities! The game is still uncomplete without this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    babajayne wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Has anyone mentioned a TRAITS randomizer?! I mean it’s annoying that we don’t have this anymore. I use another system for this but it’s inconvenient.

Oh I would love this. I'm so bad at picking traits for my sims.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Story Progession. I use MCCC, but I’d love for the game to have some of story progression itself - and a toggle to turn it off for those who don’t want that.

Would love story progession even though i got MC - bur would love it more if they let me know whats going on like my best friend Bella Goth decides to text me to announce she is pregnant or divorcing Mortimer!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.

*cough cough toddlers cough cough*
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.

*cough cough toddlers cough cough*

*cough cough* pools *cough cough*