Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Dogwalkers Please

I think I'm at a stage with pets in this game where I would buy a pack if all it came with was a service for someone to walk my sim's dogs. I get sooo irritated by my sim's dogs CONSTANTLY asking for walks. There are only so many sim hours in a day and even the "short walk" option takes incredibly long. Not to mention, some dogs ask for multiple walks a day. I want my sim's dogs to be happy, but this walking stuff is getting out of hand. I wish there was a service that you could hire like the maid, where someone would come over everyday and just walk your sim's dog/s. NPC teen career perhaps? That would be cool as well... However, the important thing here is the ridiculous amount of walks my sim's dog wants. Dogwalker needed 100%. Rant over lol
2ynjgg8.png

Comments

• PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    Strangely my dog asks for a walk once every 2-3 days. I do agree it should be an option for the dogs that do want walks so often! When my dog does want a walk they do take up quite a lot of the day which isn't ideal when I am trying to level up my Sims skills after her work..
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2019
    Coming up... "Sims 4: My First Dog Walker" stuff pack for $10!
    -Hire new dog walkers to take your dog for a walk! That's it...
    -Also comes with a new variant of one of the female hairstyles we've given you several times already!
    -Also, dozens of young adult female clothing!
    -Must have "Sims 4: Cats & Dogs" installed to enjoy the entire pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    -Also comes with a new variant of one of the female hairstyles we've given you several times already!

Its not a very nice joke to make, considering they did patch in other NPCs to the game for free. This seems to disregard that kind of generosity that we need from the devs.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited June 2019
    Reksoh wrote: »
    Its not a very nice joke to make, considering they did patch in other NPCs to the game for free. This seems to disregard that kind of generosity that we need from the devs.
    I doubt the devs are crying themselves to sleep because someone on a forum made a joke based on something they did, that has been a source of ridicule for years now. I appreciate their work and all, but a little humor isn't going to hurt them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    I doubt the devs are crying themselves to sleep because someone on a forum made a joke based on something they did, that has been a source of ridicule for years now. I appreciate their work and all, but a little humor isn't going to hurt them.

my point is not about hurting the devs feelings or making them cry or anything like that. it is simply to give credit where its due. I see no reason to bring up MFPS to joke about how greedy they are when, more relevantly, they added NPCs like nannies and gardeners for free and could do the same with dog walkers.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited June 2019
    my point is not about hurting the devs feelings or making them cry or anything like that. it is simply to give credit where its due. I see no reason to bring up MFPS to joke about how greedy they are when, more relevantly, they added NPCs like nannies and gardeners for free and could do the same with dog walkers.
    Again though, the joke isn't hurting anyone. They did something dumb and someone made a joke about it. And frankly, I think the joke is relevant. Even if they do add some free stuff now and then, doesn't mean they haven't stopped selling important content piece by piece. Granted, nothing else they've done has come close to MFPS.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    Yeesss this would be amazing. Perfect job for teens and would be amazing if it could be set up as a before or after school job for them to have and also an option on the phone for a service for either or both of those times for the owner.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member

@Lustianicia OMG yaaaaas take my money LMAO. I can see the youtube videos now, it would be hilarious. I am very serious in my irritation with these dogs and their walks though, something must be done or I will make every sim pet couch potatoes!!
    2ynjgg8.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Dogwalkers would be really helpful. I usually just end up cheating dog needs because I can't deal with the constant demands for a walk.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You mean things that have been in the base game for every single sims game ever?

Something we expected but werent given at launch due to then rushing? Thats like being thankful they patched in toddlers, they SHOULD have.

Also to op, little ms sam had a hireable dog walking mod.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes please and also we need to be able to walk more than one dog at once and allow more than one person to go on a dog walk. It could be a nice social activity for sims to take another sim along with them on a dog walk.

You mean things that have been in the base game for every single sims game ever?

Something we expected but werent given at launch due to then rushing? Thats like being thankful they patched in toddlers, they SHOULD have.

Also to op, little ms sam had a hireable dog walking mod.

where are you getting "be thankful" from? i dont care what you're thankful for.

im just saying I dont understand why we would jump to the conclusion that they will charge us for dog walkers when they added other npcs to the game for free.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Lol, isn't it funny how the simplest of threads can turn into an argument...

Luckily, the dogs I have only require walking every few days. Maybe it's to do with traits? But I tend to go jogging with them instead of walking, and just return home when my sim has had enough. It seems to satisfy the dogs needs, getting made to run along behind :D
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Sometimes if my Sims don't have time to walk their dogs I'd just leash and then unleash. It seems to count as going for a walk. :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    OP, I know it's not what you want, but Bienchen has a small tuning mod that makes dog walks shorter:

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-hunde-katzen/

Scroll down three-quarters of the way and it's called 'shorterdogwalks'.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Ooh! Just also found this one on LittleMSSam's site:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411487173/dog-walker-dog-jogger-hire-a-dog-walkerjogger

Sounds like what you might be after?

I've not used either though, so can't speak to how well they work.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I agree. I have a dog in an apartment and even though I appreciate the ease in The sims 4 of leashing a dog, going outside, the walking routine etc. the dog takes the ease away by asking to go out E-VE-RY SING-LE TIME!

The dog does not do his business fast enough and I have to ask him to pee multiple times. Then when I come back, he starts asking again and it seems he never did his business at all. I asked him around 3-5 times already.
    The short walk is not short either. In any way I always have to bring my sim back on my own, cause it takes way too long and he is late for work.

Why the newspaper on the floor don't work for them to pee/poop on? That would be useful as puppies or busy sims.

I also have a problem with cats. Why do cats need to go outside when there is a litter box inside the house? There is no reason to keep that thing in the house, if they still want to go outside. I remember that it worked in apartments, but not in my current home which is located in Willow creek.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    Love the idea of dog walkers, would be a great job for teens! Also another great job would be dog sitter, so when your sim is at work for a while or even on vacation they don't have to worry because theres a dog sitter there!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have not had this problem in my game but maybe it is because I have multiple sims who takes care of the animals, so there are always someone who could help walking the dog, I have a guy who is active so he often just goes jogging with the dog for a day. But even then, the dogs does not ask for multiple walks in a day.