Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Go To School Mod Help?

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    EmilyH wrote: »
    For some reason, I have downloaded the mod, but the options for an elementary school and high school won’t show up in lot type. I deleted and reinstalled the mod, but nothing happened. I am able to do declare subject and all other actions.

Hello @EmilyH
    I am just checking. You need to download the Venue Changes mod also. Have you also downloaded that mod?
  • EmilyHEmilyH Posts: 2 New Member
    No, thanks for the help!
  • TwinCrowsTwinCrows Posts: 1 New Member
    Seems like Venues conflict with other Venue mods. I also have a Go To College venue mod that seems to conflict. Only one works at a time, so you've got to pick which one.

My plan is to keep another, separate mods folder and swap them out as my Sims age.
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    @rosemow Is this mod BGC?
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    Thanks rosemow!!
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • Unicorn729618Unicorn729618 Posts: 3 New Member
    How do we download it on a Mac? Sorry, I just can't seem to figure it out even with other tips. :neutral:
  • PINKDINO99PINKDINO99 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi sports fans. Mod works great with my schools. Had fun going to school and attending classes.
    QUESTION
    Only 8 members ever show up for school, which looks ridiculous in my 50x50 three story building (that I spent hours kitting out with activities, labs, dance studios, music halls... URGH !) How do you increase the group size so I get +20 students ? (my PC is a beast, it can handle +60 on other lots)
    I'm taking about increasing the default size of the group that shows up for school in this mod, not... NOT... a club, because my clubs are modded already for 50 members. T.V.M xx
  • jose1301phinejose1301phine Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried to build school but couldn't find any furnitures from the mod. only one sign shows up. I'm able to change the lot to a school and all that, but I can't seem to find any furnitures related to the mod. any help?
  • CheetobeesCheetobees Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an unusual problem, I've done everything right: downloaded the mod and the venue changes, made a high school and given it all the requirements and in the morning I get the option to join my sim at school, but when school starts he doesn't go to the high school lot that I made, he just stays at home but the to-do list in the corner still pops up and even students show up at my sims house too. I've tried everything I can think of I've watched multiple videos but haven't found a solution. Please help me I was really looking forward to using this mod.
  • taltoltaltol Posts: 1 New Member
    hello. i have the same problem with kids that stays at home when i click on "join" . i have downloaded the venue changes and nothing changed. Also, i have to mention that i have "Go to university" pack , is it because this mod conflicts with go to university ? i really want it to work! please help me 3>
  • RachelBrunoLimRachelBrunoLim Posts: 1 New Member
    I have some problem with kid NPC go to school. It's pop up to ask me "join" to school but after I click on it, the school event start at my house and all students come to my house. I've followed your instructions to build a school and set it to residential / generic and saved game, and then switch it back to school avenue and saved the game again, but my kid / teen still join the 'go to school' at my house. How can I fix this problem, anyone please help?
  • starringllamasstarringllamas Posts: 1 New Member
    > @taltol said:
    > hello. i have the same problem with kids that stays at home when i click on "join" . i have downloaded the venue changes and nothing changed. Also, i have to mention that i have "Go to university" pack , is it because this mod conflicts with go to university ? i really want it to work! please help me 3>

i have literally just got 'go to university' and the exact same thing has happened to me. whenever i click, 'join' it doesn't join. i'll be super annoyed if the mod doesn't work because of the university pack, because the mod has worked absolutely fine for me before.
  • Kay4791Kay4791 Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I'm exceptionally late but can you send multiple sims from one household or just a single sim.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Kay4791 wrote: »
    I know I'm exceptionally late but can you send multiple sims from one household or just a single sim.

Only one sim can attend school at a time. If you have more than one child in a household they will have to take turns and go on another day. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SimmingFunSimmingFun Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone! When I go to change the lot type to high school/elementary school, only the old codes show up, but the new ones (I guess?) come up as blank with no description or title, just blank with icons. How can I fix this? Thank you! <3
  • marxwhoresmarxwhores Posts: 1 New Member
    hi everyone! im having trouble with this mod and I'm pretty sure it's still broken after the spa day update patch. my main concern is that I have the building set up, I have the stickers set up, and my kid and the other kids do show up, yet the npc teachers wont show up. i have checked to see my sim limit and I recently changed it to unlimited so now its a little over 200. what should I do? any help is appreciated!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    marxwhores wrote: »
    hi everyone! im having trouble with this mod and I'm pretty sure it's still broken after the spa day update patch. my main concern is that I have the building set up, I have the stickers set up, and my kid and the other kids do show up, yet the npc teachers wont show up. i have checked to see my sim limit and I recently changed it to unlimited so now its a little over 200. what should I do? any help is appreciated!
    Have you tried only having one teacher podium? The mod is built for one teacher only, who stands at the one podium, lecturing, and each day of the week has one subject, for which there is a lecture to attend, questions to ask, then activities to pursue. So one day will be Science and Technology, another will be Creative Arts, and each one has a lecture portion and a lot of activity choices, for which you can build rooms specific to those activities.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Ramonster79Ramonster79 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem the being friendly to the staff or classmates doesn't seem to work. Whenever I interact with staff or classmates using the Friendly options the count doesn't go up. it just stay at zero. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem the being friendly to the staff or classmates doesn't seem to work. Whenever I interact with staff or classmates using the Friendly options the count doesn't go up. it just stay at zero. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey, have you found a fix? I have the exact problem, the interaction to be friendly to staff or classmates is not being acknowledge in the goals, the count doesn't go up.

I also have the problem where the staff (apart from the teacher who is at the podium) stand around outside including janitor, caterer, councillor and principle... the 'NPC stickers' in their chosen rooms don't attract the designated sim to go there.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've installed the Go to School mod, and placed a high school on a lot. I can send a Teen Sim to school, where he's joined by other Teens, along with a Teacher, Counselor, Janitor, Principal, and Caterer. So, obviously I'm doing something right.

The NPC school personnel all stand around outside, and I've read that the problem could be the fact that some "NPC stickers" haven't been placed on the lot. I can see files called Podium.package and Staff Icons.package in my Mods folder. However, when I go into Build mode to try to add the "stickers" to the school lot, I can't find them. I have a category called "High School Items" that includes all kinds of signs, etc. but I can't find the right ones.

And, is "Rostrum Station" the podium I need to make the teacher teach a lesson?

Any help you could give would be helpful!

EDIT: I found them. When I thought to filter the items so only Custom Content showed up, the Teacher's Podium and Go To School NPC Icons appeared. Now I'll place them in the classrooms and see what happens.

EDIT again: That solved the problem. I sent my Teen to school, and he was able to attend class and do a variety of other things during his day. :)
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have just downloaded this mod and I am about to start building an elementary school. If anyone has building tips for this mod I would appreciate it :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have just downloaded this mod and I am about to start building an elementary school. If anyone has building tips for this mod I would appreciate it :)

Just in case anyone was looking these are the best info that I could find. Will see how building goes.

Now I just have to decide where I want to build my elementary school. Sulani, Henford or San Myshuno.

Cheers.

A text detailing all the objects needed.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/zerbus-gts-mod-59677066