Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Vampires affect my gameplay too much?

AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
I’ve been thinking of getting the vampires pack, but will it affect my realistic gameplay too much? If so, what can I expect and how can I prevent? For further reference, I meant break ins or my sims getting turned as ‘too much’.
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    "too much" means something different to everyone.
    you can expect a break-in once in a while
    you can expect sims walking around the neighborhood dressed as vampires
    if you play in forgotten hollow for any extended period of time you can expect the game to generate a lot of vampires
    other than that they don't really do all that much or get in the way of anything
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I have found that if you delete Vlad and the other pre-mades, the vampires have very little effect on gameplay unless you actively get involved with a vampire or decide to make a household with vampires. Occasionally, there will be Sims (who may or may not be vampires) knocking on your door, but you don't need to let them in. I have had very few break-ins, but maybe I've just been lucky.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Vampires is my favourite pack, so I definitely recommend it, but then I am a vampire/supernatural fan so I'm probably not the best person for you to ask? As others have commented though, I have been able to easily avoid vampires when I wish to and you can always delete or cure them. Vlad often visits once shortly after you start a new household, but you don't have to let him in and as long as you don't do any vampire related interactions or learn vampire lore then you shouldn't get many if any 'creatures of the night' at your door. I very rarely have had vampire break ins and my main sim IS a vampire. I believe some simmers have had issues with vampires breaking in at venues, but this has since been fixed? I never experienced it myself so I can't be sure. Also I don't believe a vampire can turn your sim into a vampire without your say so. Even if they could though, it would be easy to fix with cheats. Honestly I find celebrities much more intrusive.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have bought the pack mostly because of the CAS and bb which are awesome and also to give a try on the vampires, although im also a realistic player. I also found out, like other people has commented that if you don't interact with nothing related to them you'll only find a vampire once in a while. Even so for me it was too much and I ended up disabling the Pack. But you can try. A lot of realistic players haven't disabled it and can cope with these rare encounters...
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    There is no autonomous turning, so you don't need to worry about that at all.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've had the pack for almost a year and never had a break-in. I have gotten the calls saying "what a nice neck you have there" though. Expect to see sims walking in the clothes from the pack and to see some vampires walk by at night, but that's pretty much it if you're not playing them
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sims can't get turned autonomously, so don't worry about that. :)

I don't know much about vampire break-ins, though. Sometimes they may show up at your door, but if there's a vampire in the household, they'll just leave. Or maybe they left because someone in the household was awake.

I've mostly had actual vampire break-ins with households I played with really briefly. They would come in, wake up a sim, drink their blood, and leave the sim exhausted on the floor. No random death, no random turning. Don't worry about it.

It's probably better for you to just avoid interacting with vampire content in general, but if it's too late, garlic may keep them out. Locking doors also helps.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I’ve been thinking of getting the vampires pack, but will it affect my realistic gameplay too much? If so, what can I expect and how can I prevent? For further reference, I meant break ins or my sims getting turned as ‘too much’.

I have had vampires break in at the worst times. (Once when my Sim was up for a promotion at the end of a work week!) I haven't had break-ins hardly at all since I started playing with at least one vampire in the house. Once Vlad showed up and washed my dishes, doing his creepy vampire walk the whole way. They add an element of randomness to the game, for sure.

Honestly, the furniture is pretty and the clothes are cool, but many of the items are only relevant if you are actually playing with vampires. (I assume your normal Sims don't plan to sleep in coffins, and plasma fruit will make them sick.)

The only way to turn a Sim if there's no vampire in your household is to actually ask an NPC vampire to do it. So just don't click that interaction by mistake if you're chatting with one. (Though even if you do turn by accident, there is a cure, it's just a pain to get.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Get Famous is more intrusive than Vampires, for sure. They show up EVERYWHERE, and everyone gives them all their attention. Vampires are generally okay, they tend to leave you alone. The occasional break-in, they show up to some venues, but they keep quiet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    I have found that if you delete Vlad and the other pre-mades, the vampires have very little effect on gameplay unless you actively get involved with a vampire or decide to make a household with vampires. Occasionally, there will be Sims (who may or may not be vampires) knocking on your door, but you don't need to let them in. I have had very few break-ins, but maybe I've just been lucky.

I've found that using the Private Household lot trait can even cut back on the strangers (vampires or faux vampires) knocking on the door. I don't answer the door after about 9pm Sims time unless it's a Sim my Sims know.

If you're not mod-averse, MCCC has a function where you can humanize vampires (and also aliens). Or you can just go through Manage Households and delete any game-generated vampires (they're typically just a single Sim, and if you go into Do Modify in CAS (the pencil icon on the household panel) you can see if they're vampires or faux vamps. Do it once a Sim week and that should keep the vamp population under ontrol.

I love a lot of the items in the pack, but I don't want to play with vampires every single save.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I deleted all premades, and remade my own Daemons, barely notice they are there. It's when i'm controlling them There are big impacts.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    vampires is honestly such a great pack! its very detailed and comes along with great cas/build options. the only downside is when vampires show up your door at night. usually when that happens i have to wake up my sim and tell them to leave so i can continue to speed through their sleep. the other annoying thing is when they break into your house and bite your sim (they can't turn them unless your sim asks) but they do get a moodlet of being uncomfortable. i agree with that if you dont it to affect your realistic gameplay that you could just always delete vlad, caleb, and lilith in whatever save file you dont want them in.
  • kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    What about your sim being a vampire?!? is it awesome or will it get annoying?!? what is to be expected?
    edited May 2019
    @kaspertelly I personally think it's awesome. It's rarely gotten annoying for me.

You do have to take weaknesses--kind of like fame quirks in Get Famous, but you choose what your weaknesses will be. There are a lot of workarounds, as well. Several of the weaknesses like guilty drinker or day phobia make your vampire tense at various points. But if you get the Carefree trait with your satisfaction points, you can pretty much negate all the negatives there. The powers are really nice, and so is the non-aging.

The positives way outweigh the negatives, in my opinion.

The only ones I don't recommend the pack for are players who are very dedicated to keeping their game as realistic as possible. They aren't intrusive, but the pack is called Vampires, so unless you use mods, they're going to show up at least sometimes.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I didn't delete any premades and some lots I'm playing on has a garlic near the front door and I barely interact with vampires. I do plan to play with them in the future but in families with no supernaturals they don't show up everywhere or bother me.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Like Strangerville, you can have Vampires in your game, completely ignore the strangeness / vampire aspect and have it not really bother you much. Playing with them is fun (in terms of leveling them up and giving them new powers), but I'm a huge occult nerd so I'm biased. There are also some fun BB and CAS items.
  • kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    @katrinasforest awesome I want to get that vampires pack. Would like to try that gameplay.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Honestly, I don't think so. I like integrating them into "normal" Sims lives because it adds drama and mystery but if you don't want to, I don't think it's difficult. Especially if you delete the main ones in new hollow like @belpita mentioned. If you come across an npc and don't want them to be a vampire for some reason, it's easy enough to download the cure off the gallery if you don't want to/can't make it yourself/don't want to use cheats to raise skills. I haven't had a break in, but I've only had the pack for a few months of scattered play, so I might not be the best to ask. My sister has ha for awhile though and she only ever had Vlad break in a few times, so if you're really concerned, just delete him or change his skills in the skill tree.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Honestly the vampires pretty much never make an appearance. I even set up a full town of vampires in forgotten hollow, and moved in one normal sim family, expecting all sorts of fun. Except they still haven’t had a visit, and they’ve all aged up now. A little disappointing to be honest at how little they visit :( To begin with vampires were frequent, but people complained, they tuned it right right down.

And you can plant garlic, make garlic braids to hang above your front door/ bed if you’re that paranoid about them. But then you could add that into your sims story? But the vampire gameplay is actually pretty good so defo check out that side of the pack; and the items too, defo recommend getting it ;)
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Honestly the vampires pretty much never make an appearance. I even set up a full town of vampires in forgotten hollow, and moved in one normal sim family, expecting all sorts of fun. Except they still haven’t had a visit, and they’ve all aged up now. A little disappointing to be honest at how little they visit :( To begin with vampires were frequent, but people complained, they tuned it right right down.

And you can plant garlic, make garlic braids to hang above your front door/ bed if you’re that paranoid about them. But then you could add that into your sims story? But the vampire gameplay is actually pretty good so defo check out that side of the pack; and the items too, defo recommend getting it ;)

That's interesting. I thought it was just the difference between the console and the PC version. (Or maybe it's that, too.) But I did notice break-ins much more often playing the PS4. (That was when my one Sim got bit right before he was due for his big promotion.)
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited May 2019
    I really enjoy playing my vampire family . i play them in rotation with the other 12 families , The only thing is for some reason time after time when i try to go home after having other sims on dates i get a message i cant go home as someone is breaking in , thats even when there are other family members at home , So i dont know if the game is getting confused and where they are breaking into
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I really enjoy playing my vampire family . i play them in rotation with the other 12 families , The only thing is for some reason time after time when i try to go home after having other sims on dates i get a message i cant go home as someone is breaking in , thats even when there are other family members at home , So i dont know if the game is getting confused and where they are breaking into

This is a bug that was supposed to be fixed. I'm wondering if it's not fixed for you because the fix may only work for new saves.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have only had two sims bitten. It just makes you tired for awhile. I don’t play vampires either so far. I have started locking my doors at night. I think that is suppose to keep them out. Also if you study about Vampires and grow garlic that can help too, I haven’t done that yet.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If there's ever a time you don't want vampires in your game (I've never done this, but it's there) you can delete all vampires with MCCC.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    The only thing that affected my sim when I bought the GM was a very...surprised....night...visit....*wink wink*
    pFlklGp.png