Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to pack sales?

In the past there were discounts every now and then, and there was another SP on sale more or less weekly. But lately there have been none of those,. and I miss them. I want more packs but can't really afford them, so with random sales I could at least dream about getting more. Do they normally run a Summer sale? Or should I expect a sale on older packs when they release new contents over the next 5-6 months? Hm, guess I want the new stuff pack(s), too, this will be tough any way, LOL.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I think they might have been pushing the packs in anticipation of the switch to 64bit this month - getting those sales in some will not be able to buy the packs yet to come.
    I hope they do have SPs on sale more often in the future. There was actually some excitement in seeing "which one is it this week?"
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Yea @anmirla and do you know any more about the 64bit thing? What will happen to those with 32bit (like me) and is there anything we can do to switch to 64??
    edited June 2019
    I could be wrong, but I believe your OS needs to be upgraded to 64bit and you need at least 4GB of RAM. I'm not tech savvy and I only pick up bits here and there. :( (no pun intended)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Mindsimscreate Most machines in the last 10 years or so can run 64bit but your machine, even so may not be powerful enough to run a video game. A good video card helps. Check what options you are using for the game in Origin. They have 32bit and 64bit options already.

You'll find your answer here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/td-p/7629106
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yea @anmirla and do you know any more about the 64bit thing? What will happen to those with 32bit (like me) and is there anything we can do to switch to 64??

If you don't upgrade you will be given a legacy version with access to the base game and any packs you have already bought but you won't be able to buy future packs or updates until you purchase the upgrade
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Yay! Just ask about the pack sales and voila - next day they are back :) All are now 40-50% off! :) I just ordered Jungle Adventure and Spa Day, was thinking of Laundry Day as well, but figured I will get busy enough with JA and SD :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Yay! Just ask about the pack sales and voila - next day they are back :) All are now 40-50% off! :) I just ordered Jungle Adventure and Spa Day, was thinking of Laundry Day as well, but figured I will get busy enough with JA and SD :)

That is a REALLY good sale since game packs are usually only 25% off. Have fun!
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    You know what's funny? I just recently bought like 5 stuff packs....
    pFlklGp.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've got those stuff packs that I was missing. Not all, but all that interest me. Now my collection is complete :)
  • SilvyrRainSilvyrRain Posts: 20 Member
    I saw the sale on Amazon first, then realized it was on Origin too. I guess Amazon has the Origin sales? They advertised it as the EA Play sale. Anyhow, I was going to jump on here and say the sale is today, but you guys are all on top of it! :smiley:

As a new player, I was super excited to have a sale and will definitely be buying some things. Yay!
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited June 2019
    Never mind.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on