Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Farming Expansion Pack Ideas [Farming]

Comments

• Jtuck17Jtuck17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Omg yes! But include goats, different breads of cattle, pigs, etc. let us be able to actually farm & ranch! Maybe even have a stock show expansion pack or a rodeo expansion pack! I would definitely throw my money at anyone who could creat all that!!!!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    Jtuck17 wrote: »
    Omg yes! But include goats, different breads of cattle, pigs, etc. let us be able to actually farm & ranch! Maybe even have a stock show expansion pack or a rodeo expansion pack! I would definitely throw my money at anyone who could creat all that!!!!

I really hope they bring back the rodeo ride from Sims 1 and Sims 3: Showtime! Would fit the theme and could tie in with the riding skill.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FVJBkPdWk
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Maybe even some saloon doors!
    saloondoors.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    Horse pets and ponies would be awesome. That way our sims could have a ranch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited May 2019
    I hope Farming will integrate well with Cats & Dogs.

Pets should have a bunch of stuff to do in the farming world as well like the (WooHoo) bushes where they can hunt or boxes where cats can jump on, since you will probably also want to have cats & dogs on your farm.
    I also hope we get dog houses with this pack so that we can have dogs that watch over our farm at night.
    If you don't own Cats & Dogs you can still place dog houses as decoration.
    a256aFi.gif
  • HiImAnEAPlayerHiImAnEAPlayer Posts: 17 Member
    Ooh! Maybe new food items that can only be crafted using crops? This pack can also sit nicely with other packs such as Seasons, Cats & Dogs, and Get To Work (y'know, the restaurants you can make in Get To Work, you can sell your crops instead! (like the farmers market you talked about.))
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    This is really well thought out and fine tuned! Well done! I'd definitely buy this. I was super disappointed that the canning idea wasn't used for the community pack (I do a bunch of canning with my family in the summer and I thought that would just be so exciting for my sims!) and so I've been hoping it would find its way into the game some how in the future!
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member
    These are some great ideas! I've been wanting a Farming Pack too, for a while now. The Nectar Making is a great idea, but I would love to see it have its own pack. A new vineyard pack could add new types of grapes, clothing, and other things along with the nectar making stuff.

I definitely love the idea of raising, breeding, and caring for livestock.
    I would love to see the farm animals have some sort of personality, such as them having at least one trait each. I think this would give each farm a bit of a unique quality. Traits could be anything:

Farm Animal Trait Ideas:
    Loyal (tries to follow Sim),
    Gentle (a happy & calm animal),
    Angry (an aggressive animal),
    Curious (an animal that likes to wander),
    Destructive (an animal that likes to destroy objects),
    Dirty (these animals tend to get dirty quickly),
    Fearful (these animals are afraid of Sims, and will run from them).

New Animal Ideas:

Pigs
    I would love to see Pigs in any farm-type pack. Even if they don't produce, they could be sold for simoleons, being worth more over time. Or worth more as adults, etc. And rotten food items could be made into pig slop when thrown into a pig food trough.

Wild Snakes
    Another thing I would like to see with a Farming Pack would be Wild Snakes. There could be dangerous snakes and common snakes. Some snakes could be pests able to eat chicken eggs. Dangerous Snakes could be dangerous to Sims or animals, even kill them (but this would surely be rare). Also, Snakes could be kept as pets, like frogs.

New Lot Trait Ideas:

Farm Land Lot Trait: Farm animals produce quicker or can be sold for more simoleons.

Farm Animal Lot Trait: Farm animals produce more offspring than usual.

New Item Ideas:

Milkshake Blender
    Maybe the fresh-milk the cows produce could be used in an all new item, like a milk-shake blender, to make Milkshakes. I didn't like how the cows themselves produced the milkshakes in the add-on you could get for the Sims 3, but having a milkshake blender would be a cool idea.

Other Ideas:

Farm Animals might not produce (or get pregnant) if not fed. And, they would be able to wander away or escape if neglected.

Horses are not a priority for me. I would be happy with the pack without them, but if they were added, then there could be some sort of horse racing competitions (like a derby) that Sims can bet on, and enter their horses into. Maybe there could even be a new horse derby TV channel or lot type, where you watch the horses race around the track.

New Skill Idea:

Knitting: Sims can knit unique items such as: baby or toddler blanket, Christmas stockings (a few varieties), dolls, etc. There could be a knitting TV station that teaches Sims new patterns. Sims could also learn new patterns from talking to other Sims who know them. There could be a knitting book for raising the skill.

New Sim Trait Ideas:

Old Fashioned Trait:
    Sims refuse to woohoo until married,
    Enjoy watching the Classics TV channel,
    Prefer doing things that don't require electricity, like reading or knitting.
    edited June 2019
    Old Fashioned Trait:
    Sims refuse to woohoo until married,
    Enjoy watching the Classics TV channel,
    Prefer doing things that don't require electricity, like reading or knitting.

Maybe it could be combined with the Technophobe trait, where Sims hate technology and rather do non-technological things to fulfill their needs. They also get uncomfortable around electronics and can sabotage electronics.

Such a trait would fit for Amish families!
    a256aFi.gif
  • nufusimsnufusims Posts: 41 Member
    i want this so much! i miss horses and all the glitches that came with them hahaha
    Guys, there even is a farming mod for Sims 2! With rideable horses, milkable cows and other farm animals. THIS is what I imagine a farming expansion being like!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TGrjBRGSw
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a84AYpjlpJY
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2019
    Farmer‘s market
    n196Por_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    The farmer’s market pops up in the neighborhood space like the festivals in City Living.
    You can shop for fresh eggs, milk, wool, butter, nectar bottles, canned food, fertilizer, harvestables or sell your own produce.

There is also a competition area with mechanical rodeo bulls where you can show off your Riding skill and earn a trophy for staying on the mechanical bull for a long time. (Success based on level of Riding skill)
    When Sims fall off the bull, they get dazed.latest?cb=20140901154702

Besides that you can participate in farm animal ratings at the farmer‘s market where your farm animals are rated based on health, happiness and produce quality. You can also earn a trophy.

Haystack WooHoo

Haystacks appear around the world where Sims can WooHoo in. They also appear on a lot when you sweep up hay. Yeehaw!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0P
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
    edited June 2019
    I really hope we also get horses in a Farming Expansion!
    They are like pets and can be created in CAS. Along with a new riding skill and the option to build a relationship with your horse.
    You can tame wild horses by feeding them carrots which you have to grow on your farm. There are also unicorns which can be found, they require a Rainborz (rare crystal collectible) or other crystal to be tamed. Unicorns only eat crystals.

MTS_child_of_air-1838764-BessieandCharm.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • NightRevoltNightRevolt Posts: 43 Member
    Brilliant idea ! You are a genius ! That sounds and looks absolutely fun ! I used to make a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸/rural sims back in the day, but it's kinda awkward making them when there's no appropriate setting.
    0mc8IBj.png
  • PorstPorst Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't know if farming deserves a sole expansion pack, it doesn't seem essential and most people might not care for it. I'd say it should be like the vampire pack with a small world (if one) or a content pack.
    edited June 2019
    Porst wrote: »
    I don't know if farming deserves a sole expansion pack, it doesn't seem essential and most people might not care for it. I'd say it should be like the vampire pack with a small world (if one) or a content pack.

Farm animals require much more development time in order to be well made and not just an object. Horses also require much work like cats & dogs. There also needs to be a new rural world to integrate the new features such as wide plains for horses to ride, big farm lots and farmers‘ markets that pop up in the world.
    Also there are many more features needed that make this pack in-depth like butter churning, nectar making, spinning wheel, sewing machine, canning station, haystack WooHoo, new crops, tractors, solar panels, water pump, rocking chairs, mechanical bull rodeo and barn doors!
    a256aFi.gif
    There should also be barn doors, they could be based on the sliding doors!
    tumblr_inline_oeezdljlo01tozv34_1280.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    I would love a farming expansion pack! Hopefully the devs would at least update gardening again. There are so many harvestables missing, and kids should be able to at least weed and water. Also, regardless of Seasons, I think the world should affect the harvestables. For example, I've been watching an LP in Sulani where they can't grow plantains because it isn't summer. But the weather is hot every day. Maybe certain plants should only grow in certain worlds unless they are inside.

The thing I want most with a farming pack would be chickens! They don't have to be complicated, I just want to gather eggs! A possibility is to make them like the bees.

Another really great idea somewhere in this thread (sorry can't remember who said it): The harvest boxes! So that when your sim harvests, the plants go into the box instead of their inventory! Because I love gardening, but it means all my inventories are a mess.
    edited July 2019
    Sims team, you should really be inspired by these farming games!
    https://youtu.be/tbErf3yScc0

Especially with the idea of harvest helpers that you can employ who harvest the crops for you!
    a256aFi.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    if3OdNt.png
    Raise Livestock
    you can raise, breed and care for various types of livestock. Buy a barn or coop in buy mode and purchase livestock.
    These farm animals create produce (like milk) that can be stored in your inventory and used in food or simply sold.
    • Chickens (Produce eggs)
    • Cows (milk)
    • Sheep (wool)
    • Horses? (You can ride on them)

Nectar Making
    puHcOZM.png Use the fruits you've grown at your farm to produce various types of nectar that can make your Sim flirty (or uncomfortable if the nectar quality is bad and dazed if you drank too much nectar)
    Nectar includes the Nectar Making skill and is produced by the Nectar Maker. Nectar bottles age over time and become more valuable!
    magik_3_0003.jpg?w=495

Butter Churn
    Use milk that's produced by cows can be used at the butter churn to produce homemade butter (& maybe cheese)!
    latest?cb=20120723005012M28wDER.png

New Harvestables
    mHRs53Q.png Sims 4: Off The Land introduces new harvestables to grow on your farm that haven't been in the game. These include...
    • Oranges (seriously, why are there no oranges?), peaches, plums (fruits)
    • Eggplant, lettuce, cucumber, turnips, parsnip, cauliflower (veggies)
    • Corn stalk, wheat

Canning Station
    hY7mK25.png A new counter-top Electric Canning Pot to can your food and harvestables so that you have something to eat in winter!
    Turn vegetables into pickles and fruits into jam/jelly. (There's a pickled or jam/jelly version of every harvestable in the game) Canning might also work at a regular stove.

Sewing machine & Sewing skill
    The wool produced by sheep can be used to sew your own clothes with the sewing machine!
    Use a spinning wheel to turn wool into yarn. This yarn can be used to sew clothes.

Off The Grid Lot trait
    k9NKxKc.png
    -Generator to produce Electricity. Can be broken and there will be no electricity on lot until you repair it.

Homeschooling
    giC2Nh7.png Kids & teens can be homeschooled by their parents to have more time to help on the farm. The next school might be miles away.

New World: Redwood Reservoir
    LaundryDay-230x300.png (Made by HazzaPlumbob)
    A quaint country town with a big dam in the distance. The town is out of sight of the main highway running over the dam, concealed by a dense coverage of towering redwood trees.
    3-4 Neighborhoods:
    • A rustic farm neighborhood with wide fields and family farms (Sunny Acres)
    • High-tech, modern, solar-powered farm neighborhood with eco-conscious farmers (High-tech Farms)
    • Off the Grid community with dirt roads and self-sufficient households right at the foot of the dam. Most people here have the Eco-friendly trait.
    • Quaint town center where farmers sell their produce (Farmer's market)

Farmer's Market
    There is a weekly farmer's market in the world once every wednesday where you can buy fresh produce such as eggs, milk, wool, canned food, nectar bottles, special fertilizer etc. or sell your own products.
    You can also participate in the farm animal contest and earn badges based on health and egg or milk quality! Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull rodeo to win a price!
    n196Por.jpg

Yes please! I would love a pack like this! *heart eyes*
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Add farm animals alpaca and llama and I'm in! 🥰🦙😊
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Add farm animals alpaca and llama and I'm in! 🥰🦙😊
    If we get a Farming expansion please add this bench!
    vdqQTBs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    It just screams farming/ country living to me and we haven‘t got a bench like this
    a256aFi.gif
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love this idea! I am hoping that this becomes a reality! My one wish is that, like Sulani, they could code being able to swim in rivers/creeks/ponds etc.. into the rest of the worlds.
    edited August 2019
    7a4973e943146ce04544cd56a1758860.png
    HORSE SHOWS
    Show off your riding skill at horse shows! You can earn trophies and price money by winning the contest and make a living as an Equestrian. Depending on riding skill, training level of the horse and your relationship to your horse the higher your chance to win!
    They are television broadcasted so you can get famous by winning horse shows.
    a256aFi.gif
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes please. All of the above in a game pack! Not a stuff pack.

I hope that if they do implement this, it would depict actual farming without reused animations and proper fields instead of “larger gardens” because... gardening is not farming.

Three different farming skills.

Raising livestock, milking and crop farming. Three specialties and please new aspirations... new traits..
    wB2Zykl.jpg