Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP7 listing (TS4: Island Living) & description, releasing on June 21!

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    slamonda wrote: »
    they don't usually release on Saturdays do they or am i wrong

The 21st is a Friday.

I'm guessing 27th or 28th June.

Yeah, I find it odd that the announcement would only be about two weeks before release for an EP, but I think the closer we come to the end of the series, the more shake-ups there will be.
    Guess we'll find out Saturday if the leak is true...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Wow they took “City Living” and replaced “City” with “Island”. That’s about as creative as using the “Get” naming convention 3 times. Are they that burnt out over there? A unique pack title is one of the easiest things they could possible generate there, and they instead rip off the title of another expansion. Sad

Out of all the things to rip on, this is what you rip on? Nobody complained about Apartment Life, University Life, Night Life etc.

It's not a big deal, out of all the things you could complain about this is easily one of the least important.

Not really your place to decide what a I rip on TBH. Your examples aren’t very good because nightlife is one word, and is quite different from apartment life which is two separate words. University life isn’t even the same game, so not sure why you’re bringing that into it. Again, not any of your business what I think or how I feel about their uncreative titles that are all just rehashed versions of the same idea. Not like there’s any info about this pack yet so kindly keep your objections to my thoughts to yourself please.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I couldn't care less about the name, lol. I just care about the content (mostly what can be used on every world vs the island only). I would have bet weeks ago that it would be an island EP anyway, considering the other leaks.

I just wish EA would just announce their EPs earlier. I really don't get why they don't do it. Having to learn first from 3rd party sellers is just lame.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    "Sims making their own paradise" is so vague. Could mean anything from placing beach fun items from the inventory onto the ground to running a resort to building a village from the ground up (as in Castaway for Playstation where we actually got to direct our sims to build huts) to a full blown Create a World. Concentrating on not raising my hopes too high here, lol.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2019
    It sounds like sims can live there not just go on vacation. Great! Can we have it already ?! I don’t wanna wait!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was really hoping for University but this is fine too. Although they better include ocean swimming, otherwise this definitely won't be well-received by anyone 😂
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2019
    Deleted
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    slamonda wrote: »
    they don't usually release on Saturdays do they or am i wrong

The 21st is a Friday.

I'm guessing 27th or 28th June.

Yeah, I find it odd that the announcement would only be about two weeks before release for an EP, but I think the closer we come to the end of the series, the more shake-ups there will be.
    Guess we'll find out Saturday if the leak is true...

Actually all the recent releases were really close to their announcements so this isn't too surprising.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Guys the name changed to "A Dream Island". What?????
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Guys the name changed to "A Dream Island". What?????

I don't get it. If it's just a place holder why change it?
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Well, I also think the name Island Living is really weird. It doesn't have the same ring as City Living. I do wish they would add some creativity to the packs names but that's honestly the least of my worries.

I do not like what the tittle/summary implies, that this will be a regular world and not a vacation world. I certainly hope they came up with a feature where sims can go on vacations on regular worlds too, otherwise this will be a waste for me because I couldn't care less about my sims living on an island. If hotels aren't a thing, I will instantly be disappointed.

Also, I wouldn't expect things like swimming in oceans if I were you, not like TS3 at least. The best I can see this pack offering is one or two beach areas where it has an ocean and sims can go swim on them, other than that, don't expect that to be a feature, especially on worlds already created. I personally won't mind it since I never really understood the need of swimming on any body of water you can find, lol. As long as we get actual beaches with waves, sunbathing, beach activities, etc.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I just clicked the page, it shows nothing now ?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope it is a residential world. I'd rather have beach bums living on the beach than homeless in the parks.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Wow they took “City Living” and replaced “City” with “Island”. That’s about as creative as using the “Get” naming convention 3 times. Are they that burnt out over there? A unique pack title is one of the easiest things they could possible generate there, and they instead rip off the title of another expansion. Sad

Island Paradise, Tropical Paradise etc. nearly any name they come up with for a Tropical pack would have either been point blank obvious and recycled or not clear enough.

It’s like how The Sims 2 & 3 often just chucked “life” before or after what was coming.

Nightlife made sense. But Apartment Life? University Life? Town Life? etc.

I also agree that “Get” titles are annoying but “Get Together” makes sense (like Nightlife)
    On The Job would have been better for GTW etc

I’m not here to say they’ve never done it before, but I am saying they do it all the time with Sims 4 packs and it shows just how creative they aren’t. This is only expansion number 7 and it’s naming convention is once again a rehash. 3 of the 7 use the Get [X] convention, and 2 of them use the [X] living convention. That’s 5 out of 7 packs that have rehashed names and the only two remaining packs have the most generic titles possible (C&D, Seasons). It’s representative of the studio, never thinking outside the box anytime ever to think of something new even when it’s easy.

It’s not my job to think of a pack title for them, but I can think of something a lot more original than Island Living. I guess I should just be happy they didn’t rehash Get once again, but we all know they aren’t done with that one either.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    This entry seems to have been removed completely now.

Does that mean it was true?
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

http://www.panvision.com/1/1.0.1.0/33/5/?item=prod_prod-s1/92578&group=prod_prod_grp-s1/29

Not removed they changed the title.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

http://www.panvision.com/1/1.0.1.0/33/5/?item=prod_prod-s1/92578&group=prod_prod_grp-s1/29

Not removed they changed the title.

When I tried the link on the front page it was blank. I also checked the simulation tab on the site and it didn't show there either. Odd.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    This is what it says for me now:

unelmasaari4qkty.jpg

Whatever that means...
  • Options
    Umm...it was removed a little while ago. Now it says "Unelmasaari"? What's that?

The descript:
    Escape the ordinary and enjoy a laid-back lifestyle surrounded by beaches in The Sims 4 Island Living. Explore a breezy world drenched in sun, sand, and endless fun as your Sims make their own paradise.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I Google it and it shows something as a peninsula
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    The word Unelmasaari is Finnish. It seems to have to do with islands, so I guess it’s the title in Finnish.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2019
    Someone said above that it changed to "A dream island". That's what Unelmasaari means apparently. This could be the title in Finnish, since different languages have different titles that mean different things. Now the question is why the people at this website are constantly changing the name...
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Omg omg omg, please be real!! I need this, guys! I will definitely have to start my family over if this is the case.😂
  • Options
    Someone said above that it changed to "A dream island". That's what Unelmasaari means apparently. This could be the title in Finnish, since different languages have different titles that mean different things. Now the question is why the people at this website are constantly changing the name...

What's weird is the title is now in Finnish, but the description is in English. :/ Very confusing.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    People: we want a tropical expansion pack
    -tropical expansion pack release date gets leaked-
    People: I don't like the name

Everyone's a critic, huh.

webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif